way too much fuzz about chrono

so after the first PvP event the tears have been huge about chrono beeing way too strong dont get me wrong he is really strong.
But till now only stuff has been nerfed that has close to 0 counterplay.
Chrono has plenty of frontlines that beat him more so at higher ranks.
So I truely hope devs wont listen to the premature nerf cries of the first pvp event where noone countered him. Faststrike could be 130 seconds TU and do less dmg against stuff with 50 seconds just for future monsters and game balance.
In noway is he more game breaking than +9 Legendary TT.

so after the first PvP event the tears have been huge about chrono beeing way too strong dont get me wrong he is really strong.
But till now only stuff has been nerfed that has close to 0 counterplay.
Chrono has plenty of frontlines that beat him more so at higher ranks.
So I truely hope devs wont listen to the premature nerf cries of the first pvp event where noone countered him. Faststrike could be 130 seconds TU and do less dmg against stuff with 50 seconds just for future monsters and game balance.
In noway is he more game breaking than +9 Legendary TT.

You’re not even really listening to us, man. Right now, putting a chronozar in your frontline practically guarantees a ko, and the victim has no chance at all to respond to it, usually their only hope is that they too have a chrono and that theirs goes first. We don’t want that because that’s not how this game is supposed to be. It’s a game about strategy, not about whose guy has the most potions on it, which is what chronozar has turned it into at this point. It may not decide the entire battle, but it tends to leave the unfavorable one at a serious disadvantage, just because the rng was feeling slightly unmerciful. Plus, just about the only guys that can actually do something about it without relying on a lucky SD or sleep all are Ziberius, Nightrider(assuming his setup checks out), aegisdragon, and both the legend TKs in unison. So basically if you don’t have any of those guys, there’s nothing at all that you can do.

You can’t legitimately attack an arguement if you don’t even know what grounds it stands on; you clearly don’t know this one’s. Contrary to your supposition, you’re not the only one here that actually knows what they’re talking about.

You sadly did not read what I said, there are plenty of counters to chrono so he can´t get the first kill (shadowyrm leo, fire cresendo dude and mecha f.e.) saw plenty of stuff like that today playing at around top 20-50, those are clearly frontlines catered against chrono and will beat him. That´s just one example but the trend is clear alot of people made their frontline against chrono which is not hard atall.

Does he beat alot of the “older meta” frontlines ? Yes he does ! Is he unbeatable no! He just shifted the meta abit just as robin did. If he´d be a normal legendary from an egg and only a few rolled him there would be much less drama about him, I´m pretty sure that alot of people who played at higher ranks today farming chrono frontlines can agree with me there.

Um, do explain how the heck leogeist and shivadravon are able to kill chrono that quickly. And are you referring to mechaviathan? Because I’m fairly sure that he is well behind chrono in the speed race. I’m still highly incredulous that countering chrono is really as easy as you say. And I’m aware that Robinator shifted the meta in a big way, but Chronozar shifted it in a direction that we don’t want it to go, namely into a time bonus competition. Also, I’ll admit that you’re right that he wouldn’t be such a big deal if he were another exclusive, but of course that’s not the case. Face reality: EVERYONE has this guy. So obviously what this guy does is going to have a huge impact on the meta. And right now, it’s not a favorable one.

the 3 hitters outspeed him and all 3 hits kill him, just as the “turbo nightrider frontlines”

Well, first off, how many people actually have all four of those guys? Not very many. Second, even if they do have access to that exact FL and use it, they’ll succeed in dispatching chrono(assuming there’s no auto protectors), but they’ll still have to deal with the other 3 adversaries. And it’s a cinch that at least one of them will outspeed Mecha, and then use timestrike or KB or something else naughty to shut them down. And third, that FL will suffer gravely if there turns out to be no chronozar on the other side at all. So sorry, still not convinced.

The point is not that it can be countered, because technically there was a way to counter zibgazer as well. It’s the fact that the counter is very specific and consists of maybe 2 actually viable strategies, one of which being itself. When I say viable I mean strategies that work against more than just chronox: sure you could shove a bunch of fast monsters in the front line, but making a team specifically to defeat chronox is not a viable team due to the fact that you lose against pretty much everything else.

In addition to this you have to remember that this game is far more than just the top ranks. Up in 20 we have access to most of the monsters so we can theory craft and find ways around things, but down at the bottom people don’t. When every single team has a chronox and you don’t have very specific legendaries to counter him then it turns the game into a coin toss.

The point I’m making here is that even though it is counterable it is still unhealthy for the game, except just as zibgazer was unhealthy for the top ranks chronox in it’s current form is unhealthy for the lower ranks. And believe me, we’re not just saying this cause we don’t like it, we’re the ones with the 20+ legendaries farming wins off these teams. What we aim for is a fun, diverse pvp, not an unbalanced one, or one that comes down to a coin toss.

Besides, key point here:

only stuff has been nerfed that has close to 0 counterplay.

Chronox frontlines have one viable counter in nightrider. 1 is pretty close to zero if you ask me.

nightrider + nighhunter also beats chrono and has good match ups overall.

Also zib, bane, abyss strat Hidan came up with

and that´s just after some time pretty sure there will be and come more ways to deal with it the real problem is that everyone has him sadly …

I’m actually too tired to respond properly and furthermore i think i would just repeat what bucky and luc have said, but Codex, seriously, i think everybody here got your point. You appeared to be resistant against every solid Argument brought up against you by simply repeating your own opinion over and over again, obviously not willing to even think about the things so many people wrote here and in the last thread you started the exact same discussion. The bottom line is: Chrono needs a nerf.

Yeah, youre right, there are some Chrono counters, but thats not the point, the point is, people are forced to build their Frontlines in a way, that they will counter a possible chrono Frontline, Most monsters with less than 67 speed (actually more because 67+9) cannot be used in a FL because Chrono would simply eat them right away. And while Myself and nearly everybody else from the top 50 of pvp has the monsters to counter chrono, below 600 points thats not the case at all. These people have to put their Chrono in a frontline and then the whole match comes down to a coin toss, which decides, whose chrono moves first. And since the majority of the players are not the top 50 but rather the guys below 700 points, this is an issue for more than 98% of the players. Neo is supposed to be a strategy game and currently Chrono destroys this fact for a vast Majority.

I wanted to bring up another point but i forgot it. Maybe later.

Met quite a number of Chrono front line along the way…and still manage to waste them…even if their chrono went off first…So there are more than one counter to Chrono frontline…just got to have the right team…beside everyone woud have chronoz…killing off one critter would help throw off the balance of an otherwise Overpowered team…><"

But then again everyone got their own views on this…some would prefer he be nerf…some would prefer he stays the same way…so to each his own…

How do you stop the fire starter from throwing a one star monster for a quick kill? Heck, the fire starter can murder chronox easily. I feel like he is strong I just don’t know if a nerf is necessary.

For those who want to nerf Chrono, devs can do that in their accounts. Then everyone should be satisfied.

End of the day even if chrono get nerf…it will be replace with another critter…this will be endless…wat’s the point…chronos costing a tons of ingredients and silver ending up crap…would ppl who evolve him even be happy…

Thing is, I really don’t want to run Chronozar. I want to have my own personal, original strategy that can’t be specifically anticipated. But if I don’t run him, then my win ratio plummets drastically, since everyone else’s chrono will just hammer me every time. -_- I don’t think I even need to solidify my point any further.

I know dat feels :joy::joy:

It seems to me, those monsters are not that rare anymore. They are everywhere :mellow:

Also, aegis, chronox and robin are like playing rock, paper and scissors…

Haha

Chronozeros is incredibly oppressive in the frontline and forces people to make setups to counter it specifically or use the same strategy and play the coin flip speed race.

I am not saying that there are no counters to Chrono frontlines but when you have to start catering to a single specific monster being present in the frontline it means something is wrong and has to be done.

Otherwise they can give me back my deathgazer… there are like 3 counters out there that I could think of so it’s pretty OK to have him right… :wink: