Special PVP event !

You know the best monsers will be used.

BB and black peng will definitely be used by everyone who has them.

Not saying that there aren’t some horrible teams out there that can be created, but reading your idea for a FL it doesn’t sound too dangerous. Assuming there is no counter (Cyclo, OoO, Drako, etc) then you do AoE, detox blast [everything dies], AoE on the new monsters and Angelion will get a turn before the other person’s monsters do. However, it’s unlikely Banedragon will get a turn before the opponent’s monsters and you are left with 3 monsters on high-ish TU. They only need to kill your Angelion then you have a stunnable team. Even if they don’t manage to stun you, the monsters you’re left with (Bane, NR, Abyss) are ones that are very easy to leave alive while they kill the 4th monster in your team over and over because those three are not very threatening.

I think if that FL was used against top teams you’ll get the occasional easy win but lots would make a good comeback and beat it.

I’m so tired of your “against top bracket” / against top players” argument, you bring it up every single time and I don’t what this should tell me. I’m playing this game since the End of 2015, Ive been able to keep up with the best players of the game over all the years and I’ve been a part of the clan that basically was a club of the pvp top 10-15 for months. Ive finished Rank 34 last pvp and could have gotten higher easily if I would have had the time to play more matches. It’s not like i’m Writing down a team idea and I have no Idea how it will compete against “the top bracket” how you used to call it. So yeah lets assume you’re losing 5 monsters with bane not getting a turn in time (which is very unlikely from my experience and testing but hey, you’re the guide writing super expert). That’s half of your team. You can try to kill my monsters one after the other but as I said if those are DR Monsters, you won’t have a fun time doing it. And by the way. Leading by 5 monsters should be an advantage that every top bracket player knows to use for his advantage. Of course there are counters (actually many of them). My Intention wasn’t to say: Oh look, that’s the OP team nobody’s going to beat, all I wanted to say is that I’m very happy the meta shifted away from frontline dominance. But in a 10 Monsters pvp competition its very likely frontline dominance will be very important again which is something I don’t personally like to see

I didn’t mean any personal offence. When I read your original post I couldn’t tell if you were saying “this FL is unbeatable” or just suggesting a strong one that becomes a bit too good in a 10 monster team. Your statement “only problem is cyclozar” made me think maybe you were thinking it lacked counters. I wasn’t going to reply but when I got drawn back to the thread a couple of times by other people posting I decided I’d weigh in and say how I think it has a few more counters and how it opens you up a bit too much for the enemy team to make a comeback. The “in the top bracket” thing was just to stop anyone coming in and saying “but how could I ever do that because I don’t have all the monsters you guys do”, which people always seem to do if I don’t write the disclaimer of top bracket.

I’m sorry for winding you up with my post, please don’t get the wrong idea about me. I am totally with you in that a 5 monster lead is one of the best things you can go for in 10 monster PvP and that there are a number of monsters / combos which stand out a lot more when there are only 10 monsters, making it a little unbalanced compared to 16 monster PvP.

Ban pengunator !

1 Like

No you just gotta lead with 8 monsters whenpeng hits slayerbane all. It’s completely fair as you can see

1 Like

Oh piece of cake then !

Sorry If I sounded too aggressive or rude. Cyclo was the obvious counter because he would just kill abyss and then the whole frontline can’t do much that’s why I pointed him out. Of course there are several other counters too. I’m with you when we’re talking about the other points. I think we will see a lot of BBs, OoO and Frostmoroz Frontlines. Frost could really rise up again because people will focus more on combos and not so much on pure “destruction” frontlines as I call them like Shadowwyrm, cyclo, Dolph and galve would be one

Why everyone think this event will be different? Its gonna be the same as always. Most teams uses a 16 team with a synced start game and a sync end game, while the middle is about entrance control / momentum breaking / taking control. For 10 cost, you gonna see excatly the same fronts (or start games if you take thr first 5-7 spots), while the end game will be a combination of the normal end game strategies with the mids - taking control and break momentum with fast and big kills (fast monsters like roaring ones, momentum breaking monsters like peng and gazer, etc). People will just skip the middle part which usually involve a slow wall building for the end (geo, drako, shiva, etc). wont be that big of a change.

No worries, you got into lecturing and I realised I must’ve said something wrong! I was thinking lots last night about what people may be thinking about doing this next PvP and after a while decided I have no idea what we might see… I’ll just wait and have a look over the first week or two what people come up with. I’m not going with anything nuts or cruel myself, but I may be inspired later on to see what “destruction” I can cause.

I think you’re probably right iSegal. I had similar thoughts last night but decided that what I’m going to try out is ignoring the end-game strats and instead do front and mid or do one cohesive strategy. It’ll be fun to see if it works.

Yeah, I but I should have read my text again after a 5 minute break, calming downs and then should have come to the conclusion that my post indeed could’ve sounded like “despite cyclo this frontline is unbeatable” when I clearly wanted to bring the point of the frontline dominated matches across with this frontline just being an example.

I think I will go with what I’d really love to go with first. It’s something that doesn’t really work in the current 16 monsters meta but maybe this time it stands a chance.

@ItsSherlock you finished high this pvp, you’ve gotten a lot better Nevercore!

ROFL I change my opinion.
This 10v10 sucks hard… But extremely funny as well…
And match is hardly 1 minute…boooooooohoooooooo for this special rule !

And you need you change your team(remove that flareven)

Ye I’m experimenting.

1 Like

im enjoying the pace of it for sure

Im glad that they bring special rules to pvp back !

I enjoyed so far as well the special pvp.

• Short matches -> less grind needed. In the past events it takes so much time to spend all his 12 tickets if you have decent battles.
• rotation of standard pvp tactics bringing people out of their comfort zone to think about a new strategy or shorten their old ones.
• for people with less legendaries they can use their best ones without filling their team with B class monsters

Keep it up devs. I guess a stun immune or posion event might be interesting as well like the occult event

No protectors pvp anyone?