Super Epic Ideas

You may remember a while ago on how I made the suggestion that the remaining three star monsters on the islands get Super Epic forms as a means to give newcomers and veterans some new toys to play with. Since I’ve come to the conclusion that as someone with less PvP experience than a majority of the forum users, I won’t be putting in my two cents on tier changes and instead post my thoughts on potential Super Epic forms for the monsters that need one. As this will be a fairly hefty suggestion, I’ll be splitting it up into two posts. As always, you’re free to express your opinions in the comments on whether or not you agree with my idea.

Catobledus: Serving as a players first Protector Killer provided they didn’t get one from the egg, it stands to assume that a lot of players have some nostalgic memories with this monster. Regarding it’s Super Epic form, an ideal moveset would be similar to that of the 5* Twinkillers with Gigaquake (All), Protector and Sleep Killer, as well as a unique move called Life Killer (Deals critical damage to foes with a skill or passive that alters a monster HP, such as Lifeflip Self or Heal All). It’s not because a counter is needed for those moves, but because it makes the monster stand out from the crowd. As for passives I think that either Roaring Entrance or an immunity would be sufficient enough.

Chainhorn: Now this was the one monster I was hesitant on giving a new form to, mainly because it can lead to some potent combos with Carapasca. Regardless, I won’t leave it out of the discussion. A Super Epic form of the monster could have either Zealous Attack or Piercing Blow, Bloodcrave, ELEM Accelerate, and ELEM Healing Light, though it that’s a bit too much than a single use heal would be sufficient. As for a passive, Harden Carapace would fit in well with the monsters thematic and grant it some much needed defense, especially when paired up with the previously mentioned Carapasca.

Demihorus: Another tricky mon to propose ideas for, mainly because it can lead to more broken combos with sleep. A potential moveset for this monster would be Ultralux, Sleep Double, Dreamhunt and a new move call Purifying Sleep Bomb (Purifies all monsters on the field before sacrificing the user to sleep all monsters on the field). It may not sound that great, but it’s a free sleeper so it’s to be expected. As for passives, Poison Immunity would work well with its new move though Stun Immunity isn’t out of the picture.

Dreadgar: A while ago this monster received a neat buff in the form of Deicide, a potential sign of things to come. Regarding a new Super Epic form I propose to make it a full-on sweeper with Deicide, Bloodthirst, Timestrike and either Slayerbane or Retribution. For a passive it could have Stunning Entrance to synergize with Timestrike. A fairly short suggestion, but it was one of the easier ones to come up with.

Goldenhorn: This hefty critter worked as a Survivor mon, so I intend to maximize it’s potential. A Super Epic form would have a moveset consisting of Ultraflame, Aggressive Survivor (Survivor, but pierces through Hold Ground and Shields) Protector Conversion into Humpflare and Lifeflip Unlimited. Protector Conversion may seem like an odd choice, but it can give it some breathing room to charge up its main move. As for passives, the one that suits it best would be Hold Ground, making it a budget Galliodragon.

(Part two coming soon)

1 Like

(continued from part two)

Haniwel: If memory serves me well, this monster use to be the sole wielder of HP Sharing, at least until Shivadragon was introduced. To keep with it’s supportive role, its stats would need to reflect on that, and it’s moveset needs a bit of tweaking. An idea I had is Assisted Nova (All), Purify, Give Turn and HP Sharing, with either Auto Protect or Sleep Immunity as a passive. That way it can breath some new life into a once popular monster while modifying it to ensure it can keep up with the supporters of today.

Infernowyrm: Without a doubt the one monster who I feel deserves a Super Epic form the most, this critter has played a vital role in some of my very first teams. Keeping to it’s initial design, my idea for its moves would be Gigaflame, RAW Timecrush, Stun Flash and Attack Boost All (Increases the attack of all monsters on your field by 25%). As for passives, while it already has one, I could see it getting buffed to Poison All Revenge without being too overpowered.

Lavacroc: I have this cool idea where it could work in tandem with Ahuizard, so I hope you like it. My idea for Lavacroc’s Super Epic form will have Catapult, Taunt, LINK Summon Minions and Sacrifice Heal, enabling the player to properly utilize Ahuizard’s RAW Throw. As for passives, Lavacroc could gain Twin Entrance to provide further synergy with its new partner in crime.

Megalorex: The idea I have for this monster is to make it a budget Oniblade, given that it’s moveset is pretty bleh for the most part. It’s ideal form will have Reckless Attack, Dreamhunt, Bloodcrave and One-on-One, making it one of the most dramatic changes from its Super Rare form. In terms of passives, I won’t give it Hold Ground as Oni already has it, but Single Sleep Revenge seems a bit more balanced without verging into overpowered territory.

Raijin: As this monster shares a near identical moveset with Seasteed, I opted to try and differentiate the two so that they can stand out from each other, much like Thorhoof and Megamummat. For it’s Super Epic moveset, I figured the best plan of action would be to give it Assisted Bolt, Repulse, Stun Bomb and ELEM Accelerate, to give it some synergy with the stun-happy Storm type. As for its passive, I’m on the fence between giving it Stunning Entrance and Stun Immunity.

Seasteed: For the final monster to go over today, it’ll have a similar but different moveset from it’s counterpart. It’s Super Epic moveset will have Assisted Splash and ELEM Accelerate like it’s counterpart, however to differentiate from it, it will have Knock Back and a new move called Daunt Burst (Sacrifices the user to increase the seconds of your opponents monsters by 120sec. This skill does not count as a Stun skill). This last move might be controversial given how new Daunt is to the game, hence why it’s got less seconds than Stun Burst. As for a passive, Sleep Immunity seems just about fine so that’s what I’m gonna go for.

That concludes my ideas for new Super Epic monsters, I thank you all for reading my proposals.

3 Likes

Wonder what the designs might look like

lavacroc 5 star form should have the exact same moveset as gear croc, just with fire element

2 Likes

Catobledus:
While I love the idea, I think it’s best if they steer away from giving monsters SE forms that will be too close to the standard ones from eggs. It defeats the point of the monsters from the eggs if everyone gets better versions for no gems at all and if the island SEs are not better they’ll have very limited use. The unique 3* monsters are the ones which should get a 5* version I think, or at least switch the moveset to be something unique.

Chainhorn:
Sounds good!

Demihorus:
Sleep double feels way too strong for a super epic everyone gets. Maybe make it 160TU sleep double (50%), think like Elmowraith’s Link 130TU sleep double (60%) but a bit weaker. Or maybe make it a 160TU sleep all (30% / 35%) like a weaker version of the legendary sleep all moves. Then give it poison immunity and shield entrance.

Dreadgar:
Lovely, with Deicide TU reduced to more like 160TU or 200TU I imagine? Stunning entrance might be a little strong considering its good speed and sweeping power. Maybe stunning revenge instead?

Goldenhorn:
Looks good, a nice pay-off for building around survivor since it has very little to offer other than the survivor (on flavour there).

Haniwel:
I think you rushed this one a little… sleep immunity + purify and give turn + 94% speed. Keeping it supportive but no hold ground sounds good.

Infernowyrm:
This does sound really quite powerful. Attack boost all is something that hasn’t really been done properly besides 100TU single target buffs (enrage teammate / vile rage). I don’t think it’s a good thing to throw into this monster, especially on a monster with 67% speed. I think focusing on a piercing/fast/powerful timestrike with extra bits like a stun flash, chrono killer or maybe both.

Megalorex:
Bloodcrave sounds too strong and single sleep revenge is often like a more powerful death revenge. Not sure how best to do a budget Oniblade but I like the concept.

Raijin:
Sounds good, repulse with stun bomb is nice.

Seasteed:
Sleep immunity would definitely make this OP, considering it allows you to set up with OoO then use a 120s daunt that is almost impossible to counter as you bring a new monster into the field.

As a general thing, I reckon it would be a good idea to unlock the ability to ultra evolve these monsters at a certain point. Getting so many super epics when you’re new to the game could be unbalanced and it takes away from the epics quite a lot. I’m not sure how they could make it so you “unlock” the ability to ultra evolve these. Maybe making them all take a new ingredient which you get from the Moalith event.

4 Likes

They can just charge a fee for each one. 5$ each

1 Like

Fair point, I completely forgot about that. Perhaps they could be “unlocked” after defeating the Atrahasis boss battle.

2 Likes

The Atrahasis boss battle is still a bit too early I think, plus locking their evolutions would have to be specially coded in unless you put it as a unique ingredient.

Btw, on second thought I think a couple of the above monsters should be redesigned for niche use that is viable late-game too. Besides a couple being too strong in an area or two these are almost all simply amplified versions of their 3* versions. I think we could get more creative adding link or passives like stun absorb to give a couple of these specific use.

1 Like

My initial thought process was to amply their initial moveset so that they don’t stray too far from their roots, while being able to hold their ground. You raise a good point about sprinkling in a few more LINK/RAW type conditions.

1 Like

i really love demihorus, it evolution could be called demigod, and it should be an amazing combo with rosempress

1 Like

Demihorus and Rosa combo. My very first strategy in this game !

1 Like