Defensive mode...

I mean where do I start… This passive is a joke. The idea is nice but it just doesn’t work. Literally all new monsters have 1 shot skills and defensive mode isn’t even active when the monster’s HP is full. I think there could be 2 ways to improve it:
1: Make it so that the monster with defensive mode takes max 1/3 hp as damage from any attack (so it would take at least 3 hits to kill it).
2: Remove it entirely and replace with shield entrance (original idea from @Woodward).

If anyone has ever had the utopian experience (other than whale’s treasure) where defensive mode has contributed to the monster’s survival, please do share.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Never seen it in action. It’s just terrible

Totally agree get ride of that passive shield entrance is far better

The passive is designed for ai rather than players in buffed events.

Well defence mode doesn’t really help in that either. Everything one shots these days. And being that rexo sudden death hits itself 99% of the time it doesn’t matter

Gear doesn’t care about any defense mode

Endgame when you’re behind it prevents the opponent from AoEing you to death.

Used rexo for a while in pvp to some success with regalion.

Tbh it’s perfect for preventing enemy from bypassing protectors as well.

I’d like to keep it the way it is, if anything increase the amount of defense it adds, or increase the threshold to like 80%.

This feels like a case of people not entirely understanding how it works.

Emeraldeus having it makes no sense though.

I love how it flashes “Defensive Mode” in game when the monster gets one-shot

2 Likes

Not everyone has gear.
We have kept complaining this passive since it was released, and there is no change.

Let’s keep at it so devs will maybe notice. It may even be the worst passive in the game.

Yea emeraldous should have got shield enterance when he lost his shield skill. That would have made sense :sweat_smile:. It’s the most useless passive after… nothing. It’s that useless. Never got to use rexo but tbh I can’t see much use of it. Kami beats rexo in every way except ss

How about buffing the passive by adding the fact when it triggers you get a shield added as well as the defence buff?

2 Likes

I think what they need is a way to reliably proc defensive mode a shield is good but wont help if they simply get 1 shotted

Yeah, but I think the idea of defensive mode is to give them a bit more tanking capability and specifically NOT protecting them from one-shots. I like how defensive mode is unique in that way… it just needs to have a bit more impact when it gets to trigger.

What about adding another passive like hg except it stops at 50% instead of 1hp

All good ideas. The vibe is clear. It needs to change. I got Rexo as well and find this passive one of the biggest jokes out there. You can with much vision see something good in it but in reality it’s just not working.

I could only say what all others already said before me but the ultimate goal would be to change it so that it’s really something “defensive” and adds value. Because currently, it just doesn’t and in this state, it never will.