Feedback thread for "Killerdog's guides"

I’ve just released KD's HP Boost guide which dives into the strategy of what to pick as well as where to get ores, how to farm them and it’s got my recent videos discussing the best mythics and legendaries to HP boost.

2 Likes

Great guide. I think it would only be fair to give credit to @Unown for the mortar setup :slightly_smiling_face:

For everyone interested: Here’s the team @Unown publicly shared in the clan chat:

3 Likes

Yeah it was a mistake to leave out credit to him for his influence on the team. I’ll add some. Me and him have talked a lot about building a team for this grinding and actually the team you shared there of his is a recent one with influence from me. This was the original team he shared:

In this you can see mortar was the big influence from his side and we settled on the same FL but I only did it after discovering Roco 5th held it together (without that I found it less consistent) and we made slightly different choices about mortar monsters and positions after that.

Needless to say, we’ve been developing these teams together and he definitely deserves that credit. I’m only adding the information about his original team in this post to make it clear it’s not quite a case of “I copied him and am now stealing all the credit”.

1 Like

me silently copying both those auto battle teams so I can boost carmilla before ranked begins

Go ahead! It’s why I shared the team in the guide :smiley: (and to help inspire people to figure out what might work from their own collection)

That’s probably because of the camo right? I didn’t think whatever was in 5th slot would make much of a difference as long as you’d have armadiator and something else like even carmilla to deal with camo mons

Basically, yeah. Monsters which stick around for a while get targeted by the AI so Roco is great for coming in and dealing with whatever the enemy was that was a problem to kill. Because of Gryphking and Botanic, Roco is often loaded for its first turn (there’s extra turns and loading going around) so it does the 42TU piercing kill followed by raw bloodfury, taking out the two enemies which are likely the biggest problems the FL couldn’t deal with.

Actually, after some more testing I found the number of battles I had to intervene with increased from 15% to 25% in lvls 70-80 with Bloomeluga in the front line. So I’ve reverted back to Roco in the FL and have adjusted the guide.

@Unown Sorry, in still not sold on FL Bloom. It’s definitely faster in lower levels but I find the damage too poor higher up. It’s fine when the monsters chain their hellfire all attacks together or Bloom gets to tsunami mortar but if Bloom is taken out at the start or Armadiator gets hit below 50% HP the effectiveness drops a lot.

I think there’s also something to be said about having the option of playing manually a bit at the beginning with Roco to take down a particular enemy or two which would be problematic. This is especially true if you want to use the auto-play team in other events in the game (although of course it the battles are easy then Bloom is going to make it faster).

Wouldn’t taking bloom out of the frontline give you some consistency issues if there’s stun? That’s not an issue if you’re playing manually, but auto battle might not be able to deal with it that well

Why would I have issue with stun in PvE, especially when the enemies are randomly picked? Besides, Gryphking covers it well enough and having Bloom further back actually spreads out the stun protection across the team better.

That’s fair. From what I tested, armadiator made the biggest difference compared to when I tried running auraleus instead to abuse the gt spam but that was when I was using rocolossus 5th.

Yeah Armadiator would be a big upgrade over that. The regular shields from mortar monsters make a big difference. The damage from Armadiator definitely struggles beyond a point, but up to level 80 in MBQ it’s not reached that

Thanks for the mention.

I have been doing 80-90 on auto and occasionally the first 6-7 monsters clear whole levels. Consistency definitely is way lower than at 70-80 but I at this point can handle few losses here and there (gem wasting)

Also, have cleared lvl 91 few times. but that’s gonna be too inconsistent for my liking, but theoretically you could do 0-100. Maybe with an improved team this will finally be possible but atm I cant think of much that could improve to that.

1 Like

I’ve just updated KD's Player Icon previews with all the icons that are available in the game. They had all been discovered and shared here on the forum so the Devs decided there wouldn’t be any waiting this time, they’re simply all added to the guide.

As always, I really like the variety of art styles here and how they always capture different things about the monsters.

Here are some of my favourites / some funny ones…

Icon417Icon418
Icon500Icon504
Icon491Icon488

Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496Icon496

2 Likes

who shared the sarcrosphinx icon? i think everyone missed this monster

True, that might actually be one that was missed. I’m certain it was the only one though, if any

its his tail

3 Likes

We missed posting quite some of the icons, Solariel looks really awesome, I’ll evolve him next, once I got the ingredients, just for the icon.

Thanks for the update KD and Devs :pray: highly appreciated. It’ll be very beneficial for me for creating wallpapers of icons with transparency.

I recognised basically all of them. I’m sure they were shared somewhere. It was two waves of icons released so it was over 100 in total! There have been loads shared in the other thread though

1 Like

@Killerdog. I have a few questions about the hatching… and for some reason, I can’t seem to discover any answers on it, no matter how I phrase it. Not even if I put in ‘Reddit’ at the beginning of the search. I’m new to Neo Monsters, you see, and so it seems only reasonable that I would have questions like these.

I’ll just simply illustrate them there, as best as I can…

-Is it possible for any legandary/mythic to be a featured monster, or does that only pertain to particular monsters?

-Is it possible to get any monster from any egg, even if they are not of the featured monster(s) that are associated with that egg?

-And, following from that question there, if that is not the case, then is it possible to check the non-featured monsters that are available within each egg, even if they’re not of the featured monster(s) that are associated with that egg?

-Are there monsters that aren’t available from hatching eggs, or even, monsters that aren’t available anymore at all?

-If question 1 is true and if question 2 is not true, then is it possible for me check (online) when a particular monster does become available from eggs, and from which egg it would be available from?

-Is it possible for me to check (online) where and when I can get particular monsters, at all, actually?

I think those are basically all the questions in which I have right now, that I just can’t seem to get answers to. Sorry if the questions are a little too dense, haha, I tried my best to illustrate them well. But well, overall, I think that you would understand what I’m getting at with them, and why it is I’m asking them, and so I think it’s alright.

I hope that I’ll still be able to get answers to them here, eventually, and that I’m not too late… ;-;

Sorry for my awkward wording.