Regarding dupes

Some monsters have uses in their second or even first forms that their final form can’t offer, whether it’s less cost or safety from certain situational enemy skills. There’s nothing wrong with having that nuance of bigger not always being objectively better, the only problem here is that the choice is constantly forced upon players; they either have to leave their monster unevolved, filling that niche use while never reaching its real full potential(not to mention not ever filling in that final dex entry), or evolving it and never getting to try the younger one out. If you roll the same monster twice, the game just automatically fuses it and grants a bonus.

Which is why I am now proposing to change that. When a dupe is rolled, I think the game should ask if the player wants to gain a second copy of the monster in its first form rather than a +1 bonus. This way:

• Players can have both options freely available at all times

• The dex can be completely filled

• Players may actually be HAPPY to roll the same monster twice rather than frustrated, since the flexibility can offer far better compensation than a tiny speed boost(depending on the monster in question)

• It’s not exploitable since the game doesn’t allow two of the same evolution line in your team anyway

• It’s quite balanced since you have to roll the monster at least twice(much harder to do than just once lol) to get the benefit, and players should know full well that they’re giving up the +1 bonus in order to gain the second one(not to mention each copy of the monster would have to be bonused individually)

So that’s my idea. Let me know what y’all think!

9 Likes

how will they then manage to make +9 unevolved and +9 evolved? Other than that it seems like a good idea

If you’re really willing to blow 18 potions on a single monster then be my guest :stuck_out_tongue:

na i’m not talking about me but maybe some ppl will want to

Please make this a thing

2 Likes

100% yes please. I have the same problem with the gorilla mythic right now, his first form is cheap, tanky, and does good damage, but I wish I can have the second form with HG and repent half the time. Having the option to have multiple copies of the same monster would also allow for more intricate and cool combos imo

Also for the dupe issue (which copy gets the dupes) either make it selectable which copy gets the bonus, or just give it to the highest evolved version if making it selectable is too difficult

More importantly and what I think will get this pushed through. It means more $$$$$$ for the dev$ as people will pay to roll for dupes.

2 Likes

Good point!! Devs here’s a easy way to make some extra :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Yup, win-win scenario lol. And I would expect that subsequent dupes would automatically be fused to the bigger form.

Thats a great point @squinty1880 the dev$ would make money off of people wanting dupes fo sho

They’re already profiting off of dupes with their mythic shard system anyway lol

So imagine if people wanted dupes of legends and some super epics as well, they’d be rolling in money

Not enough cost is always a problem that players are considering.So this change is not necessary because the choice is a good thing

How about 500,000 silver to un-evolve monsters. It’s a win-win for devs.

1 Like

I would only support this if it also comes with cost increases for the lower forms so they don’t cost much less than their final forms. Either that or an overhaul of the movesets.

Currently you can get some good second forms for much less cost in your team, allowing you to use more strong monster and add extra secret skills. The monsters have their costs and skills balanced for their final form and certain monsters do way too much for their cost in the lower forms.

I have been consistently suggesting nerfs to the Devs for various second form monsters because I think it unbalances the game when they’re too good. Not to mention that they’re tankier in many cases because the defence calculation is messed up. Some examples:

• 8 cost Leogeist which still has stun counter. Only difference there is slightly less damage from crescendo and no lifeflip.

• Gearcroc 1st form as a 5 cost auto-protect stun absorber.

• Talo/Apollo/Nebel/Cosmo/Gaiawolf, various monsters with death revenge in their second form for 7/8 cost. That’s one of those passives which should be final form only in my opinion.

• Lagodragon gets send back next in final form, it has the link dual give turn and even stealth gift passive in second form.

In my opinion the Devs need to do some serious rebalancing so first and second forms are missing a significantly strong bit of the moveset which they unlock in the final form. OR they increase the cost of the lower forms much closer to the final form. E.g.
Mythics = 9, 12, 14
Legendaries = 8, 11, 13
Super epics = 7, 9, 10
Epics = 5, 7, 8

Currently they are…
Mythics = 6, 11, 14
Legendaries = 5, 8, 13
Super epics = 5, 7, 10
Epics = 4, 6, 8

As you can see, the 8-13 cost difference for legendaries between second and third form is enormous. It’s the main reason I’m against allowing people to have second forms. When they’re viable it makes a huge difference to the team cost.

P.S. I am fully aware that these cost increases would be terrible for the early game. It is far from ideal but this just a suggestion and more to illustrate the issue than exactly what I want to see happen.

2 Likes

I know I wrote an essay above but I want to write something more concise…

I love what the Devs have done with the Flutters (pair move in final form) and with many of the mythics (four moves in second form but missing a powerful passive or a weaker version of a move). I think this is exactly what they should be doing, but should be done as an overhaul of all the super epics and legendaries in the game so there is much better consistency. Most monsters have particular bits that are what make them powerful and the second form should either be missing it or have a weakened version. It is quite obvious on most monsters how to do this.

With that done, having a way to unevolve monsters would be good so people can put together particular combos. Either that or what Lucrayzor suggests, allowing a dupe to be a separate monster if you wish.

Right now there’s too much of a cost reduction on monsters, particularly legendaries, on their second form compared to their final form. If a monster has a very good moveset in their second form it can potentially cause issues in balance. Monsters are designed to be used in their final form and secret skill cost is meant to balance them. Naba (6 cost) versus Don Rilla (15 cost) is not balanced at all if Naba is strong… which weirdly it is.

1 Like

That’s a nice idea because I have lavaronix and don’t want to upgrade him just to gain stun immunity for 5 costs more that I can spend on a sweet SS like duscy’s raw secound wind