Question: Does Metallodious escape now affect spawn rates/does it mess with the counter?

Hey guys, so I got a Metallodious with intentions of using it’s escape to farm hatchlings… I have Leafy and Bluey hatchlings and I got them without using escape. My question is, does Metallodious’ escape still work? Does it reset the counter when I use it? I have seen previous topics on this, but they are over a month old, and I just started playing a week and a half ago. To get those hatchlings, it took me maybe an hour or less, same with 2 frostjacks (30min- 1 hour each) while using the normal fight/rinse and repeate… Now I’m using this escape method and I’ve been trying for an Ashie hatchling for 4-5 hours straight. Well over 1000 battles done… I’m honestly unsure if the escape method still works, so that’s why I’m asking. 

**OH and when I say the counter, I mean the 2000 battles counter, where you are guaranteed a rare spawn (aka Ashie hatchling) and the 1/200 spawn rate.**

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You might as well be extremely unlucky.

The escape method DOES NOT increase your chances. It just makes farming go faster, therefore making it look like you’re having a higher chance. But in reality it’s still a 1/200 spawn rate.

Do not quote me on this, because I do not know,  but I don’t think the metallodious trick increases the 2000 battle counter. I think, for the counter to increase, you’ll actually have to complete a battle. AKA defeat the arks and get your rewards and then going on. When you escape, you simply escape. You don’t actually battle.

I think you’re super lucky to get them that fast without the escape method, but I think it’s just coincidence. Nothing should affect spawn rate.

Hello Still,

I found the escape method to work just fine for me. On average each of the hatchlings took me 30 min to find. Starters on the other hand have been terrible, I must have spent well over 7 hours of strait escaping and still nothing, I have tried for all starters except the water starter. I also just got the hatchlings about a week ago. Hope this helps!

As for your question, I don’t know for sure I wasn’t counting, but I did stay in the spot until that hatchling I was going for appeared.

Thanks for the responses guys! If anyone knows, I’d love to know how the 2000 counter is affected when you use escape. Also, I will continue to use this method. Hopefully my luck turns soon. 

Thanks again.

I believe not, as Admin mentioned once that the only thing that affects the 2000 counter is if you found the hatchling.

I dont use a metallodius for farming because killing is just as quick 

No, because when you kill, even if it’s a strong AoE, you’ll still have to go through 1) animation 2) the xp screen. That’s about 3 seconds? Maybe more, maybe less? And when you’re going to farm for a while, every second matters.

Time is money. :stuck_out_tongue:

Using a Metallodious is definitely quicker, you’re skipping unneccessary menus like the exp one, as well as the animations from attacking. 

I don’t find the counter makes that much of a difference to be honest, I’ve never had to wait 2000 battles before getting a rare. It’s only there for the most extreme bad luck cases, because if you think about it then the hatchlings, which have a spawn rate of 0.5%, should on average show up around once every 200 battles. If the counter doesn’t guarantee a spawn until 2000 battles then that’s 10x the average spawn.

Edit: beaten to my first point.

Unless you are fighting in battles that have more than 3 arks, like cherub, skullrex then metallodious might not be the best idea… These rare arks might be in the 4th lineup, say…

But for hatchling, sure…

That is true. So kill one and use the escape method? Haha