Can we have the 5th monster hiding mechanics implemented for good?

I found out about the special rule in pvp.

That’s kinda how this game should work by default.

Then reduce TU of KBN (Knock Back Next)

What?! No! It’s just pot luck what comes in. You make less informed decisions and it increases luck winning games. Stun will run riot.

15 Likes

I think it’s a bad idea bc it will make games more up to luck but I also think it would be funny to see it happen so

6 Likes

60% of the decisions are made based on the monster that enters either stun, poison, a roaring entrance ect, not being able to see stun monsters with others like chrome before would be very common so people would create immune teams and get lost a bit the diversity of the game

4 Likes

The game is already hard to keep track of, weighing the risk/reward of allowing an unknown new monster to enter would just make it worse

1 Like

PvP is a clown fiesta with that rule.
Might aswell just start flipping coins as a game.

2 Likes

How exactly that make games more lucky?

Is a question of logic, you have 4 monsters as your opponent does, you are not supposed to know what is coming next.

That’s my opinion. I find this rule very fair.

Basing moves on what comes next look to me a bit lame tbh.

1 Like

Lmao you blow my mind Don. It would work if there weren’t entrance passives, but they’re just too OP to be going in blind.

6 Likes

Because there is entrances need to go in the blind.

What kind of a thing if me knowing what is coming next? Makes 0 sense.

I have a feeling that you guys just like it easy.

But easy is not always fair.

Besides you need to think about how mechanics develop:

Monsters are held in cards, who crazy enough to show you next card in line? As I said makes just 0 sense.

1 Like

Let’s weigh the pros and cons of making this special rule permanent.

Pros: It makes more sense(?). It makes things less easy (lol) and less fair.

Cons: Games become more dependent on luck and less dependent on decision making. Monsters with guaranteed value and stunners will become stronger due to their unpredictability. This will most likely result in more stun immune spam and less creativity.

Feel free to add pros or cons to this post.

3 Likes

Basically you just repeated what is been said in earlier comment.

10!

So why exactly is it a good idea for the game to be more luck dependent and make decision making less important? It seems like all this will do is make things worse for the sake of things making more sense.

Also, this is not a card game. Last time I checked, cards usually do not have immediate effects as soon as you draw them; they make an impact on the game once you play them from your hand.

Monsters are held in cards :rofl: did you play story mode?

And anyway will not be luck dependant, you just need better team building.

That’s because the game clearly took some inspiration from Yu-gi-Oh. Still, just because something might be looking cool visually, it’s not necessarily a good idea to be added to highly tactical game.

Also you shouldn’t forget: in a card game a hidden card goes to your hand before you play it. You can choose to play it right away or later. In neo a Monster enters immediately and has immediate impact on the game. Making the upcoming monster invisible would reduce the impact tactic has on this game drastically

Would reduce the likehoods of controlling the game and increase likehoods of comebacks.

That’s great imo.

You can’t line up anymore to counter an eventual comeback, making the games more exciting.

I agree I actually like the rule

I did my 5 daily matches today… already hate the rule. It feels so different and horrible just hoping that you’re not going to get messed up by what you bring in. I can’t hold control properly and I can see my opponent getting frustrated by many of my monsters. People play slower too, so my matches took ages.

Two of the five were against AP spam. Horrible feeling just crossing my fingers that the next monster wasn’t an AP so I could kill the monster I wanted to kill.

One match I was just getting control of things nicely then suddenly a Kaerukenshi entered. The match took ages to finish off where I knew I’d won but they got to chain some stuff together thanks to my monsters not being able to kill them for a while.

One match the opponent disconnected as soon as my Penguinator hit the battlefield, clearly pissed off that they weren’t prepared for it.

I vote very strongly against this becoming a thing in the game. I hope the rest of the special rule period is more entertaining for me

14 Likes

Ppl keep getting caught off guard by my na’turgoul and padrinorca. I’m also running deathgazer in an uncommon position so that’s a bonus lol. @DonT89 tbh I think this rule just makes it easier for ppl with more OP mons and makes pvp in general more frustrating.

3 Likes