Suggestions

I like this potions idea, I can support this concept, this is a good concept!

There should also be potions that upgrade attack, speed, defense, etc. for a single game.

Not a bad thought. Not sure how it would work though…

You say activate the potion when your not in a match, the next match you go into the potion’s effects are on.

It should not be for PVP.  I have seen this be abused.  If potions can be bought, then the advantages go to those with the most money.  Always a bad idea.  Please stay away from “Pay to Win”.   Please.  

IMHO, the best money making ideas are those that are totally optional but highly desirable.  Maybe to extend monster vault space, shorter recovery times, decorations to personalize monsters.  Geomon had the notion of Personas.  90% of them were simply different colored stock images of their monsters, but they sold a lot.  

1 Like
  1. I intended the Potions to say into singleplayer.

2. I’m never a fan of those perks to get money, as for extended monster vault space, that could also be considered Play to win.  A player is able to have more monsters on the battle field because they paid… not the best idea for balance.

Ok… I could see that but what would reasonable pricing be for said potions… And moreover what would said potions (beside health) be?

Well for price they devs would have to decided.  Other potions could be; attack damage, defense, stuff like that.

So… not everyone want to hear about the game before release, but still be active at this forum. How about giving the beta testers a private thread to write about the game between just themselves and one thread for those who do want spoilers? Me, myself and I don´t want spoilers spreading like a disease on this forum, because I want the game to feel fresh at release if I don´t get invited to the beta. I don´t think I am the only one with this oppinion, but it´s just a suggestion. 

I suggested that earlier yesterday but the admins seem to be busy…they should see it in due time

I thought I recall the developers mentioning they don’t want potions in the game, because then you would only need “three monsters” with a bunch of potions. They want to push for using a larger variety of monsters.

Well it depend on the type of spoiler. Some ruin stuff for you like: showing the first town would. And other get you pumped, for instance: them telling us there will be 250+ monsters. Gives you more too look forward too. So I like spoilers just not the game anticipation ruining ones!

Well as PRED said we can have status potions and in no way was i intending to push the 3 monsters thing, rather I think potions would, if implemented, affect each and every monster in the party. Like say the best potion was: Heal 25% and it cost 50 gold. That might be that last “oomph” you need to make it through a dungeon.

Ah, I think they would especially consider such an idea especially when it has mention of gold :wink: it’s a great idea though, a win-win situation for both parties :slight_smile:

I did put a lot of thought into it and I think they would like it as well, thanks for the support!

Well as PRED said we can have status potions and in no way was i intending to push the 3 monsters thing, rather I think potions would, if implemented, affect each and every monster in the party. Like say the best potion was: Heal 25% and it cost 50 gold. That might be that last “oomph” you need to make it through a dungeon.

Potions take out from the strategy requirements for the game. If you run into a situation where you can’t get to the end of the dungeon, you could look at it in a few ways (assuming this is a dungeon for max level monsters and you have max level monsters):

1. You need better positioning of monsters in your team, or different monsters, or different use of abilities, or something similar.

2. You need to use a potion.

In the first option, it would require you to re-think strategy, while in the second option it only requires you spending virtual money.

The potions were never meant to be game breaking, only that if you need a little bit of help in an area that is hard, it could give you a different way of beating it. 

Thread unlocked.

You may continue with your suggestions

Please keep it civil if you do debate topics.

We’re adults here. Lets act like it

Instead of a health potion, why don’t we just get “monster food” :healthy and delicious.

How about this for potions?

1. Potions will only restore HP of one monster
  2. There won’t be any that restore all lost HP (unless say you were to use one that restored 50 HP and you’d taken 49 damage) only a fixed amount
  3. Using a potion forces you to skip a turn so only 1 monster can be healed per turn and that monster could then be attacked by your opponent causing you to lose HP again

I was thinking maybe going a more Pokemon route for the potions, as in they could be used to stop ill effects on your monster. This is assuming that there will be similar attacks as there were in DIB such as sleep and poison.

You could only purchase the potions at the shop in a town with accumulated currency (whether this will stay as silver an gold or whatever), if it stays as silver and gold as currency like in DIB I would suggest each potion maybe cost 75 silver. There wouldn’t be any to raise attack or health or defence, but there would be some to be used in battle to cure your monster.

So, say you’re fighting a monster and that monster uses an attack that puts your monster(s) to sleep, you could click on your character and a menu would appear with your potions inventory. You would drag the potion for curing sleep onto the monster that was asleep and it would wake them up, but it would also have a minor negative effect of maybe adding 50-100 ticks to the Monsters attack.

This makes sense I think, as realistically, you wouldn’t be up for fighting having just been woken up so a delay would make sense.