Locked threads

Do the mods have the power to delete / edit posts and give warnings rather than just locking entire threads.

If there is an ‘interesting’ discussion going on ( rather subjective I admit), surely an edit and a warning is better than just locking it down.

We also know some things have been talked to death but frankly new comers will always make their own topic and not search. If there aren’t multiple topics about the same thing within a few forum pages I dont think it’s necessary to say search for it yourself, especially if people actually respond.

I opined for more moderators but it’s gone from practically nothing to the jail house.

I’m
Only locking threads if abusive insulting is happening that hold no real content
If you feel like you want a thread unlocked just tell me
Most posts are left alone but when people start insulting each other I have to draw The line
All I read today was people complaing holding no reason behind the complaints nothing constructive

Just as lochi said, i think the problem isnt the thread or the topic itself, it recently became a problem that there are 3 to 4 guys who just post to complain, insult or being negative for no reason. Everytime they appear in a thread, its going the same way and in the end, nobody talks about the topic anymore and the mods cant do anything else than locking it

I will reopen the threads and I hope the abusive behaviour stops if it continues I will be left with no choice but to lock and warn members that continue to insult others

they’re just doing their jobs,there’s nothing to be mad about that

I wasn’t being mad or trying to attack the mods or anything.

I also didn’t imply every locked thread was locked prematurely.

Just looking past the insults I felt in one or two places there was some interesting discussion going on.

If people were less about being right and more about having a discussion or learning something new, then we wouldn’t even need mods.

Can’t say I’m surprised you sleep by yourself tbh

(quote reference hidden)

Red herring.

This exactly.

When you disagree with someone’s opinion about something regarding this game, feel free to disagree and explain why. This whole ad hominem debate tactic doesn’t help anyone or anything.

Also @Zards red herring comment, somebody else took debate in HS :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

If people weren’t wrong then we wouldn’t need mods either.

The fortunate thing is that we are not all one massive agreeing hivemind. If we were then what would be the point of a forum?

Unfortunately people here don’t seem overly bright

(quote reference hidden)

Irrelevant to the current conversation.

Can’t say I’m surprised you sleep by yourself tbh
People actually liked that comment so clearly others agree with me but just don’t say

(quote reference hidden)

Haha you misunderstood that completely I’m happily married with a kid on the way. I meant nobody else on the forum would read it :slight_smile:

Is this some of your quality “banter”? Looks like yet another straight up personal attack to me. Please mods, stop giving this kid chance after chance and just ban him.

That’s alright. From my side he can attack me all he wants. Still hoping he might find some decency to apologise for his rude behaviour.

• also a note just because 3 out of 500 people agree with you doesn’t mean you are right brookster. Is it really that hard to remain decent and give constructive criticism?

Mods won’t give you a warning for disagreeing with them but they will if you compare them to nazis in WW 2.

You could also state it in the following way:
"
I think recently the mods have been closing threads and deleting posts left and right and although I understand that they need to stop the forum from being flooded with bad language and spam,
Sometimes discussions between people just get a bit heated.

Instead of directly close bombing a thread it might be nice to just post some kind of warning to watch the language and edit some things out. That way I don’t have to keep opening threads about the same subject I feel very strongly about."

Staring it like that gets your point across and the mods will actually listen to what you have to say. Pretty sure you intend to say something along that line? Correct me if I’m wrong but do so with the same decency I just showed you.

People will only treat you with respect if you do it vice versa as well… Two way street. And I’ve just given you that respect even tho your lasts few posts directed at me were completely filled with insults directed at me personally. Now reply in the same manner and let’s have a healthy discussion on the matter.

If you are patient enough, he will go away. :smiley:

Guys, don’t feed the troll. Remember what I said a while back that responding only validates the argument and gives the insulting party a sense of purpose. Best thing to do is just to report these comments.

For full transparency, Brookster is just off a 24 hour ban which we hoped would give them time to chill and evaluate what’s important in life and value how their behaviour impacts the forum. Unfortunately, not the case.

I’m sorry for making this now ( I pm’d after to explain why)

I never intended to fuel the flames.

Don’t be sorry Ancrath, you started the thread out of good and it spawned discussion relevant to the topic. However, as is usual with a select group of members, the thread descended into insults. I have hidden all comments not appropriate for the thread as I do not want to lock this.