Why is it taboo to "necro" an old thread?

Serious question: why is it against the rules to reply to an old thread? Does it take up more room on the servers to reply to an old thread? I’m seriously completely clueless about these matters, but it seems to me fewer threads would use less bandwidth and be more efficient. Plus it seems more efficient to ask for clarification on an existing thread than start a new one on the exact topic.

What’s up, mods? @NMEGaryOak @Lucrayzor @Zardecil

It’s common courtesy, not just here, but on forums in general. The idea is to keep newer, more relevant content at the top of the page

I mean does anyone out there still want to argue about Ankoudragon?

Interesting. So it’s just internet manners? Well I shall gently curtsey and thank thee kind sir for thine prompt response. Now I bid thee to excuse me as I must use the outhouse and then retire to my bedchamber wherein I sleep in separate wings from my wife as I wouldn’t want the house servants to think any uncouth thoughts!

And yes! I love my Ankoudragon. He’s so awesome as he dies like immediately lol.

1 Like

I certainly didn’t write that rule, in fact I broke it a couple times when I first showed up haha. It does kinda make sense though, just trying to keep the clutter to a minimum.

It’s basically a standard forum rule wherever you go, a lot of the time old threads are no longer relevant or correct and bumping them constitutes as a form of spamming, hence why we lock necros

Also it annoys me that you pinged Gary as a mod.
He’s not. He just really REALLY wants to be apparently

1 Like

Haha! Sorry, @Buckingham I didn’t know he isn’t a model.

Thanks for answering my question, tho!

If they have a little shield next to their name then they are a mod. Easy way to tell.

Then why @NMEGaryOak not have

Oh! He is not a real mod.

He is a model. He isn’t a mod

6 Likes

Mod is a state of mind

2 Likes

Back when I was moderating for robocraft impersonating a mod was a bannable offence.

It’s not as strict here, but it’s still a state of mind I can’t quite get rid of

Well, I think impersonating would mean you’re disguising yourself to look like a preexisting moderator. Gary’s just pretending he has the privilege himself, which isn’t quite as harmful imo.

1 Like

Off topic. I’m locking this :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Are you sure he isn’t a moderator? I saw he gave TNB alex a warning

1 Like

just make him legit moderator already
guy seems really want to be one

1 Like

He doesn’t have the conduct to be one. “Wanting to be one” isn’t good enough for the privilege.

I understand that just making anyone a mod isn’t a good idea, but let’s not get up on our high horses like that Guardecil. It doesn’t look good to new players to have a “I’m high and mighty and privileged” attitude and that comment sounds a lot like that.

1 Like

That’s the good thing at being top 27

1 Like