Think twice about spending your money

Just got done spending $40 on the pack for the festival egg rolls and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I strongly advise you to not make the same mistake that I have, the “increased chance” is cods-wallop and a way for you to spend more of your hard-earned cash on this.

Don’t be dumb like me and spend real money on this game unless you want to spend hundreds for the possibility of a single legend.

Just got done spending $40 on the pack for the festival egg rolls and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I strongly advise you to not make the same mistake that I have, the “increased chance” is bs and a way for you to spend more of your hard-earned cash on this.
Don’t be dumb like me and spend real money on this game unless you want to spend hundreds for the possibility of a single legend.

The chance of a legend in a festival egg is 1 in 18 or so in theory you’d need 90 gems for 1 legendary. That’s all I gotta say :slight_smile: it can be frustrating not landing a legend after spending a lot of money, trust me I know, plus no one is forcing anyone to spend money, you should know the risks / odds and accept that chances are you’re not going to get a legend, it’s why when you do get one its super exciting

Im waiting legend for 3 month but no luck, at least i got 2 team turner 3 desperate double, and i got unwanted friend just by now

It might be worth it to restart and re roll

I presume these odds are use based odds not given ones.

yeah, some people might get better odds some will get worse

it’s super random, I’ve got 2 legendaries from the 25 or so eggs I’ve bought since I started playing.

I’m a level 45 and don’t have a legend just 2 five stars ( not including my starters)

keep farming the starters to ultra evolve them all. soon u can use them as ingridient to create a legendary

I think that, all in all, such as most mobile games these days, neo monsters isn’t focused on the small time buyer. It doesn’t want to give u a legendary for 5 or 10 bucks. It gives absurd odds to get one and asks ludicrous  prices for gems, so that only people with either a nice bankroll or a lack of common sense spend multiple times more than the little guys. Neomonsters, and most other games, bank on these people, and profit the most from it. 

I mean, seriously, the prices for what you get (not mentioning that you most often get dupes) are totally unbalanced.

The thing is, is that once companies learn that if they cater to both the low and high spender then they will earn way more money then just catering to the high spender. This includes neo monsters. If I could buy something for 5-10$ that would improve my team then I would have done that many times over. But curently they have gotten 0 out of my wallet because 5-10 will get me nothing in this game.

The fact is you may still get nothing after spending $300-400, like me.

I think their current model is more easily sustainable; if they made it so you could repeatedly purchase something to strengthen your team, then people who spent more would become so ridiculously overpowered, there’d be no point in spending for anybody else.

With their current model, everybody, including F2P players and relatively new players stand a chance, encouraging people to at the very least, purchase the game.

Look at hearthstone, they made it so that for 3 dollars, one can get something that people feel is worth their money. But if you want to have the best deck asap you can spend 1000 to get it.

Now look at neomonsters. The power difference between epics, superepics, and legends is so huge that $4 for 1 spin is not worth it. It is clear that they made all but a few epics as filler monsters. And they made multiple of each. They don’t even have anything that will make sure that your money is well spent. Simply luck. It takes an undefined amount of money to get legends. The only difference between them is that they exclude the low spender.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game but I feel like they are excluding 99% of the population with their monetization system. More people = more money IF you can convince them that their money is well spent.

It just makes me feel. . . Excluded.

I am F2P myself, but I have to agree that they do neglect the low spender.

However, I feel as though if they had paywalls or anything of the sort restricting content, it would raise some opposition.

Personally, I don’t feel as though spending $3 for an arena run in Hearthstone is worth it when I can earn the gold for free, and the fact that once the run is over, the money I spent is gone, with few lasting benefits.

I believe that paying in Neo Monsters merely speeds up your progress, and I would be sorely disappointed if the truth is otherwise.

Honestly, I believe that anybody with the game but no IAPs are considered low spenders, having already spent $1 on the game.

Now, if the game were free, I wouldn’t complain about getting a buff for paying low amounts of money. But as is, I don’t feel as though it would be fair to push people without IAPs behind everybody else, with no hopes of catching up.

The $0.99 that you pay to play the game is negligible compared to the amount you have to pay for gems.

With pvp coming the game will end up tuning into p2w with some strategy mixed in.

There don’t have to be paywalls. I didn’t say that they had to make anything like that. I am just saying that they shouldn’t exclude anyone that doesn’t have a really, really, really deep wallet. They actually lose money by doing this. It isn’t in their best interest.

I want to be able to pay the amount I want to get a satisfying amount based on the amount I pay. You can only get something that is worth the money once you pay $80+. I don’t have that kind of money. So you are making nothing off of a potential customer.

@Devs go look at the numbers. Look at how many people play your game vs how many pay for legends. A LOT of those people that don’t pay would be willing to pay some if you made something that catered to them. Plus you don’t even have to exclude the high spenders.

thats why i like my arena idea so much which i posted a few days ago. for a small amount(like one gem) u could play a competitive mode which contains every mon and there is still some strategy and teambuilding.

another alternative would be a pvp mode with a max number of legendarys. for example 3 legendarys and then u have to adapt from there. but i guess decissions are always based on how much money u can make with it.

The point is that the devs need to think about it. The community has a lot of good ideas, but the devs still need to put them in to make a difference. They said something about drafting, maybe that will be good. The Ideas are great but the devs still need to listen.
The devs can’t make 500$ off of everone who plays the game. So they should stop designing everything around that assumption.

Target the low spender and you will get their money.

if there’s every monster in the game the same strays would start to appear or like only 1-5 different ones

Devs created a great money generator but it will burn out in the end and then they will try to create another game similar ideas but it will fail - they will lose their core customers for sure over next few months. It’s a shame the odds weren’t a little better. Foolish. Still good game tho. Just not gonna get my money - I’m gonna donate it to charity now instead :wink:
Done with spending any more money on Neo Monsters.