PVP Beta Results

Hello all. Thanks to everybody who has participated in the PVP beta so far! It is still open if you have not yet tried it. I wanted to ask some questions and give some feedback.

We had around 4000 PvP Matches so far in the beta. There was only a few people complaining of problems, one of which seemed to be complete inability to play. What we are trying to gather is, is everybody else doing well\good\great etc, or are more people having problems and just not speaking up. At this point mainly focused on problems that are preventing you from playing, but I would also like for reference a list of problems in general that happened if you had them. We know some people disconnected sometimes but were able to rejoin using the rejoin match feature and complete their match without issue.

Known issues:
1 player reports whenever he plays his turns just pass over and over and he looses the match
1 player reports everything went kind of slow (may be related to being on an older device)
A number of people reported disconnects that did not cause serious impact as they were able to rejoin
A few players reported specific skill bugs that are valid but not specifically related to PvP

Finally a question. Based on my data, some people played a ton of games, but the majority of people played 1-2 times at most. If this was you, can you let us know your reason for not continuing? Some options are
a) Didn’t have time to do more
b) Didn’t enjoy it because I got wrecked
c) Don’t like pvp in general
d) I had problems
e) Fill in your own

Thanks again everybody!

1 Like

I think it was a great PvP
There was a TT glitch which happened in first battle, other than that everything went fine.
No complaints :+1::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

My problem with that skip bug happen at early when pvp started.
My turn not even over yet (always still more than 15 sec) but it get skipped.
For 5 games all the match have the same bug.
My connection is perfect and my device also more than enough to play neo mon

But after 8 hours i tried it again and it went smooth. But yea at that time i dont have free time to play more again

My hope is when you start to open the real pvp make sure from the start is good and glitchless

I didn’t have that much time but I will try to play more later. I wrote already in another thread that the damage dealt animation and calculation was somehow very delayed for me. I don’t know if it is supposed to be like that. Sometimes when I try to join a match it disconnects and I need to query again. I Will play more at a later stage and I appreciate that you developers are searching the contact always to the community. I see that barely from most games and wanted to say thanks for taking your time to improve. It’s always a win win situation…cheers

1 Like

My first match was SUPER slow and had an issue where GT from a TT monster simply failed, leaving the TT at ~200s and no turn given. It sounds like a few people had weird issues in their first match but everything smooth in the later matches.

Everything worked perfectly after that first match. I did 12 matches last night and stopped to go to sleep. I may do some more this weekend if I find the time. I reckon most did 1-2 because they wanted to try it out quickly but have their normal daily life on Friday so decided to prioritise other content which is available like Whale’s Treasure and the new SCB. Probably those people will do a few more matches this weekend when they have more free time.

This PvP is awesome! The only problem I’ve seen is that the gameplay seems too machanical. Like the skips and the poison ticks are slow and seems like they are forced, not fluid. Other than that, great job devs!!

The animation for when monsters die from death revenge now moves way too fast. Please slow this down so that we can see monsters die from death/Payback Revenge

2 Likes

Only had a few games as been busy but had no issues so far. All my issues have been against AI

I am glad to hear it mostly went well! Keep the feedback coming.

I think i was the one who reported slow. Was only for first 3/4 matches probably before anti-virus or whatever it was got turned off.

Than played 2/3 after that and they were all much faster!

Than ran out of battery life

No, don’t break the streamlined feel of pvp to satisfy your self indulgence,

2 Likes

By the way, im trying to get non specific bug feedback, there is a bug feedback post for the pvp beta.

Bit off topic, but will dragon island blue ever get re-updated such that it’s usable again?

Its unlikely. It was made with an older version of cocos2d and the amount of work needed to bring it up to speed compared to the upside for us is pretty rough.

I did not have any errors worked well the game, this was a great beta of the pvp, the only “bug” I noticed was the rebound of malwing

I’ve played about 20 games. No major bugs. For the most part I think it’s faster than the old PvP.

I’ve definitely seen my opponents get skipped a couple of times - but that could be their connections.

My main issue is the most recent attack doesnt always show up in the right side turn box. So it’s like “whoops, your monster is dead” and you don’t know why. It happened after Rexo had a turn and after Red duo dog had a turn, so I’m guessing it was sudden death and death wish - just would be nice to know for sure rather than guess why your monster suddenly blew up.

Oof, that’s unfortunate. Hopefully Evertale will be a good replacement.

I feel like this was a design choice and works nicely. The game speed is on >> so it’s faster but it shows those important bits mechanically so you can keep track of what’s going on very nicely. It feels a bit weird because it’s not what we’re used to but I think it’s exactly how things should be done.

@tom On this note… I totally agree with NMEGaryOak that the animation for death revenge kills should be slowed down so you can see what’s going on properly (both PvE and PvP). It deals the revenge damage the same instant the new monster comes onto the field. I like to see which monster the death revenge hits (like probably everyone) and it can be hard to track things if the new monster entering the field has an entrance passive. The slight pauses for sleep skipping and other things are great, we need that for death revenge damage being dealt.

1 Like

Only problem on mine was “too many disconnect/ion”
overall great but still needs improvement :+1:

1 Like

Overall great PvP improvement @Dev_BRD