Valentine's monsters early previews

Prismpaw

Screenshot_20190213-065350

It seems like an interesting wraithhost-like monster which is less easy to shut down but with no super big pay-off. The secret skill is what makes it look viable, but generally it should be good when combined with healing or maybe a monster like Shivadragon in PvE.

1 Like

Brynhildr

1 Like

Deviladus

Screenshot_20190213-072301

Screenshot_20190213-072307

Meh not worth my gems. Ill just save for other stuff unless they have aegisdragon.

5 Likes

I like the dark one but too bad its too slow.

More myths I won’t be rolling for not cause I don’t want to mostly cause o can’t afford 1000 dollars a week into the game

Interesting; I might roll a pack or two.

1 Like

You’re probably gonna spend $2000 on this one

1 Like

I’m not THAT desperate.

Phantom will get both in one pack with his luck it will happen

The dark monster is actually really good.

Zib, oni, angelo. Should make it great.
Stratus zib angelo.

Caniblise first then one on one + you get angelo retribution.

wait, how do you unlock its first two forms? The stats are not even fully trained…

The holy one could be strong in the last four. With Grovo it could cause carnage with revive. Also the SSkill lets it rebirth itself and use it over and over. Not sure it will be viable in PvP but both will be strong in PvE.

Yay someone thinking like I was! Long live OoO :smiley:

The issue I have with these two mythics is they have two not particularly useful moves… the “hit all” and the “double shadow/light bane”. This really restricts what they can do.

However, Bryn is super tanky so it may be able to get a kill or two if the enemy team is not in a good position with a sweeper charged. The thing that is the real selling point I think is Pardon, that can potentially make a couple of enemy monsters useless on the field so you can turn the match into a 4v2. However, that takes very careful team building, is situational and because Bryn is slow speed you can’t rely on it. What makes me really sad is you can’t use the monster with holy monsters… where it would definitely be working best (Auro, Dusic, general healing being useful). Revival is a great situational move too.

Brynhildr would be great if it was:

• 50-60% speed
  • Revival reduced to 80TU
  • Ragnarok gains 50s restriction from first turn and element restriction lessened to allow 2 holy monsters on the field (aka not link, 3+ holy)
    [Not saying that’s my buff suggestion, but it’s my first thought when looking at this monster. Pardon wants it to have more speed, revival is a little slow and ragnarok can’t be sped up too much otherwise it’ll become overpowered]

Deviladus is very cool but since the SS has 120TU it can’t do anything quickly. You HAVE to build around it and the most obvious one is OoO then switch friend / cannibalise / pull back into it to DSA the enemies. In PvE you can probably set it up nicely with stun beforehand. A combo I’d love to see would include Goldtail, Onigeist and Deviladus… where you’d sleep lock and pull back Deviladus multiple times. You have the potential for 4x DSA there but perhaps it’s better to simply sleep lock and sweep in practice.

Deviladus is unfortunately not an amazing sweeper because 130TU is quite slow and the ways to charge it are 100TU or 120TU. I think it will work reasonably well in PvE without setup but it won’t be something you’re excited about running.

Personally I would’ve loved to see whisper of evil with something like 70TU or 80TU. Just look at Ashterios for a second… similar speed, 70TU charge (where he gets a kill) then 70TU bloodbite sweeping. He’s link and takes a little less damage to kill but looks better to me.

The things Deviladus has going for it:

• OoO DSA combos
  • Granting a kill to specific other monsters (maybe some potential for incredible combos here)
  • Bloodbite quickly deals enormous damage, for UC maybe (15k after 1 kill, 70k after 3??)
    [It looks good but not super powerful and it almost definitely needs to be awoken to work properly.]

Aren’t you one of the people who are against changes until the monster has been released and tested thoroughly?

I am when people are suggesting radical changes or expressing views that something is terrible/OP before they’ve even seen it and there really isn’t enough to confirm what they’re saying. Anyway, I’m not really calling for buffs to the upcoming mythics… I’m detailing what I think their strengths and weaknesses are and since I feel they’re not too brilliant I’m saying what I think would make them exciting to me or work a lot better. More like pointing out the bits rather than actually calling for the changes to be made, if that makes sense? Maybe my phrasing wasn’t the best but I was just writing down my thoughts when looking at the new mythics.

A typical post:
“This monster is going to be terrible, it NEEDS X, Y and Z to be changed otherwise it is useless”.
Me:
“I don’t think this monster will be very reliable or strong but perhaps tweaking these couple of bits might make it work better, but these are just first thoughts when looking at it.”

To be honest, it probably helps the Devs to see both an initial reaction from the community when they see it as well as a more experienced view once we’ve seen it in practice.

You guys beat me to asking @Phantom00 about these monsters :sob:

He’s about to have some jacked forearms

1 Like

Granting a kill to a specific monster…wont take too long until someone will come up with something really annoying idea built around void or bb :smiley:

I’ve posted it in the bug thread.