Ideas for the Devs to save the game

Hi @Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

I think you are in Line Lounge, but if not, the topic of this mornings discussion is the fatigue of the loyal player base.

Frankly there isn’t a lot of incentive to keep us playing, and several of your whales are leaving.

Don’t get me wrong, the near constant events and new legends is interesting. And I do genuinely appreciate your efforts on that front.

But I think for the long term survivorship of the game and long-term interest, you need to add a few features.

1. Clans.

1.A. Clans affiliation needs to be a real thing. The community has already given you ~10 to choose from. Like with Pokemon Go, at HR 50 we should join a clan. The clan tag automatically appends to our name, cannot be changed, and the clans with the highest aggregate score in events should get bonuses.

1.B.Clan v clan tournaments would also be cool. We do these from time to time on our own, but it would be way cooler if they were official. Failing to schedule your match or no showing for your match would be a loss.

1.C. Clan stat bonuses. If there were 12 clans, 3 of each clan could receive a 5-10% bonus to their monsters stats. Like RAF gets 110% HP, Z19 gets 110% attack, etc.

1.D. Clan-Unique legend. Each clan gets a unique legend that each member gets upon reaching HR200. That would also incentivize us to grind for HR200. If not a unique legend then at least a limited legend (for those who would cry unfair).

1. In game story

2.A. The winning team of each PvP season challenges you in game for grand champion. Buffed AI and if you win you get a rare gem or 2 gems or something like that.

2.B. Random island trainer encounters in offline. Replayable and each one randomly drops a small reward (deage, 1k silver, gem).

2.C. In island monster reward for capturing a number of monsters. If you capture say 100 in island monsters you get a limited SE from Randolph.

2.D. Stronger monster encounters in island for more training points. But you can’t capture them.

2.E. .2% chance of encountering non-limited legends in the islands for capture. But they’re buffed as hard as the temple monsters. And losing to them comes with a penalty. Beating them gives you their baby form regardless of capture. Anyone who thinks having to spam a tile for 500 encounters at a difficult chance of beating a Buffed Sanctallion gives an unfair advantage is silly.

7 Likes

And possible fulfill more fan suggestions.

Agreed 100%. I am a F2P player since the early days and lately I don’t have much reason to play anymore. I mean game is interesting some times but most of the times it just sits there I can’t ever bother to PvP. Every time I do I get beaten. Badly. So there is no incentive for me to play. These suggestions as well as trade and better rewards for Friends points is what we need.

1 Like

Additional idea for clan bonuses. Each clan gets an element and the clan monster stat bonus applies to monsters of that element.

1C / 1D, the first would imbalance things and the second is unreasonable considering there are potentially loads of clans. I think a better way to do it would be each week you get to claim 1 gem from the clan screen.

Clans in general would be good for the chat mostly… it keeps people interested a lot more if they can make friends or get advice when they want it.

2B, 2C and 2E. These all seem to promote easy access to monsters or gems, totally going against the way the game is designed. It might be balanced for the top players (except the ability to infinitely farm gems) but this would ruin the early-game for people. I like the concept, but think this is too much.

The Devs wouldn’t be getting a proper income from their newer players who want to build a collection of strong monsters if these people can simply farm gems, SEs and legendaries from persistent gameplay on the islands. Sure, for us older players it’s all about the limited legendaries but not for the newbies.

The other bits I 100% agree with. I honestly feel a clan system would do the most for keeping a healthy playerbase. A few functions in that to make it add more than just chat:

• dueling between clan members
  • clan leaderboard in PvP which adds the top 10 players’ scores together
  • a weekly gem
  • clan rank which increases by exp gained from members, at certain levels it opens up new rewards
  • each 100k clan exp you make gives you personally 1 reward point, which you can use to purchase clan rewards
  • rewards are SEs, gems, rare gems and potions. The gems, rare gems and potions can be claimed multiple times but increase in cost each time
  • might be obvious already, but higher clan ranks will gain access to “1 gem” as a possible reward again but this will be great because it will not cost many reward points compared to previous ones you’ve claimed many times

As for how it brings in money… it simply makes people play more and engage with the game. This clan system, plus a couple of fun extra additions outside of limited-time events (e.g. PvP winner challenge battle) would do a lot to flesh out the game.

1 Like

This kind of stuff is going to imbalance things really badly :confused: I don’t think it can be done.

1 Like

It probably would be difficult to do. But the game is all about tradeoffs. If you’re playstyle is defense then you would choose a defensive clan. Making the bonus element specific would further limit that tradeoff. I don’t think you would find it throws it off when everyone gets to make their choice.

As for clan specific legends, make it a legend from the common pool that reflects that type. Again, sanctistag isn’t going to throw off the game. Especially when the player is HR200. If You want to make it too easy for the nubes let them start with 86 free gems on a guaranteed festival… Oh wait that’s what they just did lol.

A 1/500 chance of encountering a Sanctistag or am AP in the wild that is then super buffed is neither quick or easy, and again wouldn’t I’m balance the game. Frankly I’m surprised a F2P would be against providing other opportunities to acquire basic legends for free with a lot of grind.

As for trainer battle rewards, fair point that it could get out of hand with free gems. So make the gem drop rate random and low. Like 5%.

I agree that the clan improvement system and expanded content makes for a more popular and satsifying game.

At this point Devs already have a good way to take a lot of money. A new OP legend every other week accomplishes that.

Now they need to worry about retention. Some big time old school players are leaving.

I’ve been playing for about a year and have purchased gems one time. I honestly think that the high prices are costing the devs a lot of money. It’s really insane how much money they are asking for a single monster. I cannot in good conscience spend almost $100 for a chance at the monster I want. I would be completely willing to pay $10 to $30 each month for something new to add to my teams. But the experience you have playing this game is determined by the variety of teams you can build. That variety can only be gained by spending hundreds or waiting for years. I really don’t think it’s the way forward. Get a larger number of people to spend a little bit more frequently. You are turning away people who are willing to spend, by asking for too much for your product, and locking large parts of the game.

1 Like

Okay but consider this… if clans give different boosts then won’t everyone be wanting to jump around the different clans depending on the team they’re running, especially if they’re elemental boosts! Same with free legendaries given by clans.

The damage dealt/received by monsters is carefully done so that certain things are killed and others are not. Any messing with monster stats is going to ruin that. This game thrives on complex and well designed combat so I don’t see any reason why they’d choose to spoil that.

I was thinking you would be locked into your choice permanently.

So no jumping clans.

It would probably resut in a million bugs. But just trying to come up with ways to make clan affiliation impactful to the game.

If theoretically you knew what each clans advantage was you could adjust your in game decisions to that. It’s already a coin toss if IPK will put Drake to hold ground or backfire brutally.

It would probably be code breaking, but if not a special boost each clan could have a special ability. Z19 RNG and KLF get to use overwatch 1x per match. RAF and RoE get to use one shield per match. Maybe another gets to use second wind once per match

Extremely unfavourable coin toss. Either kill one protector or lose two mons trying.

1 Like

You’d be locked into a clan? Ugh sorry but that sounds horrible. You need the ability to kick people from clans.

Also you talk about making your favourite protector killer one-shot all monsters but firstly… how on earth would you know what monsters you will have when you reach hero rank 50 and need to pick a clan?? Secondly, what if they’ve got a boost to the defence of their monsters which counteracts your attack boost! Stat boosts are a big no no to me.

Having the ability to shield something once or second wind… those are the kinds of boosts which could potentially work. Perhaps the way to make clan boosts work better is to have them not be clan-specific but rather something each clan unlocks. For example, tied in with my clan rank (level) idea… at certain levels the clan unlocks new boosts then each person gets to choose which one they have selected. The boosts are small, but useful and all one-time use per fight. They’re things like “place a shield on the monster currently with a turn”, “purify a teammate” and some of the stronger ones like “give a +25% attack boost to the monster currently with a turn” are unlocked at higher clan ranks.

1 Like

What’s the point of clans if you leave it? Wheres the loyalty and the pride? What’s the point in accomplishing something with a clan if you leave it.

Kicking and the behavior that prompts it does presents a problem in general. Maybe somebody like Lunar can get kicked from the social aspect of the chat but still keep the tag. Or maybe once you’re kicked you just lose clan affiliation in general.

Or it could be that once a year you get to change clans on the anniversary of you joining a clan?

As for bonuses, I don’t like the idea of every clan getting all of the bonuses. Then there is no trade off. No advantage or disadvantage of choosing a clan over another.

I think for the clan to have impact on the gameplay there has to be something to gain or an opportunit loss for clan decision. Each clan is assigned 1 big advantage and players choose their clan affiliation based largely on that advantage.

I’m so confused… you talk about loyalty and pride meaning you must stay in one clan but somehow you’ve got to select a trade-off with the bonus very early on in the game when you have no clue what monsters you will have. There’s zero point in having advantages and disadvantages of being in particular plans if you can’t later change your decision. I mean what if it turns out that Z19 have the overpowered boost and nobody else can get it!?! Changing once per year is not enough. It would work much better if movement between clans is easier. If you want clan-specific boosts then maybe the boost should be set by the clan leader. They unlock all the boosts as they level the clan but can only have one set for the whole clan to have at any one time. It can be restricted so they can only change the boost once per month. However, I do feel like that’s a recipe for argument in a clan so I’m not keen on it.

Bonus does not equal no pride? I’m saying pick a clan and get involved. There will be a bonus that comes with the clan. Make it HR100 then. Whatever. I think you can pretty quickly tell if you would prefer one instant shield, overwatch, purify whatever. None of them would be massively gamechanging but it would be cool. It’s just a perk of being in the clan. Not the primary reason for being in the clan. It’s a way to have am in game impact and a social element. Pride and bonus are not mutually exclusive or dependent.

If you were in RAF and wanted to jump after a year or jump into RAF for no reason after a year I would rather not have a person like that in RAF

Anyway devs will do what they will do which will most likely be nothing. They’ll just keep pulling 80$ month out of a shrinking pool of whales until the game dies.

I don’t like this idea.

If devs should do something then this one isn’t it.

“Yeah, to keep players around we should make it such that there are less viable teams for people to play with! Great idea!”

lol no.

1 Like

How are we making less viable teams?

because by putting in type advantages we are as you say encouraging different team types.

What if I want to play a non-defensive team in the future? Too bad for you you picked the defensive clan.

1 Like

Gotcha. Well it’s not as if you got -10% on attack. But it would encourage you to play to a certain strength I suppose.

But again, what’s the point. I shouldn’t have even started this thread. Devs won’t listen, and will just keep extracting dollars from a few as the game dies.

Feel free to lock the thread.