Why does Maggatsuoh have SOLO??

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

Maggatsuoh has been long awaited, ever since we got the final chapter of the post-story. The monster has lots to offer with two immunities, 130TU double sweeping (only needs one target poisoned), the best killer move in venom form and the potential to get some super nasty combos going with toxic shock bomb blight bomb.

Don’t get me wrong, I love it! I also don’t mind the SOLO mechanic. However, on Maggatsuoh it makes no sense because if he uses Toxic Conversion then it creates a Shadow monster in your team which means SOLO Bloodcrave is no longer possible to use! Toxic conversion is also the best way to charge Bloodcrave because it’s so quick.

Can you please either:

• change the element of Maggatoid
  • make it normal Bloodcrave
  • make it another type of bloodcrave… raw or link
  • give a bigger payoff for having SOLO… bloodbite or bloodfury

I don’t have the monster and am not rolling for it because I don’t want to risk getting Pumpking. I’m writing this purely because I can’t see why Magga should get a move that it stops itself from using as soon as it tries to use its skills properly. If 30TU to charge a blood move was deemed too powerful then by all means keep it SOLO but make it 80TU bite or 100TU bite/fury.

1 Like

Not to be a downer but the monster has been out for 1 day and already ask for a change. (Similar thing you said to others.) maybe we should wait and see as using monsters theoretically isn’t a precise thing to do.

3 Likes

Because poison monsters are shadow type.

This way he deals damage with support in a different way than without.

My first thought when i saw solo is that Bane and terror are the best poisoners out there and dark.

Im still not rolling this festival. Better things coming.

Oh yeah totally, we don’t know how strong the monster is yet. However, what I’m pointing out here is a part of the design that doesn’t seem to fit. I’m not asking for a nerf/buff so much.

Originally that move was poison siphon. It was never meant to be an integral part of the moveset so no biggie about the change.

By the looks of things they simply wanted both the new monsters in this egg to have SOLO in their moveset, maybe this is why the move was changed? For Pumpking it makes sense because it means the monster works in link fire poison strategies or water detox strategies. There it simply gives a bonus for using it outside of shadow poison strategies. However, for Maggatsuoh you’re creating a shadow monster in your team so even if you’re trying to use it in fire poison or water detox you then can’t use toxic conversion if you want to use the blood move and if you ever want to play with a shadow team then it’s down one move.

I’m not saying the monster is weak, I just don’t think SOLO fits Magga’s design.

I strongly disagree.

Only thing which is bad for maggot is its low speed other than that it’s pretty strong legend.
I’m really surprised by this thread to be honest,

It’s way too early to ask for any change.
I think solo being given to maggot because of Shadow monsters which can be combined with it, to stop that from happening , solo was given to it,

Fury or lust is no, no. Coz it doesn’t loses any health ,
Plus it is stun immune, so a mere 30 sec move which summons a token monster should have some restriction don’t you think ??
So if you did toxic conversation then yea you need to get rid of your token immediately for it to start it’s sweeping.
Pretty thoughtful I’ll say…

It’s venom chrono is bugged though

Don’t work the same as tago won’t kill hg chrono

Hmm this is a very surprising thread about a monster that has only been released less than 12 hours. I think this thread should be locked.

3 Likes

Note that what maggat summons has half speed only.

Lemme put this into perspective,

Whoever agrees to kd thread,
A shadow Element legend will always summon a minion of his own element, that’s the staple of this whole game.
It’s mind boggling you guys can ask to change its minions element.
I CBA with this threads stupidness anymore.

Change tia back to holy type

Only I suggested changing the element of Maggatoid and it was one of a few suggestions (probably my least favourite because I agree it would be dumb).

Sorry for winding you up with this thread, that wasn’t the intention at all. I simply wanted to point out how this change to Maggatsuoh doesn’t seem very suitable and it would make more sense to be something else, regardless of Magga’s strength. I feel like it might have been a slight oversight by the Devs as they wanted to push SOLO as an archetype and fitted it onto this monster in a bad way.

You might be completely right that a 30TU move spawning Maggatoid and also charging the blood move could be too strong. However, I feel like because Maggatsuoh is 30% speed and the Maggatoid comes at half speed so doesn’t get a turn for 78s it’s unlikely to be game breaking.

Anyway I’ll close this thread because people seem to be getting worked up by it.

1 Like