Thoughts on Vespia ( New Mythic ) and Airavalon (New Legendary)

2 Likes

âss>

Vespia looks pretty good. A very versatile poison monster for sure. But from a logical standpoint I don’t understand how can a wasp have that low speed? :stuck_out_tongue:. Makes sense moveset wise though.

Airavalon is the energy charge+ energy burst equivalent of Astrogolem. I like the design a lot! Could work in a throw team endgame and would like to try it out with Gandalfrog. Has drawbacks though: enables True Hit, no piercing so will likely need multiple charges to 1 shot and has no hold ground so he’s easily dealt with by a free aimable attack.

1 Like

Its backbite charge, so can work anywhere. The fact it has so â– â– â–  moves but 1 very good move is funny

1 Like

Yeah good point.

Why does her 2nd form have way better design than awakaned…

Because the wasp plug didnt arrive on time

1 Like

Also 2nd form +9 is barely different from awakened. Another example of Mythic not worth awakening - Leira, Christine, Huskie, and now this. Her SS is not worth 6 more cost points. 2nd form should just have stun immunity and no boost / or 50% and awakened 100%.

Leira is not even worth having, since they changed Moogong can now kill itself.

1 Like

Come back to this forum to see the development of new monsters

2 Likes

IT’S SWABBIE!!! Welcome back!

missed ya Vince!

I’m truly amazed by Airavalon’s moveset… it looks like a mediocre super epic. I don’t want to be too critical of the Devs but I can’t see a single use for that monster. The only way to charge is to sacrifice a teammate and then it does mediocre speed non-piercing damage. If you don’t want to sacrifice a teammate then you can enjoy being forced to do a 250TU standard hit all move or a 100TU move that does 0 damage (energy move while not charged). Then there’s the comparison of Astrogolem… I mean seriously that’s miles better than this in every way! It’s a clear F tier for both PvE and PvP.

Vespia is yet another generically strong mythic which does everything you want so it will never disappoint with its moveset as long as it gets at least one turn. All moves 100TU or less, easy to charge a blood move, tanky stats and no problem with low damage (I presume - haven’t tested deadly needle damage yet), some situational piercing because why not and a very big impact on its first turn because you immediately get two turns (plus can wake up a teammate or pull them back from being stunned). The SS even allows you to give a teammate a turn, do a high TU sweeping move on that monster then backbite it to avoid that teammate being out of play. [EDIT: After trying it out I see actually it gets a turn after Vespia so you’d have to skip - so it’s still possible but not ideal].

Vespia isn’t anything crazy, it doesn’t reach S+ or S tier territory, but it’s the kind of high power level mythic that we’ve had a lot of in the last year. There’s a bunch of generically very strong ones now I worry a little about the vast majority of monsters being outclassed, as well as there being less reason to build around an archetype. I edited away a rant I went on here, let’s just leave it at that.

5 Likes

Increase heal off the elephant’s backbite charge. It’s heals the elephant too little.

Replace AoE attack with regular energy charge

Make elephant summon special token monster instead of rockoid, the special token mon should have a way to sacrifice themselves to damage enemy team (bunny bomb)

Yeah, this would make so much more sense.

Also, it’s impossible to not see the resemblance to the Indian god Ganesh. I’m not familiar with with stories to do with this god but I’m not really seeing any flavourful parts of the moveset to have it modelled after this god.

I really don’t want to make out that I’m annoyed with this monster or something, but to me that seems like a big miss to have a Ganesh monster that’s not doing something cool to do with the god. It’s clear from my YouTube statistics that there are many Indian players of this game. I’m sure they would’ve loved a fun representation of Ganesh.

1 Like

also if u thinking in come back @DMG_LUCKDRAGON note that u can see the left nipple of this new myth :joy:

2 Likes

Just saw the second form elephant, I can say it’s genuinely the worst monster in the game. Only available move is AoE unless you use it with togala

1 Like

I think replace
Time Freeze with Dreamy Entrance
Solo Double Energy Burts with Solo Double Knockback.

That probably suits his theme as god of the remover of obstacles.
Making him good Support as rock generator, token removal and get rid of himself after.