Shadowstalker Counter?

As the title says, Is there a counter against Shadowstalker?

Players complain about stego/charca combo but a team can be built to effectively counter it, but I can’t find a counter for Shadowstalker. I looked at every ARK hoping to find one that is faster than Shadowstalker that has either sleep, stun, or knockback but couldn’t find one. I mean it is a PVP game, therefore every ARK no matter the rarity should have a counter to make it balance.

So far there’s no effective counters. But mine spider could be one. Also there could be more completed ways like stun+no defense= almost OHKO shadow stalker…

Knock it back or use stun/stasis on it.

I normally don’t worry too much about shadowstalker anymore (used to, though), minespider can do the job, specially when protected by barricadus and another tank. Place minespider just after the 2 tanks as they will be very likely to stay alive when mine spider comes out and they can use guardian before. There are few arks that are able to take out minespider in those conditions (specially after metalize).

Other possible solution is to keep a strong AOE team of arks so you can always hit all the arks in the enemy lineup. Be sure to take out all the healers and arks with the sleeping ability before they can pair up with shadowstalker.

By itself it won’t do much damage and if the enemy tries to put your arks to sleep, it is very likely to put one of its own instead, so not a very smart move.

Apart from that is just very tanky and hard to kill, but without the right support arks it becomes quite useless. Just AOE the whole enemy lineup and it will eventually die.

Not worrying about a shadowstalker isn’t the best idea. As an avid user of one myself I know exactly how devastating it can be in the right hands, so the idea should be to take it out as soon as possible, before it gets boosted in some way and becomes very hard to kill.

The method above is a good one, if you have a mine spider. Shadowstalkers are usually at the front of the lineup so it would be a good bet to put your mine spider in the 4th spot, and have some kind od stun skin in the first 3. Raioh or Chopperbig is a good bet. Keep in mind you’ll need at least 200 time units before the shadowstalker will die from the hit though so you’ll want some kind of shield as a backup to protect it.

Triphoon also does well against an unbuffed shadowstalker and can take it out in 2-3 hits.

Also if you have your own shadowstalker (probably don’t yet based on this topic) then it’ll do well against it too. A little tip that not many people seem to realise is if the opponent uses guardian or scapegoat then that arkadian now has a 50% chance to get hit by daydream. I’ve beaten so many shadowstalkers with my own one because the opponent see’s a shadowstalker against a shadowstalker and for some reason scapegoats their own one. When that happens scapegoat one of your own arks that you least mind losing, and then use daydream.

There’ll be a 50% chance their shadowstalker will get put to sleep or block another one of their arkadians from getting put to sleep.

There’ll be a 16.6% chance of your scapegoated arkadian getting put to sleep, and then killed by their shadowstalker.

There’ll be a 33.2% chance of either your shadowstalker or other non scapegoated arkadian getting put to sleep.

If the latter happens then it won’t be able to be killed because any attack will hit the scapegoated arkadian instead.

So there is no effective way of beating a Shadowstalker without resorting to egg-only arks? Hmm… sounds like pay to win to me. This is not the answer I wanted to hear, but thank you for all your responses.

Hello Sabercest, I did not mean not worry about Shadowstalker at all, I just mentioned that I do not worry so much about coming across one anymore,
It is definitely an ark that you need to pay attention from the moment you see, but not necessarily have to focus on killing him.
It is a lot more important to leave it withouth support. Choppebug is the problem when scapegoated. But the main problem really lies on weather a stun team will come afterwards (very likely) or not, if not it won’t damage you so much.

And Raiz, it isnt necessarily a pay to win, as I have all the egg exclusives and last OM arks available without spending any money.

That being said, yeah, you need the exclusives to compete in PVP at the same level.
Whenever I came across a non-egg arks team it is so easy to beat that I usually have at least 6 arks left without any strategies, just AOE.

I totally understand your frustration, even though I’ve been timing eggs for almost aas long as I started playing.
After beating the game first time and using all the gold I won in game to try and get some nice arks, I realized how unfair the odds were.

Really, up to you know. Time eggs, spend money, stop playing or continue losing.
Some mods might come here telling you that you can try this or that but the reality is that it wont matter as the game issues are still there and yhe unbalance has been created and the fix, if not really well thougth, wont make much difference.

Saber, your finding is based on your own sample or it’s backed by admin?

I’m curious too as it does guardianed/scapegoated ark tend to get hit by daydream.

i noticed the same chances with roulette too

It’s based on my own findings but it’s been very reliable for me. 

I do know for a fact that enemy scapegoated/guardian’d arks block the daydream, because sometimes the ‘blocked’ text comes up. Sometimes it does’t show, but it’s always that arkadian that gets put to sleep (assuming the daydream does not hit one of your own). I use it almost every time an enemy scapegoats or uses guardian as a way to get rid of that arkadian quickly. Must have done it hundreds of times by now.

As for your own arks the %'s I gave were based on the assumption that all arks on the field have an equal chance of taking the daydream. So if there’s 3 arks for each player out on the field, that’s a 50% chance it will hit one of your own, and vice versa, which works out to be around 16.6% chance for each arkadian.

Obviously that would make it a 50% chance of the enemy scapegoated/guardian’d arkadian getting put to sleep because they would block the enemies other arkadians if they were to ‘be chosen’.

I’ve found that this is not te case is you scapegoat one of your own monsters, if i cast daydream, it hits anyone of your monsters at random, regardless of guardian/scapegoat. Although more often than not my own shadowstalker gets sleeped.

Yep I stated this a few posts up. It effects the oppositions arkadians but not your own, which is why you scapegoat first before you daydream. If it does put one of your own ones to sleep then the only way an opposition shadowstalker can dreamhunt it is if it was the arkadian you scapegoated that got put to sleep, which would be about 16.6% chance of happening.