The ultimate challenge bug?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but my protection monsters always get taken out with one hit. No matter which protection monster I use the same happens. The opponent sometimes has the same protection monster but it takes me multiple hits to beat it. Anyone else seen this? it’s starting to bug me !!

The enemies in UC get buffed the higher you go. You should also have noticed your ordinary hits in general on any of their monsters do reduced damage and they have more health you have to slog through.

Ok thanks that makes sense although hard !

It’s most obvious in UC because there is no real upper limit of how high you can go, so you end up experiencing buffs that are even higher than those found at the end of other events or the offline story. There are some ridiculous buffs in play at the highest-achieved tiers.

For example, this is a video of a fight against the level 600 Gatekeeper that JRAlthouse did 2 UC’s ago:

That was ridiculous lol I watched step by step, took forever but that’s one hell of a combo

Yeah that is rediculos. He has the perfect monster setup. I have crap and have paid money to get it. It seems the rich keep getting richer in these events. If you have a strong crew you will do well thus making your crew even stronger. I am ranked 250 right now with a mediocre crew. I will most likely finish between 400-700 as that is where I usually finish. I have 2 6 stars one is the nebolronix which is junk, the other is the shadow hunter. Not the best but when things work out well it can do some damage. I don’t know. Just complaining. I guess I should get better or get over it.

How long you have been playing matters a lot as well. JRA has been around since first release of NM, as have I and several of the other higher ranked players. I’m sitting permanently in rank 125-175 myself. This means we’ve had more free egg rolls and event mons, as well as more time to craft strats and learn the exact mechanics of the AI in its decision-making processes. It’s no surprise that the ones who solved the age old conundrum of speed variance were the oldest players as well.

And someone will always have a better team than you, there are enough players in this game that even if no one spends, the RNG will shine on few individuals that will get all the right rolls for a sleep team, stun team, DD/TT team, the nerfed ZibKong team, etc.

I’m 101 in UC

So, the higher you get in UC you have to fight a full line of Legends that take half the damage and deliver twice the damage; maybe more. Seems fair. Seems fair… I guess I have to wait until my ranking drops or continue to get decimated. Stinks…

That’s not even that bad. Get up past 200 and things have over 4x your stats. Poison touch takes half your health. 1 epic AoE puts everything to HG or death. Skipping when poisoned takes out massive chunks of HP, etc.