What is the worst mythic and how do we buff them?

When we discussed the issue of Leira we raised
1-The entry wave of Leira in ultra would be taken to 50 Seconds of push
2-Immovable Moogong
3-Reduce TU of Leira Despierta
4-Siren’s Hex with dual use with the Moogong restriction
5-Substitute Elemental Massacre for some ability (which yes or yes should be called Siren’s Song hahaha sorry I love that name) that does critical damage if there is a water type monster in the allied field the damage will increase the more water type there is in the field friendly field (in this way the ability to put Nereids would be used more) or that instead siren’s song was a field control ability

In the end none of this happened and they just gave him a nerf

It’s @ToNdEuSEnCaRtOn era anything he touches is getting a nerf (sad kuraokami noises).

4 Likes

would work if Siren’s Hex didn’t have a time restriction, you would have to have a specific, very specific formation for that stealth play to work

All this complaining about a monster that enables all kinds of fun shenanigans, and Mechydra gets left accelerate stinging itself in a corner.

Sad.

5 Likes

Squinty beat me to it, but yeah seriously just use some sleep immune / insomnia / camouflage / stealth a bit behind Leira and it can be a one-sided sleep bomb. If it’s not going to line up like that, you kill the Moogong.

So basically you can still have the same effect as before (they can’t remove the Moogong) if you build around it a bit more. Also, repulse still adds time onto the dead weight since it will reset the timer for sleep bomb.

It’s definitely a nerf, but not a huge one. It basically makes the Moogong fairer.

Fair enough, after all you had to meet a Time limit for the ability to activate and the Moogong has to protect companions. Creating a line like the one you say is practically ruining your strategy to make sure the dead weight you put on doesn’t turn the match against you. Before Moogong was a dead weight, now it is an advantage for the enemy. Leira needs a buff and more now with what they did to the Moogong

How is that not a huge nerf? Lmfao

Can we talk about Persephia? She’s not a bad character but she has a big flaw and that is that she doesn’t resist any enemy attack, that’s why I came up with it. Don’t you think that his passive ability should be buffed and for each kill he goes up to 100% attack and 50% defense? So in the event that she manages to kill 4 enemies, she would have 400% attack and 200% defense, it is a considerable buff since she would always remain with half the defense, also this would allow her to stop being easy to kill

Huh? This is completely nuts. Wasn’t she also buffed a little a while ago? And as I said we should not have double stats buffs on any mythics - either atk or defense

2 Likes

There are already characters that increase both their attack and defense. Harleking, Hu Shin, Lime, Coretta, among others. I was also calculating and she, killing 8 monsters, has 400% defense. Killing 8 is certainly difficult. Harleking increases his Attack and Defense by 400% when a Brozeshell is on the field. Hu Shin increases his attack and defense by 300% when there is no more mythical in your field. Persephia has to kill quite a bit to be able to increase her defense to 400%. You wouldn’t be breaking Persephia, you would just be preventing her from being easy to kill since she relies on gaining kills as fast as she can to cast her Power Slash on everyone. This always turns out to be impossible because he even dies before playing. If Persephia manages to make two kills at the moment she will be murdered. Her game is difficult to enjoy, that buff is necessary

Alright, so are you suggesting that every mythic needs to have passives/skills that make sure it won’t die before its first turn? Also giving her defense boost after a kill doesn’t help her surviving before her 1st turn, it only makes her harder and harder to kill when she starts sweeping more.

1 Like

Precisely she is a monster that requires her teammates to be killed and not her in order to have constant rocks to sacrifice to. Also it wouldn’t gain 400% defense at a time like other monsters do. She would have to kill and kill to get her defense up. Persephia is a forgotten monster. You refuse to give a necessary buff to a monster that everyone ignores, there are already stupidly hard-to-kill characters like Carmilla that are on every player’s team. But you love to contradict me in every comment I make

1 Like

No, I just don’t find it reasonable to think that every mythic now has to have some kind of defense or attack boost. They are way more weak mythics that noone really uses that need changes rather that Persephia who is a decent sweeper - just needs a standard support of a protector or turn granting monsters.

I’m fully with Coltraz here, this would be ridiculous. It’s very easy to get lots of kills with Persephia because of slash all. When she has kills is the time you desperately need to kill her, so it would be insane that she’s really tanky at this point.

If anything, she should start with +100% (or 200%?) defence and it reduces by -50% with every kill so she becomes a glass cannon after 3-4 kills but starts tanky. However, I DO NOT think we should do this because she’s already got good defence and sets herself up on the first turn so making her tank to begin with will make her too reliable getting to that dangerous slash all stage.

She’s a good mythic and survives fine. She even protects your team a bunch with rockoids (although depends on the situation whether this is useful).

4 Likes

Sure feels good to see someone stand for xyz lol

Persephia’s Defense is a normal 5k defense. It’s not low but it’s not high either. Rockoids give you a killer weakness if you don’t cast them right away and Persephia dies easily with a protector kill ability. That’s why I suggested that the soul carrier also increase his defense. 50% may be very high but what if it increased 25% for each death? (this way only doing 8 kills would gain 200% defense)

5.6k defence. That’s totally fine. It doesn’t have protector killer weakness??

At +150% defence it reaches the defence cap. With just +25% defence it’s like a full defence monster. So even with your reduced ask to +25% defence per kill it needs literally one (which it can get on the first turn at 57% speed - not too bad at all) then it acts like a full defence monster. 59TU later it can get another kill and then its starting to get stupidly tanky. If you think it would have a problem getting kills I assure you it shouldn’t… it literally has rebirth for guaranteed kills from the 2nd turn onwards.

Persephia has received multiple very strong buffs. It really doesn’t need more. Getting a defence buff as it builds god-like sweeping is probably super unbalanced. It’ll make it a must-kill threat almost as soon as it hits the battlefield unless you have true hit on a monster that isn’t going to die to Persephia’s first throw next.

4 Likes

I think protector killer refers to true hit skill.

I can’t believe I still see suggestions in this thread that aren’t Mechydra

3 Likes

Vixenblade Pierces and gains 100% defense and attack when playing without other beast types and some of its abilities have less TU than Persephia’s and has a Hold Ground. To reach that defense % Persephia would need to do a 4 kill, so she wouldn’t be that unbalanced if you compare her to Vixenblade and other Mythics. I still believe that she should get even a small buff on defense for every kill she makes. Since they do not think the same, there is nothing to do