Developers? Where are you?

The title pretty much expresses my complaint.

I’m horrendously disappointed in the lack of communication and dedication from you. I can guarantee that I’m not the only one.

You have, or had, a community of loyal players that spend time, effort, and the occasional dollar that deserve your attention.
With all the comments and concerns floating around the forum, you owe us explanations for why you’ve apparently abandoned us in a time of need.

You’ve continually led us on with the hope for an update that’s constantly “in the works.” We deserve information on your progress, if only a simple visit to the forums to let us know we’re not forgotten.
We’ve asked and asked till we’re blue in the face, with nothing to show for it but empty promises and a lack of faith.

I can’t comprehend why you’ve decided to keep us in the dark, only surfacing at the last, and worst, possible moment to do so, with no more information than the last rare visit you’ve graced us with.

It’s utterly disrespectful to the folks who’ve given you the means and reason to continue developing your games.

I’m here saying that unless you clean up your act, I’ll no longer support you, your games, your company, or your efforts.

I’m encouraging the community here to do the same.
Do not commit to buying any upcoming games released, developed, and/or created by these traitors until they’ve commited to being a better company.

There’s no excuse for how you’ve treated us, and I’m finally standing up to it.
The only hope I have left is that this close-knit group of players feels the same.

I’m no longer a pragmatist, but a pessimist, until you prove me wrong.
I’ve enjoyed this game quite a bit, but your actions keep pushing me further away. It’s no longer fun, but a chore I’d rather find something to replace it with.

Ryan and Lars’ grandfather has sadly passed away, which is why there is no mission this week.

You’ll have to wait for a little while longer for your questions to be answered.

That’s absolutly terrible news.
My condolences go out to them both. I’m truly sorry to hear. They have my sympathy, and empathy. I’ve no grandparents left myself.

That, however, does not explain, condone, or make light of the months prior where we’ve been in the same boat as now.
I’m less concerned about a mission as I am the overall health of the game.
At the time I had posted, I had not seen the in-game notification.

Not arguing that at all.

Just notifying you that your answers will be awhile longer than you probably figured

I do appreciate the heads up. :slight_smile:

Although, given these folks’ track record, I’m not going to hold my breath.
I’ve come to expect nothing, even a courtesy, from them.

Admittedly, my timing for this post was pretty tactless, and for that I apologize to them.

Still, I’m tired of being kept in the dark.

I, sadly, have to agree. I’ve been trying to stress from day one the importance of communication between the developers and players. I’ve suggested even that they get people who have the sole responsibility of passing information between the players and developers.

I think this game is dying out, and all focus is on the new game. I think they want to dump this one and forget it, pretend it doesn’t exist and replace it with a new one. This one was littered with issues, and the damage has been done now. There’s not much for them to do except move on.

These are only my opinions, there’s nothing official about what I’ve said here. But it does seem this way to me.

Really hope there will be some answer for us. Been playing this for bout 6 months and still no update.

BA action is really something need to be handle as well as during pvp, lose eventhough you have actually won.

And is there something wrong with pvp today?

I’m so sorry, Ryan and Lars. :frowning:

I also can’t argue, except for a few small points, but I don’t think it would really matter, so, yeah.

In any case, still waiting for the new game. Good communication or not, I constantly play games that are never updated/are finished, so it wouldn’t be such a big deal for me.

Me too…

As far as the “defeat glitch”, there’s a few things you can do to alleviate it.
As far as we know, it triggers when your device gives notifications, like 10/20% low battery or calendar/alarm alerts.
When you’re playing, make sure your plugged in or at full power, and your notifications are off.
I’ve also noticed that it triggers when you switch from wifi to 4g, or vice versa, in the middle of a match, so no wandering around the house while you play. :wink:

@Bjorhyn It’s time to delete this game! nothing more will comes out, devs really don’t care what the community says, and they lie to us for almost a year now, who want to believe people like that anymore?

I moved your post, Byebye because it’s more relevant to this thread than the other

That may indeed be the best course of action, sad as it is to say.

Ok boss! Maybe I’m old enough to choose where I want to post. Having read all the recent posts if I had chosen to put in the other one, there was a reason.

Part of our jobs is to ensure posts are in the relevant locations. If we feel it’s not relevant in a certain location, or more relevant in another, we’ll move it. If you have an issue, you can send a message to the moderator who moved it in a “respectful” way. (Note the word “respectful”).

Yes Ashley I know that, but here the “@Bjorhyn” refers to something Bjorhyn says to the other thread, so now it no longer has the meaning it had when I wrote it. That’s it, and that’s why I say “there was a reason.” if I post it in other thread. But what’s done is done it is not the end of the world (just the end of the game) haha

If you want to delete the game, so be it. We’re not stopping you.

I’m uncertain on why people are causing such a ruckus over a game

Listen, everyone. To those who are trying to defend the developers, just let it go. And those who are insulting the developers, just back off.

It’s their image. They will have to handle it themselves. 

Game or not, this is still a forum. And people are still coming in, because unlike you, they are new to the game. They’re brimming with energy and to see what?

Pessimism, insults, arguments. How unwelcome is that?

For the sake of the people who actually enjoy the game, let’s just let it go for now. Please. All we are doing is getting people riled up for nothing. Go study for school, get ready for your job. Cook your lunch, or play with your dog. Hunter Island isn’t everything. It never was. It was simply a nice, sweet little game that unfortunately failed to uphold its update promise. And is that it? Is that all you are arguing for? Because they missed an update?

I understand its the developers job, but this has gone too far. Let bygones be bygones. Forgive and forget. No one is forcing you to buy their future games, and no one is forcing you to defend the developers.

Just let them be. Let us be. Let me be. Let you be.

That’s all I have to say for now. Please consider your actions before you post again.

That’s the most reasonable response I’ve seen.
Thanks, Kooks, for bringing some civility back.

I didn’t understand the part you find I become rude, and apologize if you take it that way.

For the insult part, where I live we have a saying, a proverb : there is only the truth that hurts.

Gosh this is soo stupid.

I’m just gonna say this tho,

Maybe we haven’t gotten any updates cuz Ryan’s grand father was sick and all and that’s what led to his death. We don’t know the reason why they don’t update us. But maybe it’s cuz we only have 2 admins one that rarely on and the one that is usually on grandfather just past away. So if anything I’d say we kind of have been given enough info given the circumstances. If one admin is never on then we won’t get any updates from him. If the admin that is always on grandfather just died I’d say the man has been sick for awhile. If I ever make a game and a family member was sick I’d out him or her first than the game I’ve been developing. That’s all I’ve got to say

None of that would explain why they didn’t take ten seconds eight months ago to let us know they’d hit some hard times, and the update would be delayed.
If that had happened, we’d know why, and could adjust as such. Currently, it’s all speculation, with the only concrete fact being they lost a family member recently.

It would have been so simple to inform us of anything that I find it hard to believe they’ve not taken the time.