Welcome New Developer: Dev-BRD!

Hey fams! How’s going?

I am excited to announce that we have got another Dev in our team.

Dev-BRD is an excellent programmer, he has already fixed “Poison doesn’t tick” issue, Unmovable ai issue, and various other issues.

So from next update if a monster is poisoned, it will at least receive 1 damage every turn.

Please be nice and gentle to him, and don’t spam his private message.

I will still be on the forum regularly B)

2 Likes

Good to have you with us!
I’m gonna guess there will be about 3 messages regarding the roaring entrance bug after this one

What’s up Dev-BRD?

My name is GaryOak. I am a moderator in training.

Z19 GaryOak

Hey guys, nice to meet you all.

As a dev, my main role is the development of new things (monster skill etc.), and I am also spending my time fixing as many bugs as possible without breaking the entire game in the process.

I will mainly be on the forums to talk to people about bugs that they have found, because I feel that I can get more information about things by interacting directly with the players who are experiencing these issues.

As VKC has said, I have already fixed some issues that have been around for longer than I have been here, but I plan to fix as many as possible before we update again.

I am in fact currently working on a big issue that has been around for a while, which is where some monsters, specifically monsters that have stats over 100%, that are asleep will for a reason still unknown to me, still get a turn and attack.

As such, my first ask of everyone here will be to send me detailed explanations of any bug that occurs to them!

Unfortunately fixing bugs is almost impossible without a concrete way to recreate it. So specifically if something does occur, I would want to know everything possible, such as:

-Event it occurred in

-Enemy line-up

-Player line-up

-Skills used leading up to the bug

-What color socks you were wearing at the time of playing.

Realistically anything can effect this in some way that I haven’t even considered (Except for maybe the sock thing).

Let’s work together to squish these bugs and make the game more fun for all of us!

As for going forward, as the main developer, I have been re-iterating as much as possible the importance of more testing. As you can probably guess by the number of sorry gems, a number of now fixed bugs slipped through in the last update (Before I started here btw), which is something I hope to avoid in the future. I hope that the players feel the same way, and wish to help me fix as much as possible.

Of course I am also developing new stuff, not just fixing bugs! So any ideas for skills or monsters that you have, let me know, and I will see if its viable!

Thanks!

Dev BRD

Are you referring to the roaring entrance bug in the Okkult event? If so you will be pleased to know that that is already fixed, and will be included in the next update!

1 Like

Welcome! Glad to have you!

What about the bugs that multiple AOE attacks on a stealthed monster or multiple attackes on a shielded monster at the same time will be all missing? I reported them a long time ago, and they were still there in last pvp.

WELCOME!  :smiley:

I like this guy, has some humor also huh? Niceee,
Ei what if im not wearing socks would that affect some bugs also? JK
Anyway WELCOME SIR :grin:

Hey Dev BRD, nice to be hearing another voice from inside. The roaring entrance bug Buck is talking about is the one where if a monster dies from a poison tick and a roarer comes in immediately after, it falls behind the next monster in line. There are a couple other ways it happens, I think Death sentence? It’s been around a very long time anyway, quite a nuisance. 

There’s a pinned post about all the bugs in pvp in the pvp section

Welcome more devs more fun

This is most likely due to the way that buffs are resolved in our game. So for example in this case death sentence, poison ticks etc are resolved at the start of the next character in lines turn (when it hits 0TU) and therefore when the roaring entrance monster comes in, it cannot also be set to 0TU, therefore resulting in it being forced to 1TU. I believe this is the same as if the next monster in line is at 1TU and a roaring entrance monster comes in, it would result in the same thing. This is why the description now specifically says: set to 0 or as close as possible.

Unfortunately this is something that likely can’t be “fixed” as it is pretty much part of the battle system. I guess you could say its a feature, not a bug.

That being said, if there is enough time, it is certainly something I will look into, as it may be possible to fix by adding something for this specific circumstance, without the need to overhaul the entire battle flow!

Welcome onboard mate :wink:

I am well aware! Since I started here I have always been hearing about the bugs in PvP, so of course these are also on my list to fix!

The main issue with PvP is that compared to PvE there are so many more variables that could potentially be affecting things. 

For example, when we are testing PvP here in the office, we are of course running on a very stable internet connection, however poor internet service for 1 or both players in a real situation could potentially be effecting things. 

Unfortunately I know that “But it works when we play in the office” isn’t enough of a reason to say that PvP is working as intended, as such I am looking into this stuff!

Firstly, welcome aboard! Does BRD stand for “bugs rarely die” and your name is ironic because you’re the bug killer? :wink:

It’s nice to hear you talk about that “roaring entrance bug” as a feature, because I always thought it was weird people calling it a bug when the description is clearly written to accommodate such behaviour. It’s an interesting feature too in my opinion and could almost be exploited as a way to counter roaring entrance monsters (counters are a good thing).

However, on a very similar topic there’s a “problem” with shield/stealth entrance and auto-poison. Basically the first tick of poison after the monster enters the battle doesn’t actually remove the stealth/shield until after the very next monster’s turn.

E.g. I have Banedragon and Oakthulu. Oakthulu has a turn right now and Banedragon is next (no opponents between). With Oakthulu I double repulse and Valzareign comes in. On Banedragon’s turn now there is a tick of poison on both monsters that just entered the battlefield. On Valzareign it said 0 (shielded) and the other it said 10, say. I do double poison eater on them both and it will deal 0 damage to Valzareign. Valzareign still has the shield on it despite taking a tick of poison.

I assume the problem here is stealth/shields are removed AFTER the damage is taken whereas poison is taken the very same second a monster gets a turn. So for that 1 second the poison damage has been taken but the stealth/shield is still there for 1 second more.

The same problem occurs with shields and poison gas or shield/stealth with things like toxic entrance. This isn’t intended right?

Welcome, glad to have you with us. I hope vkc showed you the crimseias bug I send him.

BRD actually stands for something to do with one of the new Christmas monsters, but thats my secret for now :wink:

You are pretty much correct about this auto poison bug. Basically any moves that give poison, but don’t deal damage will take an extra turn to remove shields/stealth.

However, I do have ideas how to fix this, and plan to implement and test these before I head off for winter break! Actually I will probably be implementing this next work day, which for me just so happens to be Christmas day haha… (pls help)

He did, and it was fixed the same day! Just gotta wait for the next update for it to be fixed in game however… :frowning:

But I have to be honest, I laughed when I saw it.

I’m currently experiencing a sleep bug in that after a monster has been put to sleep, it doesn’t wake even after being attacked. It’s not specific to any monster, lineup or event. It happens everywhere.

Welcome man! Nice to see a devs around here that actually has the patience, and the love of fixing the little things in the game.

Have you gotten a chance to look at the 400 second stun bug? When multiple entrances come in, occasionally you get a bug where it freezes and then a random monster(a lot of the time the next one in line to go) gets stunned by 400 seconds.

Also, the sleeping monster attacked most often happens when a monster that is going next gets hit by dreamy entrance. Maybe that’s a starting point.

He is trying to find out what causes it.

Bear

Reindeer

Dragon 

It’s my guess for our new dev secret