PvP matching

So I was reading around and I read that PvP was based on tiers with tier 2 being 55-65 and 66+ being Tier 1. I have no legendaries but have been battling my way through the missions and chapter quests and am currently on 65. When I was on 64 (last PvP round) my team was dominant and I could win the majority of matches with it. This time around the three matches I have been in have featured blocks of fully evolved legendaries, super epics and little to no epics. These teams seem to be much higher capacity than my team at 65… I have been on 65 and not completed the Rank Up, Omegamid, Riches etc. etc. missions as I have been scared of leveling up for this reason (wanting to stay in tier 2) and wanted to get the super epic on offer for those with PvP scores 400+. It seems that I shouldn’t have bothered considering the teams I have been playing have mons far above mine. I have 11 super epics and 27 epics (as well as three unevolved epics). I do not understand how people have so many legendaries without spending $500+ IMO those with no legendaries but above a certain level should be grouped or some other system should be put in place as my team has barely fainted one monster in the past three battles. I have seen other parts of the forum where legendaries and super epics are tiered maybe the points system should be reevaluated to better reflect the huge difference in abilities between legendaries and super epics (and within those categories as well). I have no chance with the team I have in Tier 1. Here is my team for ref:

True, but if they further divide 65+, I am afraid there wont be enough players to match with.  Still its very impressive to level up so far without paying anything and still got the event monsters.

I got my first legendary after spent 100$… it did help in  getting through most events.

BTW, are 7th and 8th monster event exclusive or available in normal eggs?

I got the shark through rolling a normal egg the gearwolf was an event exclusive (not sure if festival egg/egg exclusive though). I have tried to save up gems for festival/2x chance eggs and only gone when it’s the case but still legendary eludes me. I have also tried counting to five method etc. I just must have some bad luck as even at 5% odds I should have one by now. I have rolled around 25 times. 12 super epics/epics I have gotten through events or through initial island quests. I was thinking they could give us a preview of the team and both players agree to fight or having rooms where players can match up but that would ruin the randomness and probably many would choose not to fight even if their team was only at a slight disadvantage.