Disscution

This is entirely your opinion. I get that you don’t like PvE but I’ve told you before to stop steamrolling this opinion. PvP drives sales nicely and new monsters designed for PvP get the PvP crowd spending. However, there are a large number of players who are not even interested in PvP.

PvE monsters have their place. Also, old monsters are more typically used in PvE now because as things have developed in PvP the old monsters are less viable there. Hence, the old monsters still having a place in PvE actually goes to show things have been developed nicely and PvP has continued to be hit by meta-shifting stuff (which keeps it interesting).

5 Likes

I agree that Burnsalot and Tridrakhan probably should be buffed. Burnsalot doesn’t do anything unique and is categorically worse than too many other monsters. Tridrakhan has too low damage on the moves to really make a good impact and is quite useless in PvE.

As for Cryokaizer, that’s received a few buffs and works very nicely in link water teams now. Everyone seems to undervalue the damage it can deal.

As for Tiamazus, while it’s the weakest of the original auto-poisoners it does the job and the catapult is fitting for an earth monster (it’s not even link). While this monster isn’t anything special, it’s also not terrible… it’s just old and weaker like some of the others listed here.

As for Metatherion, it’s hard to make work but the sleep grenade is exceptionally powerful and if you can create a combo or set it up nicely (basically give it 2-3 turns in rapid succession) then it can win you the match. Metatherion is a tool with high power but needs to be built around heavily. I would personally like to see it buffed a little but it doesn’t desperately need it.

1 Like

Very pertinent evaluation.but I still look forward to these monsters will be buffed.because I can not use these monsters with pvp,pve now ~

1 second charge aside, it takes deo way too long to do any damage in comparison to so many other monsters out there. When he does get to attack, it’s almost always the only attack he gets to make. Not bad if something is always giving him turns but he sucks to use.

I rarely see Deo getting used but where he has been used it is to great effect. He comes in and within 30 seconds he can do a powerful blast on the opponent’s team. Bear in mind he has reasonable defence and stun immunity, that’s hard to stop. He can pave the way for turning the tide in a match, to a weaker degree than Magma.

An example of where I’ve seen Deo used well was in GaryOak’s team with Deo, TT and Deathgazer near the back. The Deathgazer helps the TT get a turn and Deo will be able to get two charges and blast reliably, with the give turn for bloodthirst afterwards.

I know people want Deo to do more but it could very easily become a problem monster with such high speed and stun immunity. The simple act of using it with a give turn is normally enough to make it work well.

The only recommendations I would give are:

• change gigablaze to stealthbane (his final form is heavily countered by stealth)
  • make the energy charge 70TU instead of 100TU

Neither of those would break him and I think people would like using him more. The energy blast being 250TU works fine because it allows the opponent to recover from losing monsters and can always be sorted with a give turn. I think making him a counter to stealth will make him far more versatile.

4 Likes

The auto poisoners really need something.

Their secret skills were a big buff. I see both the fire and holy ones getting used now in PvP. I remember also in early stages of the game I found them amazing for tearing through enemy teams, the passive is incredibly strong.

I thought about suggesting KB -> KBR for the lower TU but actually I reckon they’re fine. Their passives the secret skills carry them nicely, even if the moveset does have high TU. Not every monster has to be the equivalent of S tier monsters.

Rework Deo, staticsphere, wolfrozen and blazebones, etc into mortar monsters so other things can load it :muscle:

6 Likes

Omg would love to see deo as a mortar monster.

good idea

Deo used to be a cheatcode. I raise that point only to say that a pure damage buff as he is now makes him brutal OP.

If devs give him a damage increase he needs a speed decrease.

You all know how i feel about magma so i wont touch that one.

250tu------160tu and have a shield is enough.

Agreed; I remember when it’s SS had no limitations whatsoever, leading to one of the most degenerate frontlines in the game’s history.

1 Like

I think it’s totally wrong to look at the current pvp from a past perspective~

Well it’s good to remember how Deodragon can be broken with the wrong kind of buff. Personally I’m not sure about adding a shield to energy charge. Deodragon has reasonable defence as it is and since it gets a turn so quickly it will be hard to catch the monster before the shield has been applied. Considering it’s a “kill all enemy monsters + charge a stun immune bloodthirster” kind of move with the double charge I don’t think it should be made too awkward to stop. There are plenty of low speed monsters with high impact moves to use on the first turn but these rarely sweep the whole enemy team no questions asked.

I think the question is “how good do we want Deodragon to be?”. Looking at the past, he created degenerate teams people hated. He’s also a monster that does nothing except damage the enemy team with big hits (not much strategy). Somewhere in the mid-range is where I’d like him… which he is right now if you build around him a little.

1 Like

I had Deodragon when he was garbage.

I had him when he was buffed with the SS.

I had him when the SS was nerfed.

He’s fine as is. No changes needed. Mortar idea was just for fun

2 Likes

As Gary says. Also, my suggestions were similarly just for the sake of theory crafting (gigablaze -> stealthbane and energy charge 70TU).