Suggestions for Team

Hey I saw that people could ask for help regarding team builds in this forum, and it’s what brought me to the door. I’m pretty interested in being apart of this community, but I still need help. First off, I will make a list of all my monsters (Epic to Legendary) I have. Then, I will list my team in order. If I could get some feedback on how to adjust my team for better optimization/strategy I would appreciate it. Preferably with explanations so i can begin to understand good strategies in the game. Within a few days I will be getting my first omegamid with the Super Power-Up Event. I would like suggestions on which of my legendaries to upgrade first as well.

Legendaries (Keep in mind these are all pre-Ultra forms):

Tridrake(Tridrakhan), Necrowing(Shadowyrm), Lavahawk(Lavaronix), Freeznix(Nebelronix), Revenarc(Revenarchion), Tiamad(Tiamazus)

Super-Epic(Some evolved others not, gonna list in current form):

Geowolf, Chronox, Lunadrake, Lavamander, Hydrowyrm, Mobyroid, Mechadino, Mossgoliath, Armavolt, Coldheart, Guardsbane, Golgerock, Dualwyrm,  All Starters with one ultra-evolution finished(4/5 stars)

Epics

All Six Trial monsters, Frostknight, Brontoblue, Cruiserfish, Gulper, Volcagarmr, Shivotra, Osiriswyrm, Jumboid, Spidel, Soltusk, Beetlebrave, Minoblast, Megarex, Tedfiend, Seacoil, Ironheart, Clockguard, Desiosuar, Mastobone, Dahargan, Nilox, Goldius

Safe to assume I have all catchable monsters, if I don’t have one iIcould go get it.

My Current Team(Cost 119/126)(Monster/Cost):

1.Necrowing/8

2.Mossgoliath/10

3.Shivotra/6 (May upgrade this or Clioangel(slot 6) soon for give turn and swap them out)

4.Revenarc/8

5.Armavolt/10

6.Clioangel/6

7.Mobyroid/7

8.Tiamad/8

9.Tridrake/8

10.Lavahawk/8

11.Golgerock/10

12.Guardsbane/7

13.Freeznix/8

14.Coldheart/7

15.Hydrowyrm/7

16.Moji/1

IMO, i think my first 4-6 are really solid, Revenarcs Timestrike/Double Bloodcrave and Necrowings Twin Killer/Bloodthirst are pretty good to get things rolling while Mossgoliath and Armavolt protect/stealth them and Shivotra and Clio keep everything alive. Mobyroid is a good opener into poisions I think with Tiamad keeping it rolling and Tridake having venom twin killers. Lavahawk is generally used to keep Tiamad rolling with Golgerock to keep Lavahawk alive until 400sec megabomb. Guardsbane does same purpose as golgerock but can pack a punch aswell, Freeznix and Coldheart are to get Hydroworm potential for assited hits and freeznix death revenge has clutched fights for me aswell. Moji could be moved around, Wolfrozen could be subbed for coldheart pretty easily. It is safe to assume all monsters on my team of 16 are fully trained, others will need youth-fruit training though. Looking for any and all tips!!!

Then as far as Legendaries go,Revenarchion is who I would want first, Revenant strike to keep bloodcrave going, but Tridrakhan and Revenarchion require Vorabook to Evolve, so not gonna happen any time soon. IMO Necrowing is fine as-is and wont benefit from evo as much, but I could be wrong. Tiamazus Knock-Back and stun immunity looks really good, Lavaronix looks good for shutting down a stun team, but Nebelronix looks good for tanking hits and the death revenge so I just don’t know, any tips here as well? Who knows how long it could be until I get another Omegamid, Extreme Master Challenge Battle looks  impossible for me to beat.

Also any tips regarding beating master/extreme challenge battle would be greatly appreciated. I’ve played this game less than a month and I am still pretty new to theorycrafting.

Thanks in advance,

Blue x3x

*Edit 1: Added Dual Wyrm and changed Max Cost due to hitting level 50

First 4-6: huge problems with enemy Shadowyrms and assassinaters.

You seem to have a good understanding of monsters and what they do. But you don’t have a very good understanding of opportunity cost. You have 2 protectors in your first 6 monsters. I am not necessarily saying this is a bad thing, but think about what else you could do instead. What if you moved him up in front? You have 2 stun absorbers. Both of which are purifiers. Having 2 stun absorbers is a bad thing because if a stunning entrance comes in then both will get stunned to rediculous levels. Replacing one with guardsbane would open up offensive capabilities in the frontline and then you could have stun protection later in the game. You could swap out the one in the frontline entirely for galvbane to help set up revanarc. You have no way to set up revanarc in your current frontline. So the slot is being wasted and you are losing out on the opportunities that you could have if you focused on setting him up. When you upgrade him then you will have a somewhat unreliable way to set him up. Necrowing relies entirely on having a sleeper or protector in the front to do anything.

Lavaronix does 2 things. 1. He helps protect against stun. 2. He accelerates the killing speed of other monsters to absurd levels. Meaning that you can frontline him due to his amazing defensive stats. 1 thing I see people do wrong with him is try to set up him megabomb. There is only 1 monster you should try to do that with right now and that is warca. He is garbage right now. If you don’t focus on keeping lavaronix alive then you can have a lot of opportunities to sweep the enemy team rather then spend a lot of resources trying to protect the lavaronix.

Go apply these things to your team and then come back and tell me what you came up with. Then I will give you more advice.

“You could swap out the one in the frontline entirely for galvbane”

-I do not have galvbane, I have all starters with one single ultra evo(4/5 stars), my team was not good enough to to chambers of the monolith last time, a problem I am trying to fix through this :slight_smile: I have no monsters who can clearly set up  revenarc right off the bat, generally i just wait for an enemy to use a big hitter (250s) and kill them and he is rolling. Which for PvP purposes may be flawed, but for PvE works out great because AI always uses big hitters. 

When I moved Lavawing and Guardsbane to the front, it made the first 6 look like

1.Necrowing

2.Guardsbane

3.Lavawing

4.Revenarc

5.Shivotra(Could swap for Clioangel)

6.Mossgoliath

My problem with this is that there is no concrete tank protecting Revenarc and Necrowing, which in my mind makes the whole first four a lost opportunity because its harder to get blood rolling because Necro and Reven can get hit by everything, and lose stealth protection, purify for sleep/poison, and protection from knockback. So even if they do get rolling it wont last as long.

A front 6 of 

1. Necro

2. Reven

3. Lavahawk

4. Mossgoliath

5. Clioangel

6. Guardsbane

Could work out well but then it still doesn’t fix the problem of the last 8 being generally inconsistent.

You have a stun bomber, that is good enough to set up revan.

I misunderstood, I thought you had galvbane. Get him ASAP.

Don’t swap shivotra for clioangel. Clioangel is holy type and is weak to dark, but isn’t strong against any type. Shivotra is weak to fire, but is strong against thunder. So it is better than clioangel.

Another concept you need to understand is tempo. Gaining a tempo means to gain an extra move over your opponent. At the start of the game, often the aim of the frontline is to gain a tempo over the opponent. Gaining a tempo means that you will have more options and you will be able to more easily control the game. Lavaronix gives you an extreme amount of extra tempo when he uses TT and give turn.

I would recommend a frontline of:

Revanarc
Shadowyrm
Galvbane(I know you don’t have it yet, but think of this as an ideal frontline, use a stun bomber while you wait.)
Lavaronix
Mossgoliath(or similar)

You can see, this frontline aims to gain a tempo and then turn it into a huge material advantage. At this point it would be fine for some of your guys to die in order to bring in the midgame and be able to secure the win.

For example, my frontline takes 2 turns to gain enough of an advantage to kill 8 of the enemies monsters. That means that for my frontline, someone has to both take away a tempo, and gain the initiative in order to stop me. If you are wondering, my frontline looks like this:

Lavamane(uses cannibalize to kill himself off bringing in banedragon)
Lavaronix
Midasdragon(50% speed Give turn)
Sweetroll(stun absorb + overwatch)
Banedragon(toxic entrance + double poison eater)

This equals -1/2 of the enemies team if midas gets a turn and lavamane gets a turn unless they have a chromera, in which case I have a searguard waiting for it to gain a further advantage and a secured endgame.

The midgame’s purpose is to provide both damage mitigation for if you lose in the frontline, and a way to further gain an advantage and close out the game if you win.

The endgame’s purpose is to completely remove the enemy team’s options and gain some of your own. When you evolve chronox, he will gain timestrike all. Which is an extremely powerful move that can reset the battle and give you the advantage. Using it with a stun bomb is very effective. I do realize you don’t have it yet but these are examples.