Update: ZigZaGame's current situation.

Okay, we definitely owe you an apology for the lack of communication and the delay. Very sorry.  We wanted to wait until we were dead sure when the update was going to hit the store before commenting, but since its taking forever, I will explain our situation. 

1. We submitted a build roughly 2 months ago, but we had to reject it due to policy changes that took place regarding idfa tracking. We were using this to track installs from advertisements. We had to make some significant code changes to the data logging back end, and had to retest the app all over again. 

2. We need to allocate a lot of our time on our next game so that it doesn’t take another year. We are also porting the game over from cocos to unity, which is basically a rewrite of the engine. We also have 900 monsters to animate…

3. We have been getting ready for micromon’s release.

All this is overwhelming for 5 people.  

The cocos to unity rewrite is a business decision, but we need to make the jump to increase our chances of survival. Ideally, we would have a team to update Hunter Island if we were a larger company.  

This is the first time we have direct communication with you guys. All the feedback has taught us that we can do a lot better, which is one of the reasons why we are allocating a lot of time into our new game.      

I do want to say that we absolutely value this community. We believe its the best thing we have going for ourselves. 

We still remember the days when we had less than 200 fans on our facebook page.   

We have to grow a little more as a business to multitask updates and new releases. 

We are trying our absolute best, I hope you guys understand.  

I will try to update you guys more, but its a bit overwhelming right now, and the lack of progress that we can show is very depressing for us to be honest. 

Cool, thanks for letting the community know :)!

Great

I appreciate you taking the time to fill us in.
I wish you luck with your progress. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up

thank you so much for taking your time to answer some of our questions! great game, continue to work hard!

Thank you.

Ty.This was very helpful.

1. We submitted a build roughly 2 months ago, but we had to reject it due to policy changes that took place regarding idfa tracking. We were using this to track installs from advertisements. We had to make some significant code changes to the data logging back end, and had to retest the app all over again.

Seeing as this was written all in past tense, is it safe to assume you’ve resubmitted it to Apple?

I’m not looking for when it’ll be available, just curious as to whether it’s being looked at, or will we have to continue waiting for you guys to finalize it?

I’m getting very excited for when crazy BA won’t happen. There’s too much luck involved.

the backend issues are fixed, so we just need a few days to test it out before submitting. I will be back with a screenshot once we actually submit. As for BA, we put a cap on it, didn’t completely remove it. Needless to say, you won’t see this feature in the next game. 

Excellent. That’s great news.

I do remember your planned changes to the BA mechanic, limiting it to 1. I think that’s much more reasonable than 4, seeing as it can completely turn the match when your opponent has BA after BA after BA, while you have none. (I’ve had more matches than I can count where my opponent had BA in the 20’s while I had something like 3 or 4. That’s not a fair representation of skill)
It also keeps the importance of letter grades around.

Can you confirm what you’ve done to tone down Stego? I seem to remember not being the only one to think it’s 100% stun chance needed a nerf too, not just it’s TU/Stun length.

Cool thanks for letting us know. I had trust that you guys hadn’t dropped it and that you guys were working hard and now I know it’s true.

Any progress reports?

dont tell me you still believe in the update lol

So there isn’t going to be an update? Damn

i have faith …one must believe … lol

I quit the game for awhile, was very annoyed of the BA problems and win-lose PvP bug

Was really hoping to see updates when i played the game again today. And yet, nothing. This post was since July. True, the admin gave us some so call ‘update’ with this post but is it just to make us players temporarily happy?

I tried pvp today. I though BA was fix awhile since most of the time was only twice. But again, the assumption i made that if opponent that has stronger or better arks than me in Master League, the BA goes crazy!

Maybe there wont be any updates at all.

Cheers. Hope i did not offended anyone. Just voicing out my opinions

Nah, no offense was taken. As developers, they need to be ready for feedback from their players. It’s their responsibility to listen. And I’m sure they are. They just need to act upon it.

Not anymore, but I can still hope.

Maybe if some offense was taken, they’d be more inclined to listen.
As of now, nobody should be excited for their next game, since the development company is complete trash.