Let’s talk about the Bastia nerf

Share your opinions. Show all your :salt: and :sob:. Maybe the devs will read what’s in here and reverse course if enough people complain, who knows :man_shrugging:t5:? Or maybe we will agree the nerf was warranted. I don’t really care either way because she was never a problem to deal with in the first place.

3 Likes

I have this same opinion. I don’t spam/use entrance mons, so I never noticed her as particularly strong. But I know a lot of people did, so I get why she’s highly thought of. And full disclosure, I don’t have Bastia.

I will say, based solely on what people thought they were getting when they spent and rolled for her at release vs what they have now… it’s not close. I’m not saying to buff her back up (I think she’s still a fine piece to any team), but it does seem unfair to those people in terms of expectations and the current reality.

Mythics cost too much to change this drastically from release. I think those who owned/awakened her should get something for this change. Just my 4 cents

9 Likes

And… my condolences to those who woke her up, it really has nothing to do with when she came out…

Until yesterday, I would have thrown a lot of gems for her, now she’s totally out of my priority.

4 Likes

Devs will give them a Mistletorment, 4 gems, and a Sageroom.

1 Like

“oh no! the strongest mythic got nerfed!”

3 Likes

There’s a difference between getting nerfed (what Maeve received) and getting completely run into the ground to almost being unusable.

4 Likes

Devs need to quit trying to find solutions for problems that don’t exist.

Yup, earth, high defense, hg, knockback with healing and shielding all teammates was really balanced

1 Like

Bastia users can still run it in the midgame lol it’s not that hard. They’ll just need a bit of teambuilding skills to make it work. Remember, they still have the one use blessing mortar to steal back control

1 Like

Imho what they shouldn’t have done is giving her Random Knockback. Why introduce more pointless RNG? If Knockback Random was problematic, they could’ve changed it into the regular 250sec Knockback :thinking: this game doesn’t really need any more RNG

1 Like

Without encouragement to generate a discussion, making an analysis of what you said:
Earth, an element like fire, there would be no problem.
High defense, normal in a mythic (the same thing would happen if it had a lot of damage).
hg, knockback with healing and shielding: Just support the team… like Gmagic said, if you don’t have spam/use entrance mons on your team, it’s not going to feel really powerful.

2 Likes

I awakened Bastia with a banner four months ago.
So, I will write my impressions after actually using it.

As Gmagic said, it’s useful when the opponent has entrance mons, but otherwise it doesn’t work very well. (It’s not that it doesn’t work at all, but other awakened Mythics are more active. Also, it’s important to note that Kanna’s Secret Seal’s effect only affects your opponent, but Bastia also includes us.)

At the very least, users who were considering awakening Bastia should reconsider.

4 Likes

Might as well have made it random knockback random instead since at least you ruin the order of the enemy team more.

1 Like

@Dev_VKC Thanks for trashing a mythic like Bastia, please in the next update remove Aethereon’s Hold Ground, change Cyntia’s sleep immunity to Insomnia, and so on, trash every mythic in the game

2 Likes

To me, they should totally bail. And to go a step further, if something looks incredibly good on release, wait it out because winter is coming

1 Like

This has happened with legends too. Scorp and Orca were even better than they are now upon release. There was a thread made about Bastia after it’s first nerf when they warned us in an egg banner the nerf was incoming that had a bunch of irate people.

2 Likes

Reposting my thoughts from the other thread in hopes Dev eyes see this:

The Bastia nerfs are unnecessarily brutal. One of those changes would have been ok, but both at once?

Hold Ground → Shield Entrance is a big one bc she’s usually used in the FL. I get devs may want her to be used elsewhere, but this is a big sadface for me. She won’t be able to get her heals off as effectively and her survivability is lessened substantially.

Knockback Random → Random Knockback is BRUTAL! In pvp you don’t just knockback random enemies. This is a worthless skill and removes one of Bastia’s big selling points.

Bastia’s nerfs are extremely impactful to many Bastia users’ strategy and will severely limit her use in pvp.

I generally agree and accept most changes devs decide on even if I use the monster. And to be fair, Bastia needed to be toned down. But these two huge nerfs went too far at once.

5 Likes

One of the problems with this nerf is that people who paid for it (myself included) now have a sub-par mythic who they wouldn’t have spent for in the first place.

As @GMagic said - now I will seriously hesitate on spending in case of bait & switches like this.

4 Likes

To be fair, you got it more than 2 years ago when it was released and got to enjoy it for a long time. The people like @SHIKAOTOKO who just got it should feel more bait and switched.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly, random KB is a ridiculous move and doesn’t suit her at all, not only does it push the target back to the end where she has nearly no hope of canceling the entrance again, she doesn’t even get to choose her target now. I get how tanky she was and totally obnoxious, but she’s a shell of what she was imo, all she can do is heal, and shield once other than just sit there now. Maybe I’m overestimating the nerfs to her, but while she was obnoxious, I didn’t run many entrances so I didn’t have a major problem