Strategy guide to the current metagame

Current strategies: I’m mostly seeing army strategies, air being a common starter. Water, air, and earth army trios are popular. Ally strategies are especially common with guardiron. With iron hearts release, its not especially common due to its metal typing and the huge amount of metal slashers available.

Things to avoid:

Be careful. If you see two water arks come out, you can expect the next to be cryo or another water so try and avoid having them set up an army strategy.

Common starting lineups are mostly air based. Id reccomend sapherion plus another strong arkadion to take out the air. Using a destructor would work too, cyberwyrm is often in front so using dracobane would work great.

Metal arks. Dont use too many. Use 3 at most. If you are using metal arks, stay away from using Scorpionix (unless earth trio) and most other metals, the only ones I’d use are: guardiron ironheart minespider destructor.

Now let’s get into a greater depth.

What do you think your opponent will do?
Knowing this answer can easily make you win. Try and recognize their strategy and stop it.

Now there are a few different types of people:

Bad: they just randomly choose moves and hope it does something. Or just spam aoe.

Average: this is the level most people play at. They have basic strategies, a decent team. They are mainly sticking to one strategy, but have some flexibility according to the opponent

Advanced: these people are anticipating what you’ll do, and stopping you before you can get your strategies through. These types of people will be trying to anticipate your next move. A little less people then the ones in average play at this level.

Expert: these people are anticipating your moves, and guessing what you expect them to do. You think they are going to do one thing, but they lead you to think that while something else is going on instead then you lose thinking you had it in the bag. These lineups should move seamlessly from one strategy to another, and have several backup strategies just in case.

Synergy:

Your team needs synergy. Having just random arks put together and hoping for the best wont cut it. You need to be able to transition from one strategy to another and have a backup plan.

Example:

Raioh
Subzeratops
Cryowyrm
Chillqueen
Octoneer
Osiriswyrm
Golgemois
Scorpionix
Mossgolem.

Note the strategy going on here. Raioh is either killed or stun gifts, it makes no difference. Then subzeratops proceeds to use guardian, chain slow, or stampede depending on the situation. Cryowyrm comes in, using army water and chillqueen puts arks to sleep. If cryowyrm dies, you still have a chillqueen, subzeratops, and octoneer. Now you can just slow your opponent down, put them to sleep and xeno slash. Alternatively, you could plauge and no guard with subzy so it dies, and Osiris comes out to poison eat. If golgemois is killed, you still have fang break, leaving a buffed Scorpionix and Osiris and possibly Mossgolem. You can now heal with Mossgolem and poison eat.

This is an example of a flowing strategy, going seamlessly from one to another.

More to come

I beat you. :wink:

Yeah, i went on a losing streak this morning, a few opponents kept getting ba’s with Scorpionix and wrecked my team.

Well, your team is very vulnerable to Scorpionix to begin with. Your metal arks are spread out quite a bit throughout and on top of that, you have 5 of them.

Definately, I’m thinking of replacing Barry with subzeratops, or some other guardian. Or instead of gearwolf i could start with army flame, should be faster than vortexor and Scorpionix wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.

Subzeratops would be beneficial more so than Barry by quite a bit, because it’d prevent any Kami from using its Xeno move. The only other beneficial guardian I could think to put there, that’s been released, would be Goldenhorn, but you already utilized it elsewhere.

I edited the lineup, and added some combos.

I just fought twice with this and lost both time due to my opponents vegitiger getting a freakig 3 bonus actions and my opponent using a stun lock on me. Oh and did i forget to mention that stego got 1+ bonus actions every time?

frankly, im dissapointed in everyone on pvp right now using stun lock. All of the matches ive played today save for a few have used some form of stun skin, stego, heavy hitter. but, if you cant beat em, join em.

I played one guy and I DC because all his arks got exactly the right amount of BA to kill my arks, I think he was a hacker or something.

Now using a brute team thats doing fairly well

i just faced a team i couldve won against…but i slipped up at the end so after using no guard i used supernova instead of terminate…

YAAAY CRYOWYRM LINEUP!!

This is where I’ll be posting my current strategies, and how to use them. The title will have the most recent strategy.

The frozen trio:

This team is using cryowyrm, chill queen, and subzeratops as a main staple. Chill queen is something i find rarely in pvp, even though it is a great arkadion. Subzeratops is underused, but not to be underestimated.

Osiriswyrm
Octoneer
Vortexor
Triphoon
Raioh
Subzeratops
Cryowyrm
Chillqueen
Shadowstalker
Mine spider
Ark wing
Halopard
Vegitiger
Mossgolem
Omegawyrm

I like this line up, although I’d change the position of arkwing (there are stronger arks out there that can replace arkwing) and mossgolem. SS should also be placed somewhere in the beginning. SS should be used to control the pace of the game, which is the most important thing in PvP.

i agree about arkwing, it was mostly to fill space (i needed another heavy hitter)

mossgolem cant really be moved without messing up things, seeing as chillqueen can hypnotize and dream hunt and support cryowyrm. i could potentially move them all up, but then vortexor wouldnt be able to knock back stun.

im thinking about moving mossgolem after minespider, givving a last will to arkwing+healing shadowstalker or other arks that survived.

i made a slight change to the lineup, however i am not positive that vegitiger will be out with halopard if ss doesnt survive

Do you think that i should replace arkwing with snowja, and move it up after cryowyrm?

I think snowja is relatively weak at this moment now that you are very likely to face water arks. He can only do splash damage or if lucky metal slash. What about Typhonwyrm? Magma is good too but with this many water arks magma is less strong. Magma is now only effective against gigarock and vegitiger :slight_smile:

Typhoon is air, hydro maybe

Yes and because he is air so it’s make sense for him to replace arkwing at that spot. Hydro is too weak for pvp at this moment.

I am trying to tweak your set up now as I really like your starting three :slight_smile: so I ask for your permission here

sure, fine with me. i got the startin three from crystal a while ago

I agree with Winvestor. Snowja sucks a lot. Triphoon is very important in the current metagame. You should protect it as much as you can.

Hey eddster, I think that I faced you in master pvp and I thought that it was a hack… Oops. :cold_sweat: