Bastia

Hello,

Let’s talk about her.

She is a monster with the only scope of healing the team but is she really usefull?

No matter what she does, she is slow, maybe her melons are blocking her speedness.
In PvP if you don’t need to heal anyone you are forced to heal(after 100s if not fully awaken) or random knockback à monster, basically you are playing with odds.

The sad story it seems that this monster was created only for her goddess mels BUT she has a thing no one has, no I’m not talnking about the biggest mels between the goddess, I’m talking about Serene Field.

@Dev_VKC Why Serene Field is a passive that benfit both the players?
It’s like the metampsychosis guy remove stun for both the players and clearly is not the case.

Serene field should be a passive giving an advantage and a reason to use this monster, and I remember here we are talking about a Mythic monster, that’s why imho she should only serene the enemy field.

1 Like

You’re supposed to build her around monsters with no Entrance passives. Serene Field would be ludicrously OP if it only affected the enemy team.

Plus, you already have the big advantage: knowing entrance passives are useless and therefore you won’t put Entrance Monsters into the team, while the enemy does not expect this and this can render ineffective his strategies.

Although I’m with you on Insulator Field: why can Stun Converter work along with Stun Counter, while it gets nullified with Insulator Field? I think either Stun Counter should be nerfed, or Insulator Field should allow friendly Stun Counters/Converters to activate.

3 Likes

Bastia is arguably the best monster in the game. It heavily counters a huge number of things and is incredibly hard to kill. Its healing and disruption (knockback) is weaker in the second form but it’s still got some.

If Serene Field only affected the opponent that would be nuts. The monster is already pretty broken. Right from release everyone I’ve heard talk about it (either using it or facing it in PvP) has said it seems too good. Tbh it’s Angelion 2.0 and the game is either going to become warped around it in the future or it will get nerfed.

5 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

That passive is balanced.If it benefits the owner it could have a massive impact in the PvP.
Goddess’s blessings is kinda broken to me.NoTU restriction seems unfair even tho its a mythic.

1 Like

Let me be clear I’m generally talking about second form and his passive. The fully evolved one it’s a good monster even without passive.

Hard to kill? Talk to excessive force monsters, ignoring her big defence is really fun!
Never saw her in PvP only againt (obviously) Don in fully evolved form.

It’s healing 1 time or after 100 seconds in second form and knockback is random, so 1/4 odd to knock the monster you want and really is the only thing you can do!
‘‘Tbh it’s Angelion 2.0 and the game is either going to become warped around it in the future or it will get nerfed.’’
Are you serious?
Angelion is a monster that kills at least 2 monster reviving 1, she can maybe save your monster if right conditions happens OR someone is kind enough to let you skip in PvP (never happens).

I repeat we are talking about mythic monsters I don’t know how many got the insulator field one or this one, and how many (apart from DON) have it fully evolved?

So if you own Athereon it’s ok that its Passive block all kind of Stun ONLY for the owner but if you own her hell No, it’s your problem!

Well I have no problem to change Seren Field in a way that benefit ONLY the owner and if you think that is too strong then nerf it in some way.

But my point is I don’t understand why her passive has to give a favor to the ones that didn’t hatch the monster.

Knockback random hits the target you want, but puts it to a random position in the enemy team. It’s the best knockback move because it has lower TU and disrupts the enemy team plus can be used on things like Bronzeshells too. In final form Bastia even has this at 130TU!

I compared it to Angelion because that’s a monster which is well known for shutting down multiple archetypes and it was a meta changer in many ways, paving the way for PvP becoming a lot more about countering stun heavily and removing said counters. Bastia similarly shuts down entrances which are a HUGE part of PvP and is a huge issue to remove considering it has no weaknesses, the highest defence + HP in the game, HG and ways to heal + purify itself.

I don’t want to start naming those who have it but there is a small handful who have it awakened and quite a few others with it in second form that are using it successfully (from what I hear).

Aethereon works for the whole field too??? It’s easy to build around either Aethereon or Bastia in a way that it barely affects you while potentially shutting down a lot of what the opponent wants to do. We’ve seen the same thing with auto-poison all, just use monsters that don’t have hold ground or shields and then it basically makes your whole team sleep immune. There you’re able to turn what looks like a disadvantage into an advantage!

The main point I was making is this monster is already probably the best monster in the game and is incredible even in second form so any kind of buff would be ridiculous. The one-sided effect you’re asking for would be totally broken. Build around Bastia properly and you’ll see how strong it already is.

3 Likes

Aethereon works for the whole field too??? It’s easy to build around either Aethereon or Bastia in a way that it barely affects you while potentially shutting down a lot of what the opponent wants to do. We’ve seen the same thing with auto-poison all, just use monsters that don’t have hold ground or shields and then it basically makes your whole team sleep immune. There you’re able to turn what looks like a disadvantage into an advantage!

Aethreon doesn’t work for all the field, only works for the team that own it. I don’t agree with this, when you have Bastia all the entrance monster can’t be used and this is a big disadvantage for the user too because is limiting the monster u can use.

She is only blocking entrance passive, you can still get poisoned, sleeped stunned, by normal moves and revenges.

You talked about Stun, it’s rare to see meta with stun now that converter/counters/absorber are all over the places.

The main point I was making is this monster is already probably the best monster in the game and is incredible even in second form so any kind of buff would be ridiculous. The one-sided effect you’re asking for would be totally broken. Build around Bastia properly and you’ll see how strong it already is.

I’m not talking about buffing, I’m talking to change the passive to make it for the owner as it happens with Athereon and nerf it in some way, like give her a 20/40/60 percentage for blocking passive entrance according to evolved form.

Anyway I’m not pretending anything I’m just discussing about it.

Ik met another guy who has it awakened

Aethreon makes everyone in the field stun immune. If any enemy kills any of ur mons that has stun revenge it won’t stun them or your stun from the entrance.Also I heard Now it’s possible that when Aethreon is on the field ur converter/counter gets turn (not sure haven’t seen it just heard)

Still that’s a buff.
I myself own a 2nd form Bastia and I think it needs a nerf

1 Like

This is just stupid, bastia is probably the best monster in the game for now.
The second form may not be as good but it is to be expected I mean what do you expect it is not an awakened mythic.
And that suggestion of yours to make serene field affecting only your opponents is absurd, that would be the most broken thing imaginable.

4 Likes

This is exactly my point… Angelion was basically the reason why stun got pushed out to be less common and it shifted the whole idea of stun to using things like chrono killer to remove stun protection first. Not only that, Angelion also counters poison and sleep while offering damage potential and on a tanky body (talking about Angelion on release). It was made as a monster set to counter the core archetypes, especially stun, and it did it so effectively that it was known as the strongest monster in the game for a very long time. Bastia is doing this now too, countering a large percentage of monsters that people use and it even works as stun protection for the most part because most of the stun you encounter is from entrance passives.

Also, Aethereon is the whole field.

1 Like

Ok omnipotent being!

Nope, that’s not true

Nope, wrong again

Honestly @Taigart it might already help if you take a closer look at the moveset of the monsters your talking about. A discussion like this leads us nowhere because your request is based on false assumptions

4 Likes

I’ll provide the sources for @ItsSherlock:

ALL monsters are immune

Emphasis on CHOSEN monster: the only thing random is the placement the monster is sent to.

1 Like

Yes I apologize when I read knockback random I tought that random was referring to a monster not to the monster position.

And Aethereon well, in a PvP match my stunning entrance did nothing but the one of the other player worked, a bug maybe? So I was 100% sur it wasn’t for all the monsters.

If knew I wouldn’t.

@Dev_VKC just to apologize.

Bastia needs to be nerfed. Thread incoming.

2 Likes

I’ll just say one of the hardest matches I’ve played, and it may have been against @DonT89 forgive me if I’m wrong, but the FL had awakened Metatherion and Bastia, and it was a nightmare lol I couldnt do much of anything. Bastia is definitely a very very strong mon in needs of being looked at.

Yes she is s+ tier in pvp and pve

So how will you go about the nerf? As much as I disagree with a nerf, changing her stats to Standard Defense should be fine enough.

Maybe just nerf her Defense? Her passive is extremely powerful but also very unique so I dont see how the passive could be changed without severely damaging the monster