Re-work

Alright. So I got a bit of a discussion that I would love to include everyone in the community on. So i’m kind of new to this game. About 7-8 legendaries, and 5 mythics (i’m very lucky). Milked all the gems out of the story mode, completed all current events, and milked all the achievementa i’ve gotten so far. Level 89, and been playing for around 3 weeks. I’m a big spender(currently haven’t spent any yet(debating on it) and a hardcore grinder. Anyways, I was gonna spend some money to get Bloomeluga, and when I saw the gem to price ratio I was baffled. 80$ for 150 gems? Just wow. Then I went on the forum, and looked at others opinions, and realized that a lot of big players are leaving, and that a lot of players are thinking about it. Here’s what I propose to you dev’s. You gotta make it easier to get legendaries. NOT gems. Legendaries. You guys are very generous with the gems part but from videos i’ve noticed that you’ve tightened up lately. Getting rid of guaranteed legendary deals on anniversary, and making legendaries harder to get isn’t the way to go. If you wanna make profit, and get people to flow into the game you gotta make it reasonably easier to get legendaries. The game itself is amazing. No contest atm, but people want cool monsters. Why not give them a easier chance to get them? The way YOU devs want to do it is up to you. I promise that if you lighten up the legendary experience whether from giving more gems from deals, or giving higher legendary chances, or even guaranteeing a certain legendary from festivals after 2-3 packs (like you guys did previously)would help you bring in money much better. Maybe even add in a pass for 10-15$ that brings in gems daily and a limited pass-only legendary. Everything else is fine. Though I do wish you guys had more story! Anyways, great job on the game, and I hope to see this game become super big. There are things that could use tweaking, and I would love to be a part of it. Hope you devs listen to my suggestions.

-Victor Wathen MLBB Discord Moderator

2 Likes

Making legendaries easier available would be the wrong way, its already good the was it is atm… That Game isnt meant for owning all Monsters after 3-6 month of playing. Its more about saving gems on specific Festivals to get the most wanted Monster… Sometimes its disappointing, sometimes Not

First of all welcome to the forum. I am impressed that you have read a lot about this topic and hold your opinion back that. For 3 weeks you have an insane progress having nearly the same amount of mythics as legendaries. Your point of view is interesting you have joined recently and for you it’s even harder to earn those gems since finishing an event takes quite some experience and of course the pool of monsters you have.
Those arguments were said several times to higher the value out of the gems. I mean you said yourself. You are paying literally 50 cent for 1 gem without any guarantee to get value out of your investment. This is always what people were complaining about since the last anniversary and that’s 10 months ago. Devs are not the people to Adress it. We have to Adress it to the right people and I have already shared the thought to motivate people to do that on mass with one clear message. Improve your purchase system. Let even smaller investing people get a guaranteed value. We have never heard anybody from the marketing perspective and devs never commented on this topic to bring this up in internally meeting. I guess they have enough to do and don’t really bother about plebs complain about having back a 2x gem deal. As many people said already - they seem to make enough money soaking it from big spenders. That’s it

Ps: @Moking is the wrong person to judge about this. He got nearly lucky at each limited event and got the advertised monsters in many cases By single rolls. So for his case everything is fine since he belongs to the lucky ones and he doesn’t want others to have a higher chance now to keep exclusively collection as “Free2Play”, player

Welcome to the forum, I am a big spender of this game and for certain things I totally agree with you, but for some reason I do agree with @Moking as well.

Let’s start to the point of making legendaries available, in that case will be fair for f2p because turnover of monsters will be increased, but also player can select where to spend and getting OP monsters easier, which will mean that the medium player can easily play an amazing 206 cost team.
It seems good, but is totally wrong because in that case big spenders will stop spending (no point on doing it), or worst they will turn a game in a p2w, like creating boosts or whatever else.
Game logic is easy, money vs time.
You can build a kingdom in one year and spending a hell of money or playing for 15 years.
Appart of that as a spender I find fair the odds of this game; luck is a factor obviously, but as said this game is not made to owe every OP as f2p.

I have to disagree right now it feels like its p2w because newer monsters are getting overpowered abilities and breaking the meta as long as you can afford to buy those. So basically you are describing the current situation and not how it would like if everybody would have a decent chance to get at least some of them by not spending several thousand dollars. It’s not about owning all OP monsters but at least give people with less opportunities a chance to get those new ones

Ps: how many of those old legendaries can keep up with the latest meta? It’s just a few ones. They are trash and obsolete compared to the versatile new ones

1 Like

Sorry mate, weve already argued about this. Unfortunately this is the direction the company has decided to go, they believe a pure gambling system is better than the old one. Wether they benefit more this way only they have the stats too know. All i know is this new system made alot of big spenders quit or stop spending, i believe that speaks for itself.

3 Likes

Bro your point of view is good except for one thing, if getting monsters become easier people will stop spending.
You will just fill the game with OP monsters everywhere.

It depends really in which bases you spend, the truth is that f2p are pissed off because they was just spending when the right festival was coming waiting for the 6th pack guaranteed.
And then as I said before everyone would have OP monsters which is good and bad at the same time.

People didn’t even stop spending when there were no 2x or 3x gem deals. That’s not an argument for not spending. The current situation is like this because of marketing didn’t see a problem removing those deals since the income was above their expectations

Ps: I am not f2p. I was a regular spending customer on those deals until they removed them. It’s not about getting new legends gifted but the current pure gambling is just beyond anything
You can literally save up 300 gems or buy for 80 dollars 150 gems and get no value out of it at all. That’s a scam tbh

2 Likes

That’s why is not p2w this game, because you can find nothing with 150 gems.
And is correct like this because except very big spenders, the rest is totally balanced.
Do you want a monster do badly? Spend until you find it.

I am not supporting this kind of policy @DonT89. They will never ever get me into spending again with this scamming politics.yes I do desire some newer legends because they are powerful and yes its p2w because you said urself that you have to spend to get those. I have to ask what p2w means to you if not that?

And even if they do something like:

X Legend cost 80 dollars
Y Legend cost 60 dollars

How many legies people will effort to buy?
You cannot pretend egg method + buying method.

You get an average of 30/40 legies a year only because of this “gambling” when you find 3 legies in the first pack and then save the rest for next festival.

P2w means paying for winning, not paying to have better legies.
Thank God this game is not all about money.

Why is gambling in quotation marks, this system is the very definition of gambling. No it isnt just the f2p that are angry, i know big spenders that have poured 10’s of thousands into the game over there time playing that have quit. I myself have poured thousands into this game. I stopped spending because im not a fan of this gacha system however that doesnt stop me from enjoying the game its still a good game and the devs have my respect in what they try to do for the community from time too time. Its all up to the person if they wish to spend its their decision. This isnt about p2w this is about the system and whether it delivers the value that you spend for.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough, btw I was not trying to convince anyone about the fact that I agree with the current policy.
To me gambling and dealing with odds are two different things.
If a legendary is 4% and you get disappointed is not devs fault, they removed the 6th pack guaranteed and to me it was a correct move, I don’t agree with removal of 2x and 3x deals. As long you save the odds was not a damage having those deals.
At times to understand devs and who else does deal with economic part, you have to think like a business-man.

It’s called milking it before it dies.

It’s happening.

2 Likes

Well, the game recently witnessed an huge increase of the player base, I think it’s very far from dying

2 Likes

Good points. But we’ve been arguing to the Devs forever on this. They either wont listen or have no power to change it since their corporate masters call the shots.

I would ask @Dev_VKC and @Dev_BRD if they considered whether changing the guarantee or adding paywall mythics increased their revenues? They made a strategic mistake of introducing two variables at around the same time. Perhaps removing the guarantee decreased spending, but adding mythics increased spending? And perhaps keeping the guarantee for a featured legend at the same time that they have mythics would increase spending even more?

No guarantee, spending drops to -1. Adding mythics, with marketing hype and some on paper OP movesets at tiny odds, spending from whales goes up to +.5.

But hey, maybe if the guarantee stayed for legends and you add in mythics, the spending goes to +1 or +2?

Just sayin…

3 Likes

I played this game for over 2 years and sadly have now quit since 2 weeks. It is one of the best mobile games I’ve ever played because of the very intricate team and monster design. No other mobile game gives me quite that feeling when the battle system and tactics just ‘click’ in my head and I find myself in a flow state of mind, if you get what I mean. I also admit that I was quite addicted to the game too, as most of us are.

In February I almost dropped the game as Evertale came out, but since that one turned out to be such a disappointment, I regained motivation and came back to Neo. This is when I understood how bad the decision to drop guaranteed eggs was. First I didn’t think much of it but then I realised that after completing countless and countless rotations of the same online events and all possible content, the main source of fun for me became hatching a new monster and playing with it, building my team around it. After guaranteed was dropped, I was fairly lucky with my hatches and managed to get even some top tier guys (Gyo and Delug for example), but what also happened was that for extensive amounts of time I was only able to hatch duplicates, even though my legendary collection is quite small (50 ish ). During these periods my motivation dropped considerably. Some good updates raised my mood a bit, but not enough. Playing the game didn’t feel rewarding anymore as the only source of guaranteed new legends excluding pupupa is Tickets shop. And with my progression rate getting a decent monster from there would take 2-3 months… Simply not worth the time and effort if you ask me.

Finally, 2 weeks ago I felt less and less compelled to play the game and in a final act of desperation, while on a streak of about 30-40 epics and SE dupes spent a small amount of real money only to hatch 10 dupes. That was the last straw gone and I deleted the app. And after 2 weeks, absolutely no desire to go back.

The game is great when you’re lucky. It sucks when you’re not.

3 Likes