Does the need for stun immune monsters take away from the creativity and diversity of teams?

I agree, but there are many monsters that rely on setting themselves up with stun and timestrike. Do you think single stun skills should also be nerfed in the same fashion?

I agree that low TU stun immune monsters shouldn’t exist but alas they’re necessary to counter extremely powerful stun moves such as Novadrake’s stun wave.

2 Likes

Stun skills can be changed into evertale kind. Evt has link stun entry , solo tranquilizing entry sort of passives .

Evertale also has the concept of resistance. For example stun resistance lvl 3, this monster ignores 75% of stun directed towards it. I can’t remember if it was exactly like that but just as an example.

I see but we hav only 2 passives . Can’t fit them into neo then

They could maybe be implemented to the monster types to generate a “third passive” if you meet the condition. Perhaps that would only make things more complicated.

3 Likes

I agree, and would also implement something along the lines of passives on some Stun Immunity monsters:

That way, if both Stun effects and resistances are reduced, Stun will have a wider chance of landing although it will definitely not have the same chance to easily swing a match.
Let’s look at Raizen and he’s insane: if you land Stun Blitz+Stun Retribution, your match is 90% won.

3 Likes

Whoooops I didn’t read that lel

1 Like

I was thinking exactly that . They can extend the type concept tp give stun n poison resistances accordingly . A very neat idea tbh @Dev_VKC

3 Likes

Stun Pulse is 50tu to stun a target up to 200tu, so hell yes!

The problem is that the optimal way to play most of those monsters is not to use Timestrike at all, and just leave the stunned monster as dead weight instead. If you’re concerned about Timestrike monsters then we can always buff all Timestrikes to Novadrake’s level. That way, as the target won’t actually be stunned out of the game, you’ll actually want to use the move.

Plus you can always chain stun effects one after the other or target a monster with already highish tu.

My proposition is a massive change, and as a result many other things would need to be balanced around it.

1 Like

Tricranium stares from above

10 Likes

stun imune monster have low TU.why we not buff they counter like “fast strike” instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

Evertale got 250tu stun pulse that stuns for 200tu
Just saying

1 Like

What if Faststrike (also it’s Double version) was 100sec but had a time restriction from the start of battle? That way, it couldn’t be abused in FL but it would counter more effectively those low seconds sweepers.

1 Like

Faststrike is a sweeping move with virtually no restriction. 100tu is a tad low!

This has been my favourite thread to read for a while. Some really intelligent and well thought out questions and comments.

I kinda feel that’s what we need though to avoid the need to have 3 other stun immunes. Gotta be careful though because then we might find a meta with just no weakness monsters I guess.

Tbh that’s quite radical but I’m fairly on board with it.

I guess ultimately stun has gone from being an 80 TU inconvenience to being an outright game winner. (Fully aware that the Cyber, nova Cobra combo has contributed to this but there are other iterations too)

@Dev_VKC would love to get your thoughts on the original post and some of the comments in general

1 Like

I could see it working. To solve the current situation, massive changes would be needed anyway whether one or another solution was implemented.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, it’d be too easy to activate. Maybe 100sec from the first turn of the monster?

1 Like

Normal faststrike 130tu
Double faststrike 160tu?
Without any restriction

3 Likes

Did you just say that…

Then it would be terrible though. I think Faststrike is fine, it’s TUs in general that could use a complete overhaul. But that’s another subject entirely.

I’m going to say one last thing on the matter: for this to work Stunning Entrance (Champion and Tranquilizing too) would need to be something pathetic, like 20tu.

The point of this whole idea is to reduce our dependence from stun protection, and as long as any viable Super Epic and below have a better entrance than Gazer’s, I don’t see myself taking out Stun Absorbers and Stun Counters anytime soon.

That said, I know that 20tu sounds like nothing, but consider it on monsters with good active skills as “just another ability”, and the advantage does start to pile up!

1 Like