Poll 2.0 Does the new paid option for the mythic egg incentivize you enough to spend more for future eggs with this option?

Does the new paid gem option for the mythic egg incentivize you enough to spend more for future eggs with this option?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

If all my sale gems counted I would. But since only half my sale gems count, no.

Personally, I like this distinction between the gems that allows the Devs to do more targeted sales at the spenders without it being ā€œbuy gems and get something bonusā€. It basically means people get more for the money they put into the game and removes a bit of focus from the 2x gem sales too.

I just hope they donā€™t overuse it as a half price mechanic that basically means people get double the gems than what they buy. For a few specific eggs targeted at spenders itā€™s a great idea to give them more for their money.

P.S. I pointed out in another thread itā€™s basically a 2x gem deal but on a specific egg rather than on generic gems that can be used anywhere.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add this too which I wrote in Line (extra paragraph added on the end)ā€¦

I totally understand how itā€™s easy to freak when you see something like this added but itā€™s just more benefits for spending money like the 2x gem deal. It lets the gems stretch further and allows more specified deals.

If they start making paid gems only eggs thatā€™s a completely different story. Also, if they increase the price of things for free gems that will be terrible. However, I doubt they would do either of those.

If they do some eggs cheaper with paid gems and/or give them extra 6*/7* tickets Iā€™m cool with that. Here they put a purchase limit of one so perhaps that will be a similar trend when they offer this on other eggsā€¦ ā€œSpend 20 paid gems for 10 eggs + 6* ticketā€ as a one-time offer on each egg wouldnā€™t be so bad. There are a few different routes they can take with it which simply reward people for spending without making life terrible for free players.

Some people are theorising theyā€™ll give guaranteed legendaries for paid gems. That could work tooā€¦ again maybe a one-time offer on each egg for 40 paid gems and it gives a guaranteed legendary (not necessarily featured). Paying players could do this 10-pack first to get the bonus then do the normal 10-pack.

1 Like

This is actually a good incentive to get players to spend, it increases the value of the gems you purchase. All it allows is more pulls, the summon rates are still same for everyone. I really dont see anything wrong with it aslong as nothing else changes, its really a kickback for people who support the game financially. Aslong as thereā€™s a limit, whales still need to be kept in check.

Yeah we donā€™t want a repeatable 40 paid gems with guaranteed legendary in every pack. Thatā€™ll just flood any paying player with legendaries and create a huge divide between F2P and P2P. Giving a little more to the people who spend thoughā€¦ thatā€™s what we want.

1 Like

This 50% discount is complete stupidity . No matter what anyone says , this is absolute crap and should not be followed !

I wish there was a way to downvote posts.

1 Like

Why?

I should note saying something is stupid without providing reasoning makes the statement invalid. Regardless im sure this was just done as a once off anniversary special for spenders. Shouldnā€™t forget the spenders are the reason we even get to celebrate another anniversary.

1 Like

Yep why ? Is it because Iā€™m not supporting the managementā€™s decisions ?

Because ultimately this is along the lines of things that we have been asking for for a long time.

This is equivalent to $12 for a mythic. If management keeps with this price range, then we may get some people tempted to spend. Itā€™s a bone to the low spending player.

This isnā€™t some offer that benefits the massive whale, itā€™s an offer that benefits the guy with maybe $30 to spend on games.

They could simply halve the gem price , u know ā€¦ No need to seed a divide in the community with these kinds of deceptively unfair summon costs

I still donā€™t like the direction that I suspect theyre taking, but ya they also are gonna get $ out of me for this because I am going to spend for a legend ticket. This will make their game more profitable but its also going to give p2w a big advantage.

1 Like

Every anniversary there is for the first time a wow effect and then people complain. People always complain and the generosity of devs or marketing has shown is at least far more than expected. Keep in mind. They donā€™t have to do that. I see barely any other games who are celebrating an anniversary like neo monsters.

The mythic is available for all people with an extra offer to people who are willing to pay for gems to get a discount. Nobody is forced to pay. You are still able to buy it anyway and a guaranteed mythic on top. I knew that forum will explode again on complains after anniversary is starting and I am staying away from all those discussions about rumors what direction the game is taking. Thatā€™s completely bs. We have anniversary. Enjoy the extra gems and rare gems. If there is something like that in future again outside anniversary you can complain. So sick of it

6 Likes

Only itā€™s the completely non-linear version of P2W that is successful in other games. The kind that is sustainable for low spenders.

Idk where the ā€œdeceptively unfair summon costsā€ are. This looks completely fair to me. Spend a reasonable amount of money, get your pack, be happy.

3 Likes

It really confuses me how people are against this. Its a limited offer at a price that even low spenders can afford. Now if they removed the limit i can understand how it would be unfair and then even i would be against it. Its not as if f2p are being denied the offer, do you really believe you deserve a discount ontop of the free mythic when using free gems. Dont you see how it makes you look entitled.

2 Likes

When @Dont89 argued for better offer in anniversary packs , everyone was telling him how wrong he was , speeches about equality , fair treatment etc etc since his suggestions were out of reach for a common p2wā€™s hands . Now suddenly some of them are okay with this and have flipped sides .
Alright !

1 Like

I was always with him if you talk about me. just saying. people who talk vaguely are very annoying, tbh.

1 Like