PvP matchmaking again

Hello,

@Dev_VKC PvP matchmaking at least in ranked should change.

@Killerdog always talk about “levels” (meaning that there is some kind of divisions between players after level 100)but I can’t believe in this anymore.

I m actually ranked 355th …Why the heck I play against DonT89 that is currently 20th.

Please do it fair, make people battle in the same 100th or 50th spots.

Meaning if I am 355 I should play with people from 255 to 455 for exemple.

Top players should battle against top players and clearly now I can’t compete against team like Josu or Don or whatever under 50, I don’t see the point in this.

@DonT89 gg man, when I saw your front line I knew it was you, I tried to battle to make it at least entertaining but it’s not easy against you

2 Likes

It’s not about your current position in ranked PvP, it’s to do with which bracket you’re in for the matchmaking. If you get a high win rate in your bracket you will move into the one above. I guess you’re either in the top bracket or the one below it, so the game will try to find someone in your bracket and if it can’t then it will look in nearby brackets.

The matchmaking definitely works, but it doesn’t mean you’ll always avoid top players even if you are in a lower bracket.

1 Like

I was at 217th spot, and I battled a guy which just had legendaries and mythics, my team of mostly SE’s and 2 legendareis , and 1 mythics, was too low to face that guy!..
I guess matchmaking is little partial towards players, it should be with players of same level! or with players having similar costs

I am just a newbie, 50 days old, dont take my words seriously @Killerdog , ,
I am still learning though😅

I agreeee

This bracket thing is broken for unranked and for ranked has no sense, my idea is much better!
If you want to be first is normal that you play against player above and below you but in a limited range.
I will gladly play against Don when I’m in the first 50th or 100th absolutely not before that.
It’s not difficult to implement a mechanism that works like this.

My win rate is 46% , I won 3 matchs then lost 3, the 3one was Don.
I’m not in the top bracket, If I am in the top with this win rate there is definitely a problem with matchmaking

If you met 6 people this far, won 3 and lost 3, it kinda sounds balanced to me? You’ve been around for a while mate, you’ll get matched up against good players. Just give em a good fight. I’ve never been in top 100 myself but still have beaten some top 50 players. Just catch them off guard with a cheeky setup is my advice.

If you’re using Galvbane you’re probably in the highest tier

2 Likes

It’s not the point.
I don’t care to be at the top and I don’t pretend to be there, is just that this match making has no sense at all.
If I’m in a competition and I am 300th it’s just normal that I play against the 299 - 298 -277 etc… For exemple …Why the heck I jump immediately against the 1st …No game works like this

Or the devs show the player’s hero rank with the friend code

Well, actually many games work exactly like this. Imagine how boring it would be for say the 10 best players if they constantly matched up against each other? It can’t work like that. You’ve got to accept it. There’s nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

This is straight up nonsense. Every single game works like that. Let’s take card games for example (HS, Gwent, Lor, etc…) it is absolutely normal that the top 50 get matched within the top 500/1000. In Shooters like Overwatch and Fighters like SF V it gets even wider spread.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m saying that 100 is a good number to create the brackets

And no this has no sense at all because first 50 are 80% time better than the 300th 400th so on…so apart for free win for the first 50th I don’t see the point

GG bro, you played well honestly.

1 Like

Sometimes the player you come up against has a lower rank because they just started, sometimes they take 2 losses in a row and you take 2 wins and you meet because of that, sometimes no other people are available and both of you have queued for many minutes… There are a lot of mechanics in the matchmaking you don’t seem to understand.

If it was done your way, matchmaking would take ages. It’s better to find a match than not find one at all isn’t it? I bet you would be complaining of long queueing times in that scenario…

No problem with this IF no player in my 100 bracket is available.
I mean if I am 355th, if no one from 255th to 355th available ok to go from 155th to 255th and so on

This is a good matchmaking system to avoid waiting time. Not just randomly goes against top players

I like getting matched with top players.

I met @Bouncy and @Josuinho two matches apart and honestly it was satisfying. I obviously am below their league, but seeing the strategies they use is inspiring. That is, if I manage to get past the obstacles (like a Camouflage FL)

Back in May I unintentionally abused the matchmaking system by playing with crap teams I made and then the day ranked started I created that fire aoe spam team. I played a ton of weak players and a few stronger ones and had an 85% winrate for like 50 games because of that.

1 Like

Hilarious @NMEduck

It was nice to match with you just now so I got a look at your team. Complete AP spam with Bastia and many powerful monsters. It’s very clear you have a top bracket team and I suggest you try mixing up your strategy rather than running AP spam given all the counters recently introduced.

Btw nice salty disconnect you did to me. You took a turn with your Staticsphere not too long before so I know you stuck around for me sweeping through most of your team and then chose to disconnect to waste my time.

4 Likes

1)My team is absolute not ap spam
Ap spam start from the first round with ducy and bloom, that image clearly shows that I am at the end of the match
2) The disconnect was legit I was in the metro lost connection could not recconect, the pop up asking to didn’t not appear so I started another match then appeared and when I clicked on reconnect match ended, in the end I exit the second one and lost 2 match like this.
3) The reason I encounter you CLEARLY shows my theory of broken matchmaking, I’ m still in the 300th tier.
4) My Team is definitely not a top bracket team, the only Mythic I got are Bastia (now nerfed and dead weight) and xyz that I don’t use, my win rate also clearly show that. My team thx to my efforts always manage between 200th and 300th at the end of PvP, HOW IS MY TEAM A TOP BRACKET ONE WITH THIS RESULT? IF IT IS SERIOUSLY THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE
(I recently hatched Bloom, Nova and Magma, these ones when trained will help me to create a better team)
5) The fact that you defend this matchmaking system without even considering mine just shows how selfish you are, really seems you like easy win instead of a challenge because I’m saying this without any doubt I’M NOT.
Be honest, was my team challenging?
Was my team interesting against a top 50th oppent? Didn’t seem to you easy to win?
C’mon Chris seriously?
Frankly I can win all PvE event, and with nudity and no new content I’m gradually losing interest in this game…What is left is PvP but is not challenging at all with this matchmaking system for new players. Really I just play for the star ticket.

I m here proposing a new method that sure works and is 100% more fair.
The method doesn’t not create disadvantage for old players nor for new one, just create matchs for players with same skills. Moreover is really easy to implement for the dev.