Canishogun - Still too strong?

So I’m not posting this calling for a nerf, rather a slight adjustment in regards to Flame Eater. It should still retain the power it has and Canishogun is not a huge problem for me so I am putting this out there as unbiased as possible, but I do feel Flame Eater’s TU reduction should be modified to give the TU reduction ONLY when used to kill a Fire monster, not in general. Cani already as his Enlist skill that makes 4 star mons as strong/stronger than legends, can instantly add 2 Goldoids that regenerate themselves, Retribution to hit after fellow mons are killed (i.e. Goldoids), Stun Converter to help him get extra turns, his Blood move, and his passive that basically gives him Excessive Force with any 4 star or below on your field.

I feel this combination makes Flame Eater a bit too strong being able to chew through HG and Shields when a 4 star is in your party and getting that massive TU reduction while being an easy way to charge the blood move. At a glance, this monster is fantastic, as it should be, but under further scrutiny, it can be dubbed one of the best monsters in the game for the sheer amount of Plus it gives just from being in your team. Combine everything with a stellar speed stat that already allows him to do his job well and you have, imo, one of the strongest top tier monsters in the game.

All that being said, I feel a fair adjustment would be to simply remove the TU reduction Flame Eater gives unless it’s used to kill a Fire type monster.

Please give your thoughts below.

5 Likes

nOooOOOooOOOoo plis don nerf my strat plis dont do it plis .

I didn’t even read cuz I don’t want a nerf

3 Likes

Now that’s the spirit!

It’s not a nerf lol read

2 Likes

I don’t understand why a monster that already is super strong was given the move flame eater…give him back a single counterstrike

1 Like

Nah… I don’t want cani to nerf Cuz I’ve made a good cani AoE team for next season:v

Bruh lol

Canishogun was given flame eater as a nerf, not a buff. It’s first version had double counterstrike so if your opponent ran fire in their frontline and you ran an epic or below (this was the time of sherloid being in every other frontline), you get two free kills and charged bloodthirst. Flame eater is a bit weaker since you can’t just get two free kills because your opponent chose the wrong element.

1 Like

Right, which is why I’m not asking ti have it nerfed further, keep the TU reduction, but only on killing Fire Mons

Ye that’s still a nerf because whenever I make my opponent’s frontline go :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: I can use flame eater on weakened monsters if I have the chance. Nerf the monsters that are actually op that win against my team not the monsters I’m currently using.

1 Like

Pfffft lol that’s kind of paltry reasoning my friend. How about this - remove the TU reduction from Flame Eater on non-Core mons, but reduce the moves overall TU to like 130/100 so you can still use it to pick off mons

Bargaining: I’m fine with Canishogun getting Double Counter Strike back as long as it’s speed drops to 20%. Then he can have Double Retribution or Double Bloodthirst if the Devs wish, just nerf him before I run into @NMEduck’s AoE spam team

Please

1 Like

Lol while I hear you on this, I dont think nerfing his speed is the right move as it contradicts the entire focus of what the monster does which is power up 4 stars to ruin other people’s FLs with AOE attacks. At 20 speed he would lose so much viability and power it would probably drop him to B tier at best. I dont want to ruin the monster, just modify him a bit.

1 Like

True dat

Though I wish there was a way to make 4★ and lower monsters viable without AoE spam… That would be so much interesting, unfortunately it’s nearly impossible

I can definitely agree. Outside of Canishogun, the only 4 stars I even consider are the ones that have GT and Stun Immunity for PvP or the Clone/Revenge Stun mons for PvE.

Better get cani out of the game.

1 Like

Hope this turns out interesting

1 Like

That’s why instead of giving flame eater it should have been nerfed with a single counterstrike as I said

Flame eater is still a nerf, it’s just not as severe as single counterstrike.