OLD Tier List

UPDATE

I know, I know, this should have been ages ago, but i’ve had absolutely no time in the days before going up to uni. On top of that I’ve been unable to play the pvp due to the same time constraints, but fortunately I have the wonderful people of line chat to give me a pretty clear picture of what’s going on (namely a peak of the stun meta). That being said feel free to leave opinions if i get something wrong, which I likely will.

Someone comment about the azazel guy as well, I don’t know anything about him other than he’s very bad. Also probably missed a few others so let me know. 

Additions

Emeraldont goes in at B for general and S for pvp , stun absorption with no weaknesses besides timestrike, and right now able to generate a near infinite supply of rockoids. Very close to S+ in the current pvp but a little expensive for just a stun absorber.

Albakhan goes in at S for both lists , despite suffering from the same problem as robinator (dead weight without a protector) due to the lack of damage on stealthbane, khan is entering into a meta that suits him down to the ground. 

Wraithhost goes in at S for general and A for pvp , whilst a very sticky and annoying sweeper it suffers if put to half health, and can be ignored for a little too long to come back from. Almost the perfect solo sweeper for pve though. 

Pontibear goes in at C for general and D for pvp , difficult to set up and with relatively little payoff should you actually get it to work. Quick assisted lux but that’s about all it has going for it.

Komaguard goes in at A for both lists , a strong set of moves that easily justifies having both to make it work. Very well balanced. 

Inuguard goes in at A for both lists , the more defensive of the two and can be a bit of a dead weight should it’s partner go down, but able to keep the pair alive for longer. 

Nereida goes in at B+ for general and A for pvp , vile rage into sleep bomb is a suprisingly strong combo but it can be slow to get started and shield entrance is often wasted by having it up front for the quick poison 

Keeperdragon goes in at C+ for general and A+ for pvp, a strong monster when used in certain combinations but on it’s own it struggles. Protect focus also reduces it’s viability enormously due to preventing poison damage. 

Movements

Aurodragon moves down to A+, still generates insane value but right now slow stunnable monsters are too much of a liability

Utopion moves up to S+ , if you can set up overwatch it just completely blocks out any stun, which currently is invaluable.

Nightlord moves up to S+ , right now the shockers are deciding games on their own, and their slow climb up the ladder is a reflection of how many teams are being built around them now. Perhaps not as flashy as some of the other S+ monsters but just as impactful. 

Cybereon moves up to S+ , see above

Celestrion moves up to S+ , see above

Shadowyrm moves up to S , boasting both stun immunity and fearsome damage, it’s the best way of dealing with protectors besides motor currently.

Nebelronix moves down to D , slow and non-impactful is a death sentence for most teams right now. 

Cosmodragon moves down to D , see above

Taloknight moves up to A+ , the fast shield is proving very valuable and it’s arguably the best cannibalise target in the game currently

Apollorexus moves up to   A+ , see above

Bahamuzar moves down to A,  simply too slow for the current meta, and often the give turners are picked off first, leaving him as dead weight for 200s

Solblaze  moves  up to B, sleep revenge may be all he’s used for currently but it’s still rather strong. 

Timberlord  moves  up to A , solid aoe damage and a general pain in the backside to deal with. 

Vulcaroth moves  up to S , very strong in the front alongside bane but the terrible motor matchup keeps it out of S+ tier for now

That’s all for now, if I’ve missed stuff (and i know I’ve missed at least 1 monster) then comment below and i’ll add it in. 

Praise be to moji.

I’m sorry for constantly asking this, but where would Djinzar place on the tier list? As for the Azazel angel that was with Wraithhost, I’d honestly place him a C+ as he’s just an average monster at best.

I keep forgetting to put him in -_-

Djinzar goes in at B+ for general and C+ for pvp , a solid monster with a good amount of utility but often far too slow to set up against much faster teams populating the pvp ladder currently. 

Also wraithhost is the cute thing with the big shadow, I’m wondering about the other one that was released at the same time.

I think lochi has him actually

He does indeed, and apparently that thing is trash. He can cannibalize to set up double bloodcrave, sure, except it requires your whole team to be shadow, a type which, while it has a lot of hard hitters, happens to be extremely lacking in the protection/support department. Not to mention he’s quite slow and has no defensive passives, so it’s fairly easy to knock him down before he can even throw a punch, or worse yet, repulse him. Cannibalize is the only legitimate way for him to get a kill, so once that’s taken away, he’s got nothing left do but to flail helplessly at the enemy with zealous and assist blight(quite redundant btw), and maybe, just _maybe _pull a bonus KBN probably long after its opportunity to screw up the enemy has passed. And poison revenge? Absolutely no reasoning behind that whatsoever. It worked excellently for Bolv and Robin, but it has zero chemistry with any of Azra’s moves. And finally, for a little extra insult to injury, the recoil on bloodcrave is massive according to lochi. One use on two full health enemies, and he goes poof, without even his measly poison revenge. So yeah, I think we’re looking at a C, maybe C-.

His kit needs to be redone a good bit… it is sad to say that such an awesome looking unit has so many problems…

Does anyone know what Inuguard’s full moveset is, as the wikia hasn’t updated it’s page yet.

PS: Thanks for adding Djinzar to the list Buck. I was on the fence on whether I should add it to my team or not, and now I know that it’s not recommended to put it up against the fast teams that dominate the meta now.

where is ashterios? 

A for PvE, B for PvP.

No way Ash is A or B for anything. As an Ash owner, I’ve been trying to make him work since I got him, and Fire as an element just doesn’t have the right support monsters to make him viable.

He’s C at best for Chrono Killer and swift fast strike, although 16 cost is a little high just for a single use fast strike.

Z19 GaryOak

Doesnt ash has HG?
Put him with shiva and a fire SE protector and thats the best support you can get. He heals with bloodbite, which keep HP sharing doable. Add solariel for a needed heal / purfy or lava for turns and thats a wall

i own ash and yes with the right team he is really strong i use him with shivadragon lavaronix with super epic tank, i also use burnsalot next in line and i think its a pretty strong combo

He represents a pretty noticeable threat even without the link. Also you don’t need 4 monsters on the field to trigger the link, just no non-fire monsters, so he can function as a far more reliable last biter with some support. 

And bear in mind that support includes some really strong late game monsters like doomengine, lavaronix, solariel, shivadragon. You’re not short of options. 

Does that strategy really work with Ash? You should run that next PvP!

The biggest problem with ash is that he gets singled out if the opponent notices that you have 4 fire monsters on the field. As someone who has one of the deepest legend pools out there and tries to use different strategies, I can tell you Ash doesn’t work competitively. If someone has an idea that works, please PM me, because I would love to crush people with Ash. Fire needs a fully defensive legendary a la Drako, Stag, Aegis, etc before he can work.

Z19 GaryOak

Ofcourse he doesnt work for pvp, same as any link strategy / strategies that rely on 1 main monster (like night rider + give turns). Human isnt stupid, but ai does. So for pve ash can be awesome

Gonna be interesting to see the moves in tiers lists after the upcoming PVP

is this still updated regularly?

It is, I’m working on the next update currently but due to the time gap between pvps this one is quite large so it’s taking me a while. 

With a bit of luck I should have it done by wednsday evening / thursday midday. 

Update
PvP is finally back, and with it comes a host of much needed updates to some monsters and a completely reworked pvp system. The gap seems to have shifted the meta somewhat: perhaps due to the anniversary festival but it seems that assault lines featuring delugazar and ziberius/hellfox lines are very popular currently. In addition the last round of buffs has seen a resurgence in some less used monsters, with some becoming far more viable than before.

Additions
Delugazar goes in at A+ for general and S for pvp. An almost insane level of offensive capabilities but the resilience of a wet paper towel, delugazar is a glass cannon in every sense of the word. Given space though he cuts through teams like a hot knife through butter.
Mojinator goes in at C+ for both lists , whilst in his gundam suit Mojinator can do some impressive work as a solid support. However once ejector seat goes off the lower forms are more often a hindrance than anything else, and are abysmally slow to boot. He has potential but it is awkward to extract value from his moveset as it stands.

Movements
Lavaronix moves down to S , the myriad of assault lines running around currently are heavily punishing teams that are built around TT, and while they remain a serious threat in any team they are much harder to keep alive than before.
Mechaviathan moves down to S , see above
Utopion moves down to S , Delugazar provides a common and extremely hard counter and he has become a much riskier absorber to use than before as a result.
Hellfox moves up to S+ , combined with zib he provides quick kills with double retribution, tremendous value from rebirth and remains a threat throughout the game. Add in payback revenge and he becomes impossible to deal with efficiently.
Midasdragon moves down to A , being unable to give turn to lavaronix has hurt his potential a lot, though he remains a strong option he doesn’t have the power of a guaranteed TT behind him anymore.
Icefang moves down to A , the current batch of protectors leans towards camouflage or stealth often backed up by stun immunity, and icefang simply cannot deal with the majority of them as well as before.
Emeraldont moves up to S+ , with utopion being pushed out by delugazar Emeral has taken his spot as the premier choice for stun absorber. It also brings a suprising amount of utility with soul shield and switch friend, and with only a weakness to timestrike it is in prime position to take advantage of a lot of front lines currently.
Lunartic moves down to A+, the current meta is very fast and sustaining a 3v4 long enough for lunartic to gain traction is simply too difficult a lot of the time.
Nightrider moves down to B , is heavily countered by fast frontline attacks and considering how teams utilizing him are structured it is all too easy to be completely ruined by a single (very common) shadowyrm
Bovolcus moves up to A+ , the buffs to his speed especially have been enormous for him, ensuring that the first one of fire will more often than not happily murder literally everything around him. 50s to both drop his shield and kill him is especially difficult to deal with in the mid/late game.
Prismaryx moves up to B , the buffs have helped him somewhat but he still struggles with his core problem of simply being unable to kill things effectively. The buffs have certainly made him at least viable however, though there are far better options for sweepers currently still.
Chronotitan moves up to B+ , despite his speed he is tanky enough to survive till the bomb goes off a lot of the time, especially since his hardest counter (banedragon) has been falling out of popularity lately.
Bunkerbeast moves up to B , the buffs have turned him into a slow but potent sweeper and his synergy with fast sleepers like oniblade and stratus make him a suprisingly appealing sweeper currently. His utility is a nice bonus as well.
Heavenswyrm moves down to C , his move order is very fixed (stun flash > healing light > survivor) and easily punished, and mojinator fills the slot of value support far better.
Tenebris moves up to A+ , the speed makes him far more of a threat than before and the lack of poison midgames currently is proving to be fertile ground for the dark hydra to make his return.
Oniblade moves up to B+ , whilst arguably worse than stratus he nevertheless makes a solid pairing with bunker and still offers some nice disruption when built around.

And that is it for now. I’m convinced I’ve missed a few additions but i can’t remember them for the life of me so feel free to comment about them. And as always if you agree or disagree then say so.

Also general moji needs an in game iteration. Just saying.
Anyway, peace out

Heavenswyrm is better than mojinator.

No logical person uses stun flash, there’s no point in that move anymore.

Without a charged blood move only stealthbane and faststrike one shot it. These moves are uncommon in the fl.

It’s a frontline mon only, where it can support protectors and get rid of threats setting up. The only problem it has is getting to that point where it could do that. One on one would set it up, which is already common in this meta.

All moji does is make itself vulnerable by misting or exit plan out of match completely. It shouldn’t even be D ranked, it’s that bad.

Heavens should be at B-, would be higher if stun flash was replaced with purify/purifying mist to combat SS, stag,Oni and stratus more effectively. They are everywhere.

In terms of usage only…yeah it could stay a C.

Why do we have link stun flash when stun blitz exists?