Thoughts on the new mythic Atlanachia

I actually like the design for once. It’s like a vampire version of arachnadiva with a more offensive moveset and stat distribution.

I can’t say I care much for macabre touch and early trigger. Early trigger’s tu is far too high for it to be worth using in a lot of situations + it requires the target to have a death sentence. Even so, I think it’s fair to say her other three moves and harden carapace easily make up for that. This is only the second mythic to have harden carapace and trust me, it is not going to be fun to deal with, especially with her entering at 55% speed with backbite following by instant shield self and bloodbite.

Lastly, I’d just like to say that I am very excited to see aoe spam making a bit of a return! I have high hopes for atlanachia’s swift assisted dusk all triggering lots of nova aoe PTSD back when novadrake was in its prime. :grin:

:duck:

7 Likes

I think a combination with skeleviatan aetheron santistan or something like that could be good and I think it will have an amazing role in pve, but the question is… is this the beginning of a new line of monsters capable of exploiting death sentence?

Its nice but i wish it was a full spider monster and not another arachnadiva in terms of design

2 Likes

@Dev_VKC Remove the crown.!! Spider Queen there is only one !!:spider_web:

1 Like

Did they have to give the FULL ATTACK SHADOW Mythic a Swift AoE :neutral_face: even in 6★ form has higher ATK than Novadrake and Noxdragon.

Anyway this is probably one of the best waifu designs. A way to make her look even better is less clothes in favour of longer hair covering her torso, and fire coming out of her a-s-s. If you know you know

3 Likes

I think it’s our queen enemy.

1 Like

Arbosus :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Stop making fake mark mons and just buff mark :joy:

5 Likes

Early trigger is the best move in terms of highly buffed PvE because she doesn’t have hold ground or camo. she will be a nightmare to face though.
her shield in final form is almost vital for buffed PvE.
on the plus side hopefully this means monsters like amalgam get to see more action. ps GT and Early trigger vs buffed could be amusing.
also something like sancti with sleep all might work.

2 Likes

@Killerdog That’s Quelaag as far as I’m concerned :wink:

Also will Geartyrant make his grand comeback to the PvP scene now??

1 Like

doubt it. i tried using it last season. 300 tu is a long time in PvP.

1 Like

Somebody call Margio, quick!

1 Like

Not fiery enough :frowning:

This monster design is very disappointing to me. But first, I want to point out for everyone:

Swift assisted dusk does HALF the damage of normal, so it’s basically a very weak hit all that becomes like a normal hit all if you have 4/4 shadow monsters.

As for my complaints about the design @Dev_VKC :

• Macabre touch will rarely come up. 300s is a long time and Atlanachia still needs to be alive, plus the setup is using swift assisted dusk… but why not just bloodbite to kill things for less effort?

• Early trigger is unusable at 200TU. Again, bloodbite far outclasses it. I do like the idea of the 100TU hit all setup into early trigger, but then you’re completely out of play.

• The above passive and active move are the really unique part of this monster and they’re too underpowered compared to the other option…

• This monster is basically just backbite → bloodbite. It’s by far the best way to play the monster and it’s simply mid-speed + tanky. 100TU hit all will come up at times when you want to hit all, but that’s about it.

What I think should be changed:

1. Make early trigger 200TU → 70TU, with a 100s restriction from start of battle (130TU in 2nd form).
    Perhaps also consider increasing swift assisted dusk 100TU → 130TU, if the monster seems too strong.

That alone will massively change the way she plays so it’s worth building around death sentence and not needing to backbite. You’ll also have the interesting option between killing an enemy now (bloodbite) or killing an enemy in a little bit (hit all → early trigger), which you’ll decide based on what gives you the best control.

4 Likes

Interestingly they showcased her in SCB test area with Zeus, so you could see the potential of using this mythic with death sentence types. But yeah. On its own too high tu on skills.

1 Like

Yeah, I lost the battle every time I played it XD

Also, the amazing potential of a 200TU move that required setup… I’d rather play Lucifelle!

1 Like

Am I the only one who sees this as an absolute weapon in PvE?

Trigger can kill 4 enemies no matter what the buff!! Combine with a Give Turn and Gear which gives auto death sentence on arrival and you could get 4-12 kills quite fast if you build around it.

What’s more, it shields itself for survivability and has backbite which can help get the set up.

The AoE needs to be low damage or we’re gona have more dark AoE spam meta in PvP.

I don’t play PvE because I find it too boring, but if I did, this guy would be high on my list.

1 Like

that’s what i thought. read above.

its problem is that it will be wiped out vs buffed monsters in uc so it sort of needs to be awakened so it has that shield.

Early trigger only hits one enemy. Did you misread or did I misunderstand what you wrote?

Also, swift assisted dusk is half strength. So it’s a weak AoE that becomes like a normal AoE strength if you have 4/4 shadow. Ultimately, it’s quite good at 100TU but not worth building around (it’s much worse than Novadrake).

Possible buff: make it trigger bomb curse :exploding_head: