BOMBOID OP

NERF THE DAMN THING
Him and floc together just wipe the fl.
not to mention that both together deny the use of thunder or earth.
we had a problem with cani and fire. now this is just twice the trouble.
Pls dev. fix this.

3 Likes

Hey man. Run meatoid in the FL and it’s an easy way to recover and charge retribution. Plus no one runs robin anymore.

I think if people still feel this combo is too strong, Devs should consider removing the elemental damage from passive damage moves.

I think a damage nerf or removing the elemental damage would be good. As of now I don’t have a frontline that is vulnerable to bomb flocc so I don’t mind it anymore.
I think that’s how it’s supposed to work around here right?

Also not everybody has meatoid. And meatoid can simply be removed before bomb goes of. A damage nerf is much needed

3 Likes

Well of course it can be killed before bomb goes off, it’s up to you to make sure bomb dies first. Not everyone has bomboid either tho, there’s 1000 of each out there

knock back next?

1 Like

Sensible players run Flocco 6th. Often having another monster in the FL which will die to the bomb like a poison revenge 1*

Motorbike shark is very common in 5. Just nerf the Damage

Who do you suggest, Azrazel?

In my opinion it is not a problem. every version will have different popular Combs.developers will certainly adjust them in next version but not now.so don’t worry about this. we should pay more attention to the op mechanisms .about~(…)

I think it may be due for a nerf, and once again NOT because it’s overpowered, but because it’s unbalanced. It falls into the same old trap of being guaranteed value that the opponent can only prevent by very specific means. I really don’t think people should have to prepare this much for a 2-part strategy that features a ZERO star monster.

Speaking of which, if Bomboid’s going to stay the way it is then I feel its value should at least be acknowledged by increasing his star value, because he’s very much on par with houdinoid and sherloid imo

Best thing to do is removing elemental damage from it’s passive, as well as that of Floccula and Static. That way, they still get their value without being completely useless.

4 Likes

Static can kill everyone equal, in cool with that

1 Like

That’s what I‘ve been saying too mate. That way it’s not a huge nerf and there’s still a new archetype being born. Remove Elem damage is the way to go

Pretty much all of the special rocks share the same issue to varying degrees: way too much value relative to their cost. Strong low cost monsters aren’t a problem in and of themselves; Bulbie and yin/yang for example, while offering a significant amount of value, are acceptable because 7 cost is still quite a lot. But right now we’re talking about monsters with a cost of TWO. That’s the kind of amount that you spend dumping extra fodder in the back of your team because there’s no better way to use it; and these special rocks require that pittance in exchange for a potentially game winning strategy. Guaranteed damage is inherently a very powerful thing to have… so if you’re going to give it to a 2 cost monster, you’ve got to proceed with caution.

1 Like