The answer to shockers, Motor and Gazer.

Lots of discussion happening recently around Motor, Gazer and Shockers. I don’t want to see any of them nerfed, but Motor and Gazer have no real counter. (I have Gazer).

Avia can prevent motor from Knockback next, Motor can repulse Duscy and Gazer is there for the passive mostly too. I suggest we need “showstopper”. A passive that negates entrance skills. That way

Motor and Gazer finally have a counter.
Shockers might not need to be nerfed?
People may not be reliant on Coverters/ absorbers in the front line as they could in this instead - more variety.
That means that this might pave the way for stun, but not through passives, but moves such as Raizen, Oak etc

I know this passive will be very powerful, so perhaps it has a serious draw back. Either limited use (1 or 2 only) or the monster takes damage each time it stops an entrance, like novadrake when it attacks. Maybe it just dies I don’t know.

Atleast this way nothing has to be nerfed and Motor and Gazer have a real counter.

Thoughts are welcome :blush:

1 Like

When did they lose their counters. How are people still losing to them?

1 Like

There are loads of counters to shells. I don’t think the argument “Motor can repulse XXX” should be used to discount all these monsters which deal with shells. Also, it’s not like the two shells Motor creates wins you the game or anything… it just gives you a bit of tempo and allows you to more easily counter the opponent’s FL. You also have to remove Motor from your team otherwise you’ve just lost all the tempo gain it gave you.

Motor is nicely balanced now.

Deathgazer still remains one of the strongest end-game monsters that kind of breaks some things by pushing slow monsters forwards by 50s. However, the monster is restricted to the end-game only and it’s far from giving a guaranteed win… it’s just very powerful.

As for shockers… tonnes of counters to stun easily accessible in the game. It’s been discussed in the thread started by the Devs and my standpoint is we do something about pullback + strong entrance passive by making them “XXX first entrance” so they only trigger the first time that monster enters the battle.

I think “showstopper” as a passive would be an incredibly powerful and boring thing to have in the game. I personally don’t like passives which completely turn off other monsters, like time freeze.

2 Likes

I like the idea of showstopper. But only if it negated both teams.

4 Likes

You forgot the confused Swaggy P meme @ILAGaLOT

Motor is fine as it is. Dusc single handy handle him. Regalia messes him up too. Now gazer is a problem still. I been using him midgame instead of endgame and it so much benefit it’s crazy. I think increasing his passive to 300 sec instead of 250 will help out

1 Like

@Lucrayzor what do you think

I use Duscy to counter it but I find it just repulses him though