Ranking system crap

I’m sure I’m not alone on this but the ranking system now is even more crappier than before… I mean, lose points from a win? I got lots of points at the start of the pvp but gradually get less now, this is bs because i have to replace 1 loss with 20 wins considering I even lose points when I win… the previous system was a lot better even with the 50 point drop flaw. At least I got point(s) from winning

7 Likes

+1/-1 seems like a more fair system.

1 Like

Why complicating it devs? For 3 tiers do:

1. If tier 1 meets tier 3 its a +3/-3
  2. If tier 1 meets tier 2 its a +2/-2 (same for tier 2 and 3)
  3. If tier 1 meets tier 1 its a +1/-1 (same for every same tier)

And if you want win streak bonuses: after 5 win streak you get +1 to whatever you win, after 10 you get +2, etc…

Tier will be placed by an other methud tho

Thats a really great system.

Devs at least explain the math of the current one. Because currently it seems like

If-> win then purple. If -> lose -> cheeseburger.

My last 10 wins against top 20 players = 40 points… and i lose once against another player in top 10 and i suddenly lose 15 points… what a system…
@Dev_VKC please make this work better because this just sucks

Iam sure Killerdog unterstand the system;) ?!?! The Albert Einstein of Neo Monsters

3 Likes

I’ve been too busy testing out particular monsters and different team strategies. All I know is when I created a bad link storm team I dropped to 80th then as I made adjustments I climbed back up to 25th.

I would really like the maths to be explained too. I had no idea people were losing points from wins… that’s weird!

Devs

Back in old times, after every match we had a window popping up saying how much battle points we have gained/lost this match.

Whatever system you choose in the future, can we have this feature back?

Can we also have the opponent’s name back on the screen? I know you can look back at the battle logs, but having it directly on the screen both allows for identification on screenshots AND is helpful because it helps me learn names of other people in the community and/or remember in the moment that I am fighting a friend/rival/etc which is just an additional layer of fun?

The top 5 and above are players I’ve never seen before. And ripper confirmed that one of them were hr97 with not that many legendaries. That made me think that top 5 atm dont meet the actual top players but they’re still there…

1 Like

1 of the top 10 guys…

Well u have to say that he runs a nice fl… But however… This Ranking is just a joke😂
please devs explain us ur idea behind this PvP Ranking system​:joy: hell nuts it is so easy to build a logical Ranking System, but u always screw it :sweat_smile: there are so many Solid ideas in. this forum, just use One, they re all Better than ur Ranking Systems so far :flushed:

1 Like

Either the system is completely flawed or hackers. Or both.

It is just insane , 57 wins with 11k rp, even top players don’t have that win streaks, I find it very hard to believe, specially given his legends,

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD do we have to beg for a better system ??
It’s so DUCKING RIDICULOUS, I’ve lost points even when I won!!!

1 Like

I segals idea sounds great. Im not even gonna do PvP this time around for a lot of reasons, one of which is ranking BS.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, guys.

There are internal tiers in the PvP event, where players will only fight the players in the same tier. We have now added a condition that if a player’s rating is higher than a certain number, the player will advance to the next tier. This will make the ranking more integrated for all ranges of players.

For the new rating system, it provides us much better matchmaking and balance. In fact, many other games also use a similar system. But we agree that it is a little bit unintuitive and it is not suitable for Neomon.

We will redesign the system based on the data we get from this PvP, making it more like UC ranking or PvP ranking we had in the very beginning, but more competitive and less grinding.

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

VKC & Other Devs

5 Likes

So it is possible that a 90HR nube with 30 legends could be top 5 without having to play a true top player? @Dev_VKC

That’s pretty much what he said.
& Like @Unown predicted, these new players in top 50 are in different tiers, they never got matched up with different tiers .hence their ranks are higher.

I took it to mean the ranking points determine your tier, and top tier players have more ranking points and that gets them into the higher tiers.

Once theyre in the top tier they have to play VNM guys, RAF, LDN, KLF, Z19, etc (no offense intended to those unnamed). So how can they be top tier without playing top tier? VKC said they would play those in their tier. I wouls think top 5 reflects top 5 caliber ranking points and therefore playing other top tier caliber ranking point players.

And playing top guys they would lose. And as we all know, once you lose you free fall about a million ranks and they wouldnt be there.

I still call hacking.

And if the devs have set up a system where a nube can nube stomp their way to the top tier only playing nubes, then truly shame on them for making a garbage system.

But i don’t think they did that.

Nope, VKC just said “internal tiers”. Judging by the picture above where the guy is hero rank 93, my guess is the tiers are based on hero rank. 100+, 50-100 and 0-50 or something like that. Hence this hero rank 93 person has been facing no one hero rank 100+ and can get a crazy win streak not usually possible when fighting against top players.

Sectioning people apart due to hero rank is a good thing to do. However, they shouldn’t be getting the same points for the leaderboard without actually facing stronger people… definitely not at the top anyway. I don’t mind the idea of hero rank 0-99 people competing to get in the top ~400 without facing higher rank people but the top 100 should be exclusively for people facing other top people.