Another pre nerf Chromera is coming

I’ve caught wind of some new monster leaks, and one of them is VERY concerning to me. This thing has Roaring entrance and Faststrike. Yes, you heard me. Roaring Entrance and Faststrike. Has Chronozeros taught you nothing devs? Do you have any idea what this thing is capable of with Zib? Oh, but I’m not done. There’s also bloodfury, which will totally end well. It also has 2 other brand new moves, finishing snap and short stun, which insta kills anything below 15% health and stuns an enemy for 15 seconds respectively, both reusable. TUs aren’t given, but It’s safe to assume they’re both very low. They’re excellently balanced moves on their own, but adding them to this already absurd monster just makes it even worse. Final nail in the coffin, the secret skill is flippin step back. So as well as being ludicrously efficient at killing and screwing the enemy, it also can immediately leave the field, providing huge potential for evil setups and just being all around very convenient. This is simply too much for one monster. Tone it down a little before releasing it please.

Yes this thing has been concerning me for a while now. Tbh it’s just the roaring entrance that breaks it, it’s just too fast with zib up front. Drop that and the rest is fine

Wish I could see this list of leaks >.< More than likely they will release counter to Roaring in which if X monster is on the field the passive is negated (could be a buff to gravity field honestly). Also protectors help with that one in particular if you have one. (Message it to me please… cough the list that is cough…)

Yes, that’s actually perfect. It has 70 speed, so it can still get into action very quickly. Again, the meta has changed since chrono’s reign of terror, so though I don’t think the meta could handle an 80 speed fs, a 70 speed fs might be more manageable. Drako could completely screw him, not to mention auto protects seem to have become extremely prevalent recently. Without any passives this monster could be like Saintfeather, no defensive gimmicks, but a nice bag of tricks that’s safe from killer moves. May also want to replace the SS since it’s pointless without an accompanying entrance.

We don’t make comment regarding unreleased monsters.
And It is pointless to discuss the monsters which are not final and ready.

However, thank you for your concern, we will keep that in mind.
We would never forget the mayhem caused by the first version of Chromera.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say that it’s entirely pointless to give a quick heads up on what the community might think.

While you are right that it is unreleased, the community is only just trying to help avoid a pitfall in balance.

Can I also take a sneak peek at the list

No.

We try to keep it to mods only and a few top players.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter as long as there is a counter for that monster. The presences of new monster with new skills make the whole monsters and the game more variative and versatile.

Great first post :+1:

Yes, gradually. But it’s kind of irresponsible to sit back and assume the meta will fix its own problems.

I wonder how releasing this monster as is would affect the meta, compared to Chrono’s reign back then. Would this monster impact the meta so significantly as chrono did?

I don’t think it’ll be op… I mean we have a good number of knock back next monster now that are all pretty viable. We have great protectors. If they wanted to buff one of regalians or create a passive that negates entrance moves either would work. Imagine a monster that totally flattens both roaring entrance, the stun entrance, and sleep entrance if it is on the field. Be cool if it was a stage master monster or something theatrical…

I’m curious what was the problem with chromera In the days of yore?

Moveset was:

Chrono killer
Toxic killer
Bloodfury
Ultrathunder

Roaring entrance

SS:
Instant accelerate team

So essentially he came in, accelerated, killed something, and then started sweeping at 106 seconds per bloodfury.

It got nerfed before release.

After released… It is still over powered… He has many targets with low tu…

1. Bane
  2. alba
  3. shuri
  4. tridra
  5. freezecob
  6. Terror
  7. flarevern
  8. tiamaz
  9. Keeper
  10. Searguard
  11. Volcaven
  12. Nereida
  13. Abyss
  14. Celestrion
  15. Cyberion
  16. Nightlord
  17. Vulcaroth
  18. Crimseias
  19. Bonetalon
  20. Nectareon
  21. Rattle
  22. Lavaronix
  23. Mecha
  24. Penguinator
  25. Lordsreign
  26. Titanomoth
  27. Noxdragon
  28. Raizen
  29. Utopion
  30. Bitter
  31. Serazael
  32. Virabbit
  33. Aegis
  34. Midas
  35. Leogeist
  36. Valza
  37. Shark
  38. Serapheon
  39. Solariel
  40. Anubirom
  41. Freelzerrex
  42. Seahowl
  43. Gigasect
  44. Gryphking
  45. Grovodeus

Next time it will be more…

We need more new monster with double faststrike or faststrike all… joking

Any idea as to when this monster is going to be released ?

Chrome counters this just fine. No need for nerfs. Imagine cannib to this monster, kills your monster but you have chrome at 5th so no problem or you have aegis or any protector at high tu.

And also conside that fast strike has been nerfed so its not easy to start sweeping with it