Paid dlc

So on like chat we had an idea. An idea to keep the game alive and to give us something actually entertaining to do. 2 new islands, but as paid dlc. Some revenue for devs, only £5 for both at most and at least 1 catchable legend per island (and maybe a se or 2 as well :grin:). Imagine how cool it would be! Given the catchable mins are half decent it would 1. Give the community something to do (treasure hunting) and 2 give older players something on par with out abilities after the story. I know I have some support here so speak up! @Dev_BRD @Dev_VKC , please take note!

5 Likes

Also could we not hear form zard and killerdog given you two are know for disagreeing with the normal community . There were alternative discussed to paying for it like an amount of gems for F2P people like kd (or at least those who cry about it)

100% agree!

And for those who cannot or will not pay with $, there could be a gem option. Who wouldnt pay 50 or 100 gems for additional content and the ability to catch 2 limited SEs and a legend?

Its a win win. Devs get more revenue. We get more story.

I would rather my monthly “donation” go to additional content than the chance at the latest OP legend.

3 Likes

I agree. Devs want money, we want content. ACTUAL content. Not a new legendary every 2 weeks.

1 Like

Heck - what if we paid a couple bucks and set sail to Hunter Island ? If they remastered that content.

As i recall nothing over there could be captured that would be anything OP in NM. All the legends and SEs had to be fused from weaker monsters and the fusion system doesnt work in NM.

Maybe after we defeat all of the Old Ones in Hunter Island, we unlock one brand new legendary that can be used in NM?

1 Like

I love the idea of spending $5/month or 50 gems to open up new islands with more story and new catchable monsters (like one legendary and a super epic or two per island).

That’s an extra $60/year to the devs and 12 leg to me.

We have finally almost pernament pvp in the game so there is always something to do. What I can see in your idea is buying legendary monster for 5 pounds.

1 Like

Well they are also fixed legendaries and probably not as OP as the ones in the pools. It’s not like people are going to stop buying the eggs.

Then you must not have read all of the post :rofl:

I love the idea of new content. Even if they gave us 4 free legends if they are low tier legends it’s not gonna effect anything. A few dollars for more content and a few legends isn’t gonna hurt revenue directly.

The only problem I see from this is that it could upset newer players when they find out they need to spend an additional $5 for comparitively little content. This will lead to negative reviews on the Play and iTunes stores and will hurt revenue in the long run. They will feel like they are getting scammed. Better off making the game cost $5 to start with and unlock everything.
But $5 is to expensive as a start up price.

Hence the only solution is adding that new content for free.

I think overall they will get more cash this way. The real money is in the limited legends and gem sales. Opening up other areas of revenue can screw things up and disturb the balance in the force.

I’m saying this in regards to newer players. I’m happy to pay a few bucks for additional content personally.

2 Likes

yea this is a great idea! May need some fine tuning but overall sounds cool and fun!

1 Like

@Dev_VKC what about an island where our avatars can interact and battle and talk ans trade in a 2D MMO style world? Would that be possible?

Also, what about adding a silver, fruit, and potion wager system to duel pvp?

3 Likes

Also what about incorporating puzzles and in-world non battle challenges into the new paid DLC content?

1 Like

Silver, fruit, and potion wager system will be so fun.

1 Like

@Dev_VKC what about skins, costumes and accessories for our monsters? Seriously.

I would legitimately, honestly, and seriously pay you a dollar to put my Jagwarrior in a pink tu-tu with a pink tiara.

Or if i could put a clown nose on Geo.

A baseball cap on Emerald or Revan.

A tiger costume for Nulltron.

A cowboy hat for Galvbane.

A catwoman suit for Nekko cat.

Seriously devs. Please consider. Make them earnavle accessories in events or purchasable add ons.

2 Likes

Napoleon Dynamite “Vote For Pedro” outfit and Afro for Geo @Boiler :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Oh. My. Gawd. An afro on Geo would be In-effing-credible…

1 Like

I was actually going to strongly support the idea. Paying the occasional £5-10 is exactly what I’m happy to do for games like this. However, as I began reading through the thread I started to think a bit more… then I read Saitama’s post and thought “YUP, this is exactly what I think” (great post btw @Saitama )

I completely understand where people are coming from. We want some fun content and we’re happy to give a bit of money to the Devs to help them out, even make it accessible to free players if they spend gems for entry (costing far more money-wise, but without actually spending). However, I think this is unfortunately one of those things which doesn’t quite work as well for the game in a business sense. Some games with huge communities do these kinds of things as a quick cash-grab but I don’t think it fits the model here properly.

What we need is other stuff like the “skins, costumes and accessories” that you say. Basically some non-essential stuff in the game. I think this game lacks enough resources and items… there’s very little the Devs can offer as rewards which are desirable and that limits them lots when it comes to deals or making things unique. If they worked on expanding the amount of things in the game which we collect it will really help their business. It’s always surprising how much people are willing to spend on cosmetic stuff!

I’ve got an idea which I’ll write up someday (I have a thread planned with various ideas) about a new type of content and with desirable rewards which should hopefully encourage spending quite a bit. I think if we all put our heads together we can come up with a few different ways the Devs could add stuff into the game that makes it more fun for us and encourages spending from players (either the big ones, new ones, ones who would spend a little with encouragement or all).

3 Likes

Some games with huge communities do these kinds of things as a quick cash-grab

And I’ve seen such games get destroyed with bad reviews after doing such. I’ve even been turned off downloading such games after reading the reviews.

I do hope we get new content though… Some nice suggestions in this thread.

First off, you’re requesting an echo chamber, which isn’t a good thing. It’s good to have conflicting viewpoints if there is a valid reason for one.

Secondly, I do think this is a good idea.

2 Likes