Thoughts on Give Turn and Team Turn

I just wanted to know what the community thinks about the two moves.
I personally think that PVP now is at a point where too many battles are decided by whoever gets to use TT first.

What do you guys think about a PVP test without TT and GT?

Believe me, you’re not the only person here who entertains that fantasy. No give tunrning would leave so much more room for real strategy as opposed to surrounding a sweeper with the things and letting him regain turns nonstop. So it would certainly be rather nice if they weren’t around. Now that they are here though, there are a few problems with just outright banning it. Number one, it would be highly unfair for some people; imagine if someone’s only legends are, say, midasdragon, serapheon, and leogeist, and he can’t even bring any of them to the exhibition. That’s really going to set some people raging. The other problem is, that stun teams would absolutely dominate. My lineup, for example, involves a lot of stunning, and I sometimes manage to push my enemies as high as 600 seconds. If there’s no give turns, then they’re pretty much doomed to sit there until they die or maybe get sent/pulled back. But that opens up yet another problem, which is that the monsters that have send back and pull back will likely dominate the meta, since they actually have pretty much the only way to combat stun. Another guy that will dominate is Chronozeros, since there will be no leogeist to prevent stun effects, so he will pull off TS alls effortlessly. 

Now I’m not saying that give turn moves are the bane of the game’s existence, far from it. It does open up interesting possibilities, the problem is that right now it’s opening up far too many. It’s just like many, many other things in life- it’s great in small doses, but too much can be toxic. The devs just need to keep this mechanic much more firmly in check in the future.

It is kind of necessary in order to counter stun. As it is actually one of the most powerful strategies in the game when left unchecked. Back at the beginning of the game it was silly. So devs ended up overnerfing a little bit. Then chrono killer came along and it is almost in the right place. The new monster should make stun, TT, and GT all in balence.

Most battles come down to who can team turn first or who can give turn too the team turner. Pvp isn’t as fun as it use to be, same strategies for all.
But next event perhaps no team turners or perhaps just one give turn allowed, would make it more interesting

Devs have thought of ways to counter this the new meta will move away from TT leads just have to wait also there are ways to counter it for now

If you have the right characters to counter yeah, was away and missed Chrono killer so have no counter

Chrono Killer doesn’t take out any Legendary TT and it usually doesn’t get more than one or two turns. It helps, but it won’t be enough to resuce the problem. If anything, it will just change from whoever use TT first to whoever use Chrono Killer first. You are solving a problem by creating another one.

Many monsters become extremely powerful when you can give it two turns in a row, for example Ziberius’ Double Retribution, Raven’ Double Bloodcrave, Bane’s Double Poison Eater, not too mention Desperate Strike All that you can kill 12 monsters in a 2 GT scenario.

They are limiting strategies by allowing the same monster to have multiple turns in a row. ATM the only strategy is stopping the opponent’s TT or use yours first.

Tt should not be useable in the first 200 this should solve the problem

It would solve one problem, but create another: shocking entrance in 5 would be a huge problem.

Or give people with leo and assasinate a huge advantage…

Well, you already have a free turn killer monster while still asking for more?

There are still many problems that the devs need to worry about and solve like freezing game in the middle of a winning pvp that turn into a loss (happen many times to me – the opponent rage quit or sth) and other bugs.

Stop creating a new one and let them concentrate on more important issues, please people FFS.

Without improving balence the game will stop being fun. They are working on pvp. They have already fixed numerous bugs already. The death revenge going through soul shield and the death revenge not going off before roaring entrance going off are fixed to name a few.

Networking is one of the hardest things to program. Give them a break. Pvp has improved a huge amount since its first release.

It is not that difficult to program if a players disconnected == lose, when app closes == lose.

Anyway, dev have give us chrono killer, now what else y’all want? a chrono killer all?

This game is meant to be fun for money spenders and old players –> new players need to work for it (it will be fun eventually) not to adjusting to them instead (at least for pvp).

I myself have hard time doing pvp when I started the game, people are hard to satisfy really. 

Also, The argument of everything should be fun for everyone is peanut, Not everything is meant for everyone. 

I didn’t say it should be fun for everyone. I only said that it would stop being fun for a bunch of people if they don’t worry about game balence.

What we want is a solution to a problem with legend TT that is that the person that gets their TT off first wins. No one likes that at all. Searguard can’t one-shot legend TT. We want a monster that can, because anything with chrono killer will paint a huge target on its head like searguard already does.

The problem with networking is: how do you detect a disconnect? It looks like to me that their code that detects a disconnect has a very specific criteria for giving someone a loss because of a disconnect. There is probably something that happens mid- fight that ends up triggering said code and immediately giving a disconnect. So the question is: how hard is it to find one very specific set of events that ends up disconnecting someone even though they haven’t actually disconnected? Very hard. Give them a break. It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Keep in mind that when programming a game you literally have to tell the computer how to do anything that isn’t basic math. Some people have created a lot of things that can help make it simpler, but it still takes a long time to code/debug something.

that’s why, Give them a break. Not saying that you guys can not do this kind of stuff but the issue of disconnecting which is apparently VERY hard is bigger than anything else. They need to start prioritising stuff. Give them time to digest primary food for survival first. 

Maintaining monster balances can be later on. 

Please, Solve the larger ones first so as not to upset pvp players. After, everything works well, they can proceed to digest some snacks.

Another thing to think about is that they _have_ to make content for their players. Because otherwise they can’t live off of their game. If that happens then the bugs don’t matter as there won’t be anyone working on the game anymore.

I get what you are saying, but if they prioritize fixing bugs over making new content/balencing the game, the game will die. So bugs kind of get shelved a little bit. They are working on them though. So it isn’t like they are lazy/ignorant.

The problem with their way of balancing the game causes balancing issues in other parts of the gamevor just shufts the balance.

You don’t need Chrono really there are other ways but meta is changing and soon legend TT will be risky to use

The thing you have to understand is that not everyone in the development team does everything. They have artists and coders etc separate, because they know how to do their job. So just because new stuff is cowing out does not mean that bugs are not being worked on. Theye could drop everything and work on bugs but I doubt it would be fixed any faster.

I just feel them sometimes asking to fix many things, you know and people keep complaining like every time kinda sucks too for them imo.

Hopefully bigger problems are their focus first and also hire more coders. 

Neomonster if you do not have enough coders, i am willing to help –> i am good at programming (C, C++, Java, Arduino) :smiley: