Rock Lock đź”’

Since in my last post here I wasn’t clear enough on the Rock Lock issue, I’ll explain the best way to troubleshoot this shortly. Skleviathan his passive should be changed to revenge paid as it was a few years ago. Midasdragon’s passive should be fixed it’s an illogical thing to give your opponent a rokoi when you sacrifice it. Nauticrucer your calling supplies should be limited. Leira the protector it drops should either die in a certain amount of time or explode like chests, Yin Yang Dragon his secret ability should have some restriction or condition like Link since it gives a useless monster to your opponent and it is a 3 vs 4 advantage…Since many players have complained about this same problem, could you please, on behalf of a large part of the Neo Monsters community, solve this problem or pay more attention to it. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Nerf rocklock :x:
Nerf tomdecarton :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

It never had a second passive originally. They added petrify revenge about 9 months after they changed raw (and other skills) to bypass protectors, as well as putting true hit on more monsters. Skeleviathan was basically never used by anyone so they wanted to give it a big buff.

I remember the second passive I was always asking for was one where a rock would be spawned at the back every time Skeleviathan was hit (i.e. it can repeatedly devour and recover the HP it lost).

Lmao

only skele needs a hotfix imo. ur spamming mythics dont tell me you cant skip before leira enters or kill Ldie before he uses ss that sounds sad af lol

Edit : midas too

There’s a lot going on here, but I think this needs to be said by someone and I like playing the devil’s advocate so I’m going to go ahead and do it:

Rock Lock/Token Lock and Stun Lock should exist.

These are all legitimate strategies within the confines of the games scope and require teambuilding in order to effectively pull them off. I remember when Skeleviathan got his buff, I even recall talking to @DMGInterference and @Killerdog about Skeleviathan stating that he would henceforth be a powerful force to be reckoned with and in almost all Front Lines, regardless of a Rock Lock strategy or not. Teambuilding is a requirement for these strategies and @NMEGaryOak said it best, if you don’t build your team to deal with the most commonly used meta, there isn’t much room to complain.

That being said… The issue that I’ve seen surface is too many monsters that make it extremely easy to Lock your opponent with these strategies. Lunactica is a big problem, hands down one of the if not the most influential monster when it comes to Rock Lock. She is indeed in need of a nerf, but not one that destroys the monster altogether. Skeleviathan could use a speed nerf and I think it would still maintain a placeholder as a powerful monster without being as ridiculous as it is right now. Ldiefaeth imo is agreat design for a monster as it’s lock potential is very limited, it’s a one and done kind of thing. I feel this is the treatment that should happen with Lunactica, make her Enemy Substitute her Secret Skill instead and limit her controlling power without taking away her tools to be effective.

It’s not about nerfing things into the ground, it’s about creating balance. The way these threads are going will be the devs completely destroying the strategies altogether by crippling multiple monsters as they did with LINK Fire which sees hardly any play anymore because of it. We don’t want to make monsters that players work hard/pay money to obtain completely useless, we just need balance

MFs will have 4 APs in their first 8 mons and complain about rock lock

2 Likes

That part lol