Thoughts on Orochi and Jackolene( New Mythic and Legendary)

Not a fan of the legendary at all, primarily because of her passive entrance. At what point do we draw the line on monsters having the ability to summon “tokens” in the enemy team? It’s extremely disruptive and honestly not that fun to play with or against. I mean this PvP season someone could run some version of Rhinoel, Motordragon, and Jackolene in 5th, 6th, 7th spot, completely dismantle an enemy team just through passive entrances, and probably have great success doing so. Pair it with wavetail somehow and your opponent is completely locked. Even if you could find a way to break it, you’d likely be way behind and lose anyway. I’m all for unique designs but if these entrance passives that summon “tokens” become the meta, PvP will become agonizingly slow and boring. I don’t think that’s the direction anyone wants the game going.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

Also i just noticed the new pvp reward.
Devs are doing a twisted job. Pushing plant meta. That monster is also gonna be a part of vine lock. With pullback and that extra synergy with plant mons. It’s more like use pullback on girl
Disrupt them like crazy. Then either sweep with him or turn it into a vinegazer. Sick

2 Likes

Good idea thx bro

Stfu @LemonSqueezy

Don’t make me come over there!

definitely an entry of 3 has to be immovable, also immutable to stun seems excessive to me, something with 50spd capable of creating a blocking spam, either with the strong route (wabe) or the common stun route

Lmao It’s my second time hating on a monster just after release. It deserves the hate.
Power creep

3 Likes

Are you a proud 1st day member of the Padrinorca hate clan too?

5 Likes

Mai should get a duo attack that works with its little Jerbo homies

5 Likes

Make sonic strike scale in power based on the amount of rats she has around, 1 rat removes the enemy tu restriction, two makes it piercing, 3 reduces tu by 50% and she gets a shield each kill. Make it nuts if you pull it off

1 Like

I’ve got 42 gems, should I roll them on this egg

Save for shrine of 50 gems i think it will be their in 2-3 days

Don’t like Orochi. She has quite a resemblance to Rhinedragon, both in their general strategy and in that their skills are “self-contained”. But it seems like she trades Rhine’s long-term/stable/consistent usage for a more aggressive and risky one.

The goal for her awakened form is to deal a fulu, heal, deal another one, and go with bloodthirst, or something along those lines, but her ultra-evolved form has no such luxury. Without bloodthirst and the rest of her moveset is catered towards 2 fulus, the moment she’s used them there’s not a lot of options for her. I would just use both fulus at once and make way for another mon. So hey, 2 kills in 200 secs?

Back to Rhine dragon. While his insta-kill move is random and he has to redempt to do it again, His golden burst is a neat fail-safe and allows him to be more flexible. Hold ground keeps him alive along with the purifying and healing move. Also, no 200 sec restriction. He also doesn’t suffer from slayerbane type moves and actually benefits from being forgiven, something that would slow Orochi down quite a bit.

also I hate death entrance :skull:

Jackolene looks funne

1 Like

I don’t think I can wait that long @DMG_UnholyPrem

Totally agree… I HATE these kinds of monsters. I much prefer Lunartic who rewards you for getting kills. Creating really disabling tokens simply from entrances is so cruel and people end up relying on that disabling to win the battle (cough Motordragon is overplayed cough). What balances Motordragon is it’s a terrible monster on the battlefield. Rhinoel is a step up from that and clearly very strong… it’s a medium power monster with the very strong entrance passive. Jackolene is a step up further… being a strong monster on the battlefield with a strong entrance too.

I enjoy the occasional strong PvP monster, especially if they create a new team (e.g. Jackolene + Vinegazer). However, when it involves something like token disruption that’s going to create a very bad experience for people.

5 Likes

Yesss.
But wasn’t here on forum then

1 Like

A saber FL + Rhinoel, Motor, Jackolene

Chaotic. I wanna see someone testing that.

Only monster which can counter that is Bastia and it’s pretty rare.

Unfortunately Rhinoel won’t work with either Motor or Jackolene because of the fact that the opponent would have a better chance at exploding all the tokens at once with boxchomps

1 Like

Soon they will release a passive which prevents summoning on the opponents side of the field

2 Likes