OLD Tier List

Thanks for taking on the new classification system. However, I’m actually going with the second option because it was more popular and I too prefer it (after a little thought, I was indecisive when suggesting options):
S+, S, S-, A, B, C, D, E, F

I have no doubt it’s very confusing for now! However, with time we’ll all get over it.

With regards to a couple of these monsters…

Cypridrus: I went slightly generous with my rating for it in PvE. It was in the same update as Persephia, who I was also generous too. I agree with you that one, or maybe even two, tiers lower would be good for it. I’m a little surprised you rate it two tiers higher than Novemdomina when functionally the two are similar but Novemdomina has more power.

Focalforce: I thought you loved this monster, or maybe that’s others who own it. All piercing moves ignore both HG/shields AND defence. Catapult doesn’t do enough damage for PvE though, so I’m glad to see you agree with my lower rating. I’ve enjoyed using it in biweekly and I can see how newer players can use it as a great sweeper with raw faststrike but there are better options later on and it simply doesn’t quite do the job against buffed enemies.

1 Like

@Killerdog I did adjust my tiers following this new system… Looks to harsh having some awoken mythics in tier E and D

@Killerdog well then so there is an error on stating the abilities

@Dev_VKC can you please clarify this point?

1 Like

Only HP stat will save you against piercing moves. Try using catapult on grovodeus before and after protect focus is used and you’ll see it’ll probably die both times taking the same amount of damage both times

Only rng matters

But this is about pve. No rng if they don’t die from the damage scaling

Haha yeah it does! But we’ll get used to it.

I think they might have changed Excessive Force’s description at some point to make it clearer but they haven’t made all piercing moves follow the same notation.

It used to read: “This monster’s attacks ignore Hold Ground & Protect Once”. This is very similar to what you see on Catapult.

1 Like

I still feel Excessive Force attacks deal much more damage imho

Their damage is set higher, that’s the only difference. Some attacks are weak but do still have the “excessive force” trait

What people “feel” is what we need to avoid. You’re meant to be the man who’s seen all these monsters in practice :stuck_out_tongue: It’s why we need screenshots of the damage of things so we can see whether it’s strong enough for something rather than someone’s vague statement of “it doesn’t do enough to buffed monsters”.

Well I can provide that Catapult Damage is around 4.7k-5.3k for a Oakthulu. No matter the lv of buff.

Yeah, Catapult is one of those moves set at just enough to kill non-buffed enemies. Marksmoth is a great example with its low attack for a legendary (4165) so it can’t one-shot all legendaries reliably and if you get the 5* form of the moth it doesn’t do anywhere near enough (3255 attack).

Sounds about right for Focalforce’s 5030 attack. I guess catapult does basically the same damage as the monster’s attack stat.

1 Like

On neutral type yes. I need to test now on Dark monsters and Light

Against shadow it will be the same. Against holy it will be 1.5x, enough to kill buffed holy enemies easily… but that’s too niche

Yes. All piercing moves ignore both HG/shields and defense.

2 Likes

So thats why my BB does insane damage even to buffed enemies.Thanks

Thanks for the clarification :pray:

This is the old thread for the tier list. Please follow this link to go to the new tier list:
Neo Monsters tier list

For anyone coming to this thread to read old posts discussing monsters (or their entries/movements in the tier list before July 2020) then bear in mind the classifications of monsters were as following:
S+, S, A+, A, B+, B, C+, C, D

To find discussion about a monster then use the forum search function ticking the “search this topic” button and write the monster name.