Feedback thread for "Killerdog's guides"

Got it! They come in particular use with Canishogun with his SS “underdog” (triples the attack and defence of 0-4* monsters). Put him with any of the starters + others of that element and time the entrance speed to go just behind Canishogun then you can underdog -> assisted AoE to one-shot most things in PvP.

If you’re doing much PvP at the moment you’ve probably seen that around the place.

I don’t have Canishogun and I haven’t used those 4* starters for years but you’ll find out with time that you want to get every single monster you can get your hands on. The Devs are very giving us reasons to use some of the weaker monsters in certain scenarios.

Btw I applaud your ambition. I look forward to seeing you develop in this game. Hopefully you can be among the greats by the end of this year.

That’s really interesting I’ll have to look up canis in the dex that sounds potent. Thanks for the insight. Haven’t yet seen that in pvp arena but in the biweekly missions he seemed like a glass cannon and I didn’t pay attention to him much, but then again those teams are really stacked so its easy to miss

I just released KD’s Showdown Tower map 2.0 which is a new and better version of the old map. Now all trainers have a small description of what is in their team (almost all - still doing the last few).

I also changed the section in KD’s How to beat each event (+videos) with regards to Showdown Tower to keep that up to date (although the thread is not properly written yet).

I’ve updated KD’s Version update history with version 2.11, including an extra note that wasn’t added.

Added the section with links to my YouTube series which reviews all the monsters each year to KD's Every Monster Analysed.

These are the first of the series, 2019!

2019 (monsterdex #1500-1750)
Earth - Fire - Holy - Shadow - Storm - Water

(Please note, at my time posting this the water video is not out yet. It will be soon)

I’ve updated KD's Version update history with version 2.12, including a table showing the change to bonus potions on move TU.

Also, I forgot to write here to say that KD's Player Icon previews has been updated to include the 2 icons from events and the Valentine’s icon. Thanks again to the Devs for providing them!
Icon224
Icon225
Icon226

1 Like

I’ve updated KD's Legendaries/Mythics listed + stats to now include the types of all the monsters. I’ve also expanded the summary sections to have a table for types and added the table below in the first post.

For anyone interested in the type distribution across elements here it is (so far). Some types are very focused in a certain element, while others are in two and others are split across them all. It should be interesting when we start getting some moves with regards to types.

Type \ Element Earth Fire Holy Shadow Storm Water Total
Angelic 1 9 1 1 12
Aquatic 1 10 11
Beast 7 2 4 5 4 22
Bird 1 3 2 2 5 3 16
Bug 5 1 1 2 1 1 11
Demon 2 7 9
Dragon 3 10 10 8 4 5 40
Humanoid 3 1 3 2 1 10
Phantom 2 2 10 3 1 18
Plant 7 1 8
Reptile 6 1 1 2 10
Robotic 3 6 3 10 4 26
Rock 6 6 1 13
Total 34 33 36 40 31 31 205

I also made a few improvements/fixes to KD's New Players Guide, particularly with regards to hero rank and farming exp.

2 Likes

I’ve updated KD's Player Icon previews with the April Fool’s Day and Survival of the Fittest icons. Thanks again to the Devs for providing them!
Icon227 Icon228 Icon229
Icon230

I’ve also added a small section to KD's How to beat each event (+videos) with the buff levels of SotF. This guide is still a work in progress but has a bunch of info like this…

Survival of the Fittest

Enemy buff level:
Level 1-30 = 0.55x - 1x
Level 30-200 = 1x - 1.75x (increases by 0.043x every 10 levels)

Every 10th battle is buffed by an extra 10%, making the agents harder:
E.g. Level 101 = 1.33x buff but level 100 = 1.46x buff

2 Likes

Excuse me I read your guide on potions but mine aren’t giving me a time bonus I have a +2 virinch-something I’ve ultra evolved it once the grass starter but it’s not getting a time bonus even in battle

They changed the system for potions so they will only give bonuses when +3, +6, +9

Monsters get a 5% seconds reduction for every +3 bonus, for a maximum of +9. Meanwhile, entrance speed is still increased as it’s always been.

Sorry about that. Bonus potions recently changed and I haven’t updated the guide yet. I will do very soon!

Alright thank you hey I’m new to the game do u
mind if u add u as a friend and you can assist me with on the khanate empire

Is showdown tower map still the same as this one ?KD's Showdown Tower map 2.0

Yup, the map should be exactly the same. However, the scaling on the normal battles / trainer battles may have been changed a bit. We’ll know everything for sure when the event comes out. I hope you all find the map useful!

Thanks mate

I hope we will reward 2 or more legend bonus

@LovelyPandaGuy I updated my Bonus Potions and Entrance Speed guide a few days back so it now has the correct move TU, slightly better information and layout.

I’ve also released an update on the tier list.

Showdown Tower is on right now and we have a map for it but things have changed so we need to make a new map. If you want to help me out / see it as it’s being built then check out this thread here.

1 Like

I’ve redone my Showdown Tower Map 2.0 so it will hold true for all future events. It seems that each time they bring it out they will shuffle the trainer teams within each floor as well as which way around the three doors are. This guide’s focus is now more about what teams the trainers have and helping people avoid the hardest trainers. Overall it’s less useful, but since the change to rewards there isn’t a huge need for this guide anyway. Hopefully writing it in this way will mean I can just leave it alone for a long time.

1 Like

This time going through Dungeon Challenge I decided to track the buff level of the monsters…

Floors Buff level Enemies
1 - 5 0.51x 0-4* first forms
6 - 10 0.57x 0-4* first forms
11 - 15 0.63x 2-5* first forms
16 - 20 0.69x 2-5* first forms
21 - 25 0.75x 2-6* first forms
26 - 30 0.81x 2-6* first forms
31 - 35 0.81x 4-6* 1st-2nd forms
36 - 40 0.81x 4-6* 1st-2nd forms
41 - 45 0.89x 4-6* 2nd-3rd forms
46 - 50 0.98x 4-6* 2nd-3rd forms
51 - 57 1.07x 4-6* 2nd-3rd forms
58 - 64 1.16x 4-6* 2nd-3rd forms
65 - 72 1.25x 5-6* 2nd-3rd forms
73 - 80 1.33x 5-6* mostly 3rd forms
81 - 90 1.42x 5-6* mostly 3rd forms
91 - 100 1.51x 5-7* almost all 3rd forms

We’ve always said the final 10 floors are insanely challenging compared to the rest of it and here’s just how tough they are. No torch, 1.51x buff level, 10 floors rather than 7 and on top of that the enemies go from being roughly 70% final forms to 80-90% final forms with mythics becoming common and having the same chance at final form (basically only second form mythics before and they’re rare). This is a HUGE leap from the previous sections of Dungeon Challenge.

Anyway, not here complaining about the difficulty of the event. I just wanted to share the data I got from tracking it.

1 Like