Idea for Special Pvp Rule

I think Special rules in Pvp are pretty cool so I thought about some rules that maybe work in the game, my best idea is: you cannot use monsters with more than 3 Stars, I think the little guys shouldn’t get some attention too, everyone’s talking about Legends and Mythics, why not play with the early game monsters again? No one is using them anymore so it would be cool seeing them again, also the players would have to think of completely new tactics to beat their enemys.

Because playing with mythics and legendaries is more fun.

If no kurao for a month because of that special rule then I wouldn’t even play the game at all.

I can relate xd. I would miss Terra.

Also because their movesets are very bland and heavily recycled. It wouldn’t truly fix the underdog problem at all; Thugfrog’s existence invalidates Nitrobird and Sparkgeist, Goldenhorn’s existence invalidates Rooknight and Nautispiral, Megalorex’s existence invalidates Shaofist and Flamogun, Voltiger/Anubiscat invalidate Skywolf, Jerbor, Bloomfish, and so many others, etc. Since cost is a nonexistent problem in this scenario, there’s no reason at all to use the 0-1 versions of existing monsters in favor of 2-3 unless you’re stacking(which is something that shouldn’t be encouraged anyway). The vast majority of their movesets are incredibly boring and/or too underdeveloped to viable. There would be only a select few strategies that would dominate the meta(probably one on one + survivor since no real counter exists other than purify spam), and it would get boring very rapidly. Your heart’s certainly in the right place, but this just isn’t it, sorry.

1 Like

I would never play this pvp. I’ve deleted most of my 0-3 stars

2 Likes

I will support a PvP with no piercing moves. Shiva deserves to shine. But posion will rule.

Why not have a sleep immune PvP or a poison immune PvP? We have had stun immune already so why not?

1 Like

Because it’s fairly new to have special pvps. They can’t be covered all already…

1 Like

The last Special PvP took a week longer to release than stated; I’m terrified that these new one will cause the game to crash.

I think it would be interesting to use the special rule of using only five-star monsters.

1 Like

There was a SOTF with a similar rule to the one you mentioned; I wouldn’t say no to it as I have a few interesting ideas.

It’s easy to make strong teams using only 5 star monsters. I don’t think it will be that exciting. But will happily do it.

This has happend in the past and it wasnt a good idea players with the limited time 5 stars ruled the pvp.

I remember sear-croc-serzeal were the dominant. And everyone called it the worst pvp ever because those that didnt have those 3 couldnt beat those who have them.

8 Monster PvP

3 Likes

Good points, it was just the first form of this idea and it doesn’t have to be added and I can understand everyone who’s against it. Wow it’s pretty hard to write this how I mean it with my bad English.

It’s really hard to make special rules that don’t break the game in some way. Once you start taking away bits like stun, poison, piercing then the things they’re built to counter can run rampant. Take the recent stun immune PvP that was only there for a week… personally I noticed that all the games swung one way very quickly. Once someone got going with their sweeping the other person found it very hard to break their momentum… because that’s what stun is often built to do. Instead you have to resort to things like dreamy entrance but that is much harder to come by on monsters.

The recent special rule PvP was built to do a similar thing to what is suggested here… give lower quality monsters a place to shine by limiting our use of legendaries and mythics. However, it basically resulted in people running lots of auto-protect monsters because these support the legendaries and mythics very well.

From what I can tell, some of the best restrictions we can have are to do with elements. Something like You can use no more than 2 different elements in your team is a restriction that is not going to break anything, but it’s tough for people with smaller collections so it’s not a restriction I think the Devs would want to do.

What you need to do with a special rule is find something that doesn’t favour particular groups of players too much and doesn’t take away too many fundamental things from the battles that things start breaking.

1 Like

Yet I always run no stun except for Nulltron at my end game. I don’t even have her in the team for stun. Oh hang on my tygron has stun revenge…

Is why I loved the no stun rule:) I

Special rule: the AI controls both your team and your opponents team. So you can only watch. Lol

No protectors or taunts. Period. Should make for some incredibly fast matches. Speed and chrono killers should rule.

3 Likes

I think this specification would be interesting, or it would be nice to have an event like this.