Devs, you forgot Staticsphere!

This was the final battle of Okkult stage 3. There were two Floccus and in between a Bomboid. Utter cancer. The only way you could have made it even more “fun” was sticking in Staticsphere.

It’s no secret by now that I absolutely despise Floccu, every goddamn time I see him I get angry and my blood pressure rises. I can deal with facing one of them but facing multiple is just… Ugh! I also don’t mind the game being challenging but this is just the cheapest possible way to do it.

I would like to ask if anyone here enjoys fighting these kind of teams? PvP at least is already full of them and it’s getting old really really fast. Should have put Floccu in an egg and not the shop…

5 Likes

Well I fought a battle with bombdoid,meatdoid, Flocco, STATIC in case 1… it sucks to this ■■■■ everywhere

Yet again, this is the problem of guaranteed value. His entrance effect is completely unavoidable(and once again, I refuse to accept KBN as a “counter”), and not even stealth, the effect that’s meant to protect you from devastating multi target attacks, can help against this. It’s just guaranteed damage, and there’s an awful LOT of it.

Honestly there’d be no problem with this passive If it just did a small amount of damage. It’d be undeniably useful still, with the ability to knock down both shields and stealth in one fell swoop, finish off hg, or catch someone hanging just above hg. It’s perfectly okay for that sort of ability to be unavoidable, because it simply won’t always make a significant impact.

But the aggressive entrance we have now easily takes out a third, sometimes half of the enemy monsters’ health; a mere pull back, necromancy, etc. is all it’d take to put up to 4 enemy monsters in critical condition at best, rewarding flocco just for showing up to the damn party.

It’s not like flocco even needs this to be a threat; he has stun immunity, two double kill moves, both of which are remarkably easy to trigger, and the ability to abuse his passive all by himself. One hell of a package already, did he really need this much extra value handed to him for free?

If not a damage nerf like bomboid, then I think my decision would be to revert the stealth override. I know, you had good intentions to help static out, but you really should’ve considered how other monsters would be affected. By all means, buff static some other way(for example, I think he’d love to have his blood clone not cost more than twice as much as everyone else’s), but I really think stealth as a counter is what we need in order to make this more fair to fight. Sure, we have shields already, but those are a lot less accessible than stealth. Just a reasonably low maintenance way to protect at least a certain few monsters from the otherwise guaranteed loss of half of their health bar would make aggressive entrance a much more fair and tolerable threat.

2 Likes

Floccu is a very strong monster, but compared to the other bs we have to face in this game (Link Slayerbane All, Link Dual Give Turn, Awakened Mythics…) I don’t think he’s that big of a deal… alone.

Bomboid, just like Sherloid, Houdinoid and this new Payback Rockoid abomination should have never existed. That’s the real problem.

I don’t mean to say he’s the strongest monster ever. It just bugs me so much when there’s these kinds of moves that just reward the monster for existing. It undermines the skill aspect of the game. Also don’t take that to mean all flocco users are braindead, only implying that he can be used in a braindead manner and still reap rewards.

2 Likes

Nerf Flocco or Don’t let Al use him by asking Devs

Why Neft Floss, it’s ridiculous when you ask Neft to work for 6 consecutive months of playing. Agree that it is very strong but it also creates opportunities for weaker players to turn the tables

It takes 6 tickets to get him, assuming that said weaker players haven’t used up the 50% discount already… at best it’d take 3 months to get enough tickets(you’d have to reach 30000 rp), that’s plenty of time to get other top notch options going. The likelihood that flocco is the sole shining option a newbie has is just so low… and flocco still wouldn’t be bad at all with either of the changes proposed.

Stealth should honestly be able to prevent Aggro Entrance/Bomb revenge and whatnot…

A lot of players I know have to wait a long time to buy Floss. 9 months (3 months to buy 50% discount and 6 months to buy flos) even longer than that but just a simple sentence neft it away, it’s ridiculous. Many people don’t have the patience to play games that long

So you think it’s fun to fight those teams? You think that monsters like Floccu are healthy for the game?

1 Like

I like this idea very much, but then we’d have the same problem of unclear passive descriptions again. Back when Static was the problem, that’s what I did to counter him. Drakozord and Mojinator helped me loads. I still had to build a team to specifically counter Static, so that it was lacking in other areas. Now god forbid if I have any storm monsters, they are as good as dead. The damage seems to scale with Floccu’s attack stat, so that in UC it just wrecks everything. What is more, Floccu sets himself up very easily as it usually puts some monster in critical range so that he can just pluck them one by one with Finishing Snap. I think it’s the most oppressive monster to ever exist. Everything just screams instant value, meta and sweeping ability.

I think they used to be until Bomboid came out. Before you had ways to play around the entrance damage, so every use it to your advantage with overwatch. I mean let’s be honest, aggressive entrance alone doesn’t do mucn in a 1 shot meta such as ours unless you run Confident Strike.

There were ways to abuse it, obviously, but I feel like you had to work for those. Bomboid having AP makes it so your opponent HAS to go trigger both the entrance and the revenge, and that’s not fun.

I still think Bomboid is the real problem.

It does a little more than that. The meta is already full of dual strikers and lowering the HP of enemies makes it that much easier to dispose of monsters that do not meet the crit requirement (dual slayerbane for example).

Bomboid definitely blew this issue up quite literally. He definitely was the catalyst that sent the current meta to the cheap damage spam in PvP. It still doesn’t stop Devs from spamming multiple of these monsters in PvE fights, which makes fighting them extremely frustrating, as many of us don’t have access to monsters such as Astrogolem or Kaerukenshi. And as Lucrayzor said, I feel that it’s too hard to counter Floccu only with shields. It’s a good observation though, that the entrance triggers overwatch.

All I want is to have fun playing this game. And the addition of these types of passives and skills has decreased the level of enjoyment considerably as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

That’s what I meant with finding ways to abuse it, but you still had to get to those dual slayerbanes to actually get something off of aggressive entrance. And besides, camuflage counters those, so your proposition to make camuflage beat the entrance also doesn’t make much sense if that’s the problem.

Hell, personally I love that entrance mainly because it helps me get rid of that annoying little sh*t that is Sherloid.

Now if you want to tell me that double sweeping should be nerfed, Floccu’s being one of them, I’m all for that. I think the entrance, without Bomboid, is fine though.

Camouflage can be countered pretty effectively already with RAW moves and Sneak Attack so i don’t think that would be an issue. Also, Suikenshi. However I’m not sure either if reverting the stealth mechanic would be the right thing to do. It makes the skill descriptions more clear. However, there should be some other way to avoid the entrance damage than shields. It’s just so hard to maintain those when in PvP people are too smart and in PvE AI will just spam AoE with no regard for life.

The damage of aggressive entrance once isn’t too bad in normal conditions. The concept that can it happen multiple times as Floccu, Bomboid and Static can be combined, is. I think inherently the concept of explosive revenge on Static and Bomboid is better than aggressive entrance for Floccu. In Static’s and Bomboid’s case you get punished for killing them, that’s OK. In Floccu’s case, you get punished for killing the previous monster and then on top of that Floccu comes in with his amazing moveset, sets himself up and you get punished even more with Finishing Snap and Dual slayerbane. It becomes overwhelming with too much punishment for killing one monster.

Just make the damage non elemental, Flocco will only do like 1.5k-1.8k to every monster then, static won’t suffer at all, and best of all, no elements are massacred by the passives like storm and water

5 Likes

Bomboid has AP and Static has taunt though, so yeah you get punished only if you kill them, but you will kill them.

I think everyone is overreacting big time to monsters that seem really strong right now because of the current pvp rule. Nobody was really complaining this much before this rule, so let’s take it all with a grain of salt.

If there really really needs to be a change, the only thing I would recommend is letting payback killer target things with explosive revenges. That or the non-elemental damage thing.

The big time nerfs y’all are suggesting are wack lol

1 Like

Your Payback Killer suggestion was literally what I was about to write right now, lol

Other suggestions I’d make are:

• Aggressive Entrance hits only ONE enemy for massive instead of medium damage (ignoring protectors obviously);

• Aggressive Entrance can activate only after 100TU from the start of the battle;

• Explosive Revenge All only has a 60% chance to activate, similarly to Spookoid, something that @DonT89 suggested too;

Plus, the biggest problem I face as of now is not in PvP, but in PvE, especially in the current Okkult’s Invitation.
Devs, more like Dev(il)s

2 Likes