PvP matchmaking again

Your FL was Bastia, Tagosenshi, Dusicyon(?) and a protector with another in 5th, then Bloomeluga, then another protector. I think after that was Infernicorn then Cosmodragon but it’s hard to remember exactly. Correct me with a screenshot if you want to prove otherwise.

I don’t mean to be selfish with anything I said, just that having faced lots of teams I have a general idea of what a top bracket team looks like and yours clearly was one. If you don’t have much of a collection but you’ve been able to build a team like I saw then well done! You are probably on the lower end of the top bracket, but still in it.

I had no issue sweeping through your team but that’s because my team countered what you had. Also, I’m doing that against most opponents I meet. My front is incredibly aggressive and stuns people out of play unless they can kill my monsters that will be a problem and start doing their own thing quickly enough.

The current matchmaking system matches people based on their performance. I don’t think it could get any more fair than that!

1 Like

@Killerdog BRO, why not there may be a filter which may match only those players who have same costs or players having similar sum of all the stars of monsters in their team😕?
Then players like me who doesnt have a good collection may thrive for some time.I would love to hear about you on this opinion of mine
@taigart whats your take on this?

You said I use Bloom in 5th…My bloom is still not evolved…why should I use it in PvP? I hatched it Thursday…

My matchmaking method is based on performance too and works by 100th rank position brackets:

You can only play against people in your bracket,
If no one is online you are allowed to check the player in the next one in the upper bracket or in the lower one

Ex:. I’m 439, I can play against people between 339 and 539.
IF no one available is online instead of playing against DonT , you or whatever in the top 50 (I repeat this has just no sense) I play against the players in the 338-337-336 position until reaching 239…
If no one available, until 139 and so on…
Could go in the other way too expanding the search in the lowers bracket based on winning or losing.

What’s your opinion on this?

@DMG_INFERNO basing only on star and cost will be difficult. If you are under 100 hero level, you need to create a good team with Super Epic, and some legendaries, you I’ll not play against top players because they have a hero level >100

There is a divide so players hero rank 1-99 are separated from players hero rank 100+, because people don’t have the max 206 cost before hero rank 100. As for adding up the stars… like taigart said it’s a bit complicated and not really the best thing to judge teams by. Plus it’s important that those newer players who spent for an advantage get to reap the benefits by winning more in PvP. They have a little bubble where they can do this until they hit hero rank 100 and they get thrown in with everyone else.

@taigart Okay it looks like I mixed your team up a little bit with someone else’s. There was no Bloom, but you haven’t contested anything else so I’ll assume it’s correct. Whatever the case, you have a top bracket team for sure.

Using ±100 people is nowhere near enough. We’re not all doing PvP 24/7 so the number of people it needs to potentially match you with needs to be bigger. I don’t think there’s a way of doing it that will make everyone feel like they’re getting balanced matches. Every couple of months there’s someone complaining about meeting “top 10/50 people” and then you find out they’re in position 100-200th… which is EXACTLY the kind of people who those top players will be matching with. Also, in these threads people will complain about the matches being totally unfair and then you find out their win rate and it’s close to 50%, which proves it’s clearly perfectly fair.

In your case you said earlier on your win rate is 46%. I said your team is definitely top bracket worthy and maybe on the lower end of top bracket so tbh everything perfectly lines up and it doesn’t look like any changes are needed. You’ll be meeting (and losing) to some top people, meeting some other top bracket people you can beat and occasionally people in a lower bracket you can beat more easily… maintaining the kind of win rate you have. To get higher on the leaderboard you need to have a win rate above 50%, so it’s natural to be in a lower position despite having a top bracket team. I’m sure you’ll do better with your new Bloom, Nova, Raizen, Pump and Magma (combined with your Inferni). You’ve got a top notch collection of PvP monsters there now!

3 Likes

Blockquote
Using ±100 people is nowhere near enough. We’re not all doing PvP 24/7 so the number of people it needs to potentially match you with needs to be bigger.

I already said “when no one is available in the first 100 you can check the next 100 up or below you and so on”

IMHO If you are in the top you have to show that not by achieving cheap wins, but continuously battling the strongest one.