OLD Tier List

UPDATE
Here’s hoping you had a merry Christmas and a Happy new year! There have been quite a few new additions to the lineup recently, and whilst still relatively rare to come across they have seen some rather promising play. Plus new year has brought some excellent new monsters and a shifting meta to boot.

Additions
(Some of these are delayed additions)
Astrogolem goes in at C+ for general and B for pvp , whilst incredibly strong in the right setup it’s not a setup that is easy to attain right now with the amount of fast power in the front line. In addition it relies somewhat on other mortar monsters to do the work, which leaves very few options to build around.
Gryphking goes in at C+ for general and A+ for pvp, being able to give several turns relatively rapidly in addition to a large amount of utility turns a support monster into a high threat that needs to be dealt with. As of now Gryph just offers more than most other supports in the game, with the only drawback of relying on the right setup a little more.
Tezcacoatl goes in at S for general and A for pvp. Despite his rather expensive setup costs he can almost single handedly kill everything on both sides of the field once charged up, and on a very low cooldown at that. A monstrous sweeper but a bit of a double edged sword.
Regalion goes in at B for general and A+ for pvp, despite a rather odd moveset it provides an unparalleled amount of disruption in the right scenario and can render some monsters almost completely useless. Add in a long single target stun and it can easily slow down the game long enough to charge up megabomb.
Baublebasher goes in at A for general and A+ for pvp. It can easily pick up a kill with ally substitute and immediately start threatening with low cooldowns form extremely early in the game, with the added benefit of arguably the best defensive passive in the game. Also provides a somewhat soft counter to Deodragon front lines that have become popular once more.
Polarboss goes in at S for general and A+ for pvp. Insanely high survivability (for a sweeper), great damage scaling, low tu moves and just a touch of utility, all in a high speed package. It has very few checks (if any at all) and is only held back by how long crescendo takes to scale up, although this is mitigated by the fact that killing it can be so annoyingly hard.
Blitzdyr goes in at S for general and B+ for pvp. Sort of like the new and improved doomengine, more consistent and easier to set up but suffers from the same issues in speed and general lack of early impact. Makes an excellent aurodragon partner however.
Frozmaw goes in at D for both lists, with link in it’s current state it has very little going for it. Often will simply be unable to pick up a kill to charge bloodcrave and remain inconsequential for a long time as a result.
Botanic goes in at C+ for pvp and D for general. Almost entirely relying on a mortar partner to gain any significant value, it also has a nasty tendency to leave monsters on red health instead of killing them. Situational at best and even then there are usually better options.
Titanomoth goes in at S+ for both lists, acting as a more aggressive lordsreign it can nearly always guarantee a kill whilst remaining a solid support. A valuable addition in nearly any part of a team.
Chamilizard goes in at A for general and B for pvp , despite the very inconsistent link throw, stealth entrance and sneak attack can let it pick up a few kills here and there. Sadly exit plan makes it risky for throw teams and can mess up other lineups if not careful.

Movements
Stratustrike moves down to S , jackal has found his way into so many front lines that running stratus right now is simply too risky.
Deodragon moves up to S , big red has snuck back into the meta and is currently terrorising anyone relying too heavily on their front 4. Which is more or less everyone.
Hellfox moves down to S , simply falling in popularity compared to other monsters. Faces heavy competition from geo for the same spot and geo tends to win over it.
Soulstealer moves down to A. Jackal, plain and simple.
Lavaronix moves up to S+ , despite the immense amount of counters around the raw power of the TT monsters forces you to consider them. If left alone they win the game, it’s as simple as that.
Mechaviathan moves up to S+ , see above
Aegisdragon moves up to S+ , despite not being as flashy or as obviously impactful as the other monsters in the tier it remains to this day arguably the best defensive monster in the game currently. It’s inclusion into so many teams despite numerous exploitable weaknesses shows just how powerful it is.
Oniblade moves down to B+ , again jackal renders him relatively useless.

And that’s about it, this was mostly additions since despite sleep phasing out there has been quite a decent amount of experimentation and not a lot of really solid teams with the new monsters so far. That being said there are some really interesting movesets so it’s making for an interesting pvp.
Oh and let me know if I’ve missed any monsters. I do know that sweetfeather is missing but I’ve heard absolutely nothing about it and to be honest i’m wondering if it was even released at this point, I haven’t heard of anyone who has even seen it used let alone have it.

Wait when was chamilizard released? O.o

Great update Buck, though I am curious to see where Heavenshorn and Frostmoroz will go.

Great update

Im not agree with frozmaw tho. I use him quite alot in my water assist PVE team, while pairing him with stormloch.

Im not trying to sleep lock with them (there are better strategies for that), but the fast 100% sleep, even when its random, is a great move that help me crowd control. He usually can sleep 2 enemeis with the random move easily, and storm sleep whoever else i want (he can miss tho), and those 2 provide me a fast crowd control option, without the normal boredoom of a normal sleep lock, and without much setup at all. Plus, he charges super easy to me, and help HG monsters to charge other water elements that i use and are harder to charge (such as kamiwyrm).

He isnt a S+, but for pve hes at least A- for me.

I believe it was a while back along with nereida etc, a bunch of SE monsters got released under the radar with the gold egg rework

No actually, chamilizard never got released. Only Koma/Inu and Nereida are new SEs added to the nest.

Oh my bad.
Someone has been a bit untruthful with me -_-

I find it interesting how if you compare the Christmas and New Year eggs it is like this…
Christmas = A A+ S B+
New Year = B A+ S A+
^ The two are surprisingly similar overall. Christmas has one notch up on PvE and New Year has one notch up on PvP :wink:

I think all the ratings of legendary monsters are very fair. It’s good to see almost all the new monsters coming out over Christmas / New Year have some reasonable impact on PvP, being A+. I just want to point out that it’s Polaboss NOT Polarboss.

I agree with iSegal that Frozmaw deserves close to A rating. Despite link being a huge restriction right now his guaranteed sleep at only 70TU is brilliant for disabling the enemy team while you use other sleep monsters to sleep the remaining (or important) targets. When the update comes and link only needs 3 monsters this should prove very useful even if it’s mainly just for PvE.

My other slight disagreement is Titanomoth. Not with the S+ rating but because your description seems to oversell it a little. Maybe it’s just the way I read it but you make it sound better than Lordsreign, which I disagree with. It can purify if they try to poison it but ultimately Lordsreign is a good way to often kill more than one enemy as well as having knockback next which is a useful support move. They both have their strong points and ultimately I’d say they’re about as good as each other. I see you’ve got them both in S+ for everything so it doesn’t really matter but I wanted to hear if you really do think Titan is better than Lords or whether I am misreading that?

corrected

In all honesty i think that lordsreign is the better of the two, it provides a lot more utility and general value. Titanomoth however is far more aggressive, in fact for a support it’s pretty ridiculous how much damage it does, so it’s a case of how you want to structure your team. You play titan when you want a protector that will kill whatever you want, whereas you play lordsreign for the utility and support more than the damage (although that does kind of play down how much damage lord does, which is to say a lot XD).

Basically it’s arguably a worse support, but a bit more reliable if you need to get the kill at any cost. 

Frozmaw moved up to A for general , on request.

Going to leave chamilizard in for now because why not, will re-evaluate it on release though.

Also I’m going to make a little change to how link monsters are rated, the nature of the general list implies no support aka no way of utilising the link, but since this almost inevitably puts them in the bottom tier most of the time from now on it will be assumed that the link move is usable.

Hellfox is still s+. If left he sweeps hard, if killed he kills you back and his SS allows for double motor/double TT/double shocker in 1tu

Too many pages, not enogh time

Agree with this hellfox is the best monster in pvp that I have faced

List is on page 1

Hellfox moved back up to S+ on request.

TBH from what i’ve seen of hellfox he himself is good but he tends to be in lines that are either stunnable or weak to sleep since his lineups are pretty rigid (you pretty much need zib, fox and a cannibalise target with the last slot being free). But that’s just my opinion. 

He is always with zib when I face him,and it can be stunned using gallio only most ofthetime as usually zib cannibalism into absorber, and a tt is always there to help and it sure does

Just curious but has anyone used Heavenshorn/Frostmoroz yet? If so, what did you think about them?

Is Galliodragon on the list?

Still evolving my moroz, call for vengeance seems handy but if there’s a regalion on the field ur screwed

Heavenzhorn is ok, to say the least, I’m pairing him with my apollorexus(for protector conversion)
And slayerbane completes a good move set . Quickly charged for bloodthirsty but in my opinion a hold ground would do it good

If you give him holdground, it will make azura (the legendery protector convertor) to be almost in the same level as the se one. Not a big fan of that. He should be much better.

Agreed

Guys whats the tier list of wraithcaptain? He is so good and so rare to see at pvp or UC i cant understand why

B+ for pvp
A for general

It is great but also random and comes at half speed and low health